Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Good to know it is working in yours Dave, it is possible I messed something up -- were there a couple of versions of 4.1 out there?

I always make backups of the original files, I can email my export_descr_ancillaries from patch 4.1 to you if you would like to see it?

I have searched it for castle_town, agar & barcelona when I didn't get a Title for those, just to see if one was in there that I wasn't triggering.
    I didn't find one, so I just copied a title from another city and modified it, plus added a text for them as a quick fix.
    That is why I make backups of the original files, just in case I mess it up...which I did several times on Castle Town, I first had it as 1 word and it didn't like it etc...

**Another possibility is that a city name is referred to under a different name in the export_descr_ancillaries? --I have just noticed that is the case with some settlements in PDER...
    It was maybe just that I failed to trigger the ancillary for some reason?**

Cheers,
    Derf.

Biarchus

I'm trying to download this mod and for some reason my system does not recognise that i have it. ???? It is a retail version- not steam, and my system is Vista 64-bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

In that thumbnail the installer says that it cannot detect a copy of Kingdoms installed on your computer. You have to have the Kingdoms expansion installed, the mod will not install onto a normal version of medieval II Total War. If you do have Kingdoms installed then try downloading the mod again with anti virus software disabled. This will ensure that the downloaded file does not become corrupted.

Dave

Biarchus

Dave, thank you for your response. I do have Kingdoms(retail version- not steam) installed patched to 1.5. I just tried what you said, re-downloaded the mod with antivirus and firewall disabled, unfortunately i get the very same message appearing. btw- sorry about the double post i couldn't figure out how to delete the post thats in mod feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Dave, thank you for your response. I do have Kingdoms(retail version- not steam) installed patched to 1.5. I just tried what you said, re-downloaded the mod with antivirus and firewall disabled, unfortunately i get the very same message appearing. btw- sorry about the double post i couldn't figure out how to delete the post thats in mod feedback thread
    Can you start the normal Kingdom's campaigns and end turn ok? -ie: Brittan, Teutonic, Crusades & Americas?

If so, then it might be that your Vista registry is dodgy. That is Vista can't "see" that you have them installed, even though you can run them.
    Try uninstalling & re-installing MTW2 & Kingdoms, hopefully that will fix the problem.

Obviously, if you can't run the Kingdom Campaigns full stop, then the solution is the same as above:
    If it doesn't work, then your last & dreaded option may be re-installing Vista...

Hope it works for you.
    cheers,
    Derf.
    Last edited by Derfele; June 15, 2009 at 08:50 PM.

Biarchus

Derf, thank you for your input. Unfortunately, i did have a corrupt registry and wound up doing Vista system restore. Now i have to deal with these messages. Med II installed perfectly and plays perfectly. To make things worse, i also have a retail version of Med II Gold and that will not even install. I get a message saying Windows does not recognise the game language.

ztrain...that is a real pain.

Have you tired uninstalling & reinstalling MTW2 again, like after the system restore?
    I had my power cut-out on an installation of Kingdoms and received messaged like that when I tried to install it again. Uninstalling MTW2 & reinstalling, then installing Kingdoms worked.

I recall there was an error with installing something onto Vista -- not sure if it is your same problem, but do a search for Vista on the form and see what it comes up with.
    I didn't pay much attention to the post -- I only run XP.

Otherwise, you might have no other option but a re-installation of Vista...
    But install MTW2 as one of the first things you do
    I hope the less painful options work for you.

Cheers,
    Derf.

Biarchus

Thanks once again Derf for your feedback. I'm stumped. I did try what you said, uninstall and reinstall, 2x, and still same message. I don't get it, especially after the complete restore. I think i'll try SEGA support, maybe they can do something. I really appreciate all your help. It figures this would happen to me, especially since i've been dying to try this mod, it really looks and sounds wonderful.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out ztrain.
    Good luck with Sega.

It may be a Vista "thing".
    I'm pretty sure there are people with Vista who have Kingdoms installed & running.

You may be left with no option other than to re-install Vista, but I would certainly look for other solutions first...

Cheers,
    Derf.

vista"says through a scowl" did you try turning of the user account control and reinstalling everything as an admin log in yes i know you have most likely given full admin rights to your user account but its still not the same plus with uac turned off it installs the game the same as xp much MUCH easier

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Biarchus

I just want to thank everyone for their feedback. I finally got it working. What i did was i just updated Med II to 1.3, then i tried installing Kingdoms. " Lo and behold" it worked. I installed KGCM 3.0, 4.1, menu crash fix, unpacked it and deleted geography files. Everything is working great. Thank You everyone, i can finally now enjoy,what looks to be, an awesome mod.

Did you patch kingdoms to 1.5 before you installed KGCM 3.0? Also, if you are installing kingdoms over M2TW, you do not have to patch M2TW to 1.3. In fact, Kingdoms patches M2TW to a 1.4 version. After kingdoms, you need to patch to 1.5 for the best results. However, this is not completely necessary. I played KGCM for several months on an unpatched Kingdoms (1.4) with almost no problems at all.

This is my first time using a mod and I find it quite difficult to just start to use one.

The problem that I am having is that the unpack all.bat isn't working and the KGCM 3.0 is in the Medieval 2 Folder along with the display fix. Each time I start the unpack all.bat, it just says, MSVCP71.dll wasn't found, try re-installing the application. Apparently I see it right in the Medieval 2 Folder.

Does this have to do with anything about Adobe Reader being the problem?

there is no longer any need to unpack once you have installed 3.0 just apply the 4.1 patch that has a display fix in it that was the only reason you needed to unpack was to fix this....

But now its fixed

Thank you. I will post back again to tell if everything is working fine.

You have found the best mod available Chosen Warrior and it is your first one! Good for you.

Ok. So the Patch 4.1 is installed and I see it in the mod folder. Any idea on how to start it?

I'm new

Chosen- there should be a KGCM desktop icon to initiate your mod. Are you a vista user?

No icon on desktop. I'm a windows xp user.

make a short cut of your bat file and put that on your desk top that will start the game