Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Hey guys, I'm trying to find the descr_projectile.txt file in the crusades data folder in order to activate flaming projectiles for siege equipment that is currently disabled on. I have the gold edition of Medieval II Total War but I cannot figure out how to unpack the crusades mod using the unpacker so that I can find that file. I've followed Dave's instructions for finding and using the unpacker for the main game but I can't find any option or control for unpacking the kingdoms expansions so that I can access this file. Some help would be much, much appreciated. Cheers.

Also, I'm curious about how I could add maybe 1 or 2 more regions to the HRE based upon my experience playing LTC Andy's Modifications mod, which also uses the Big Map mod. I'd like to add in Bremen between Hamburg and Ultrecht like in that mod just for a bit of extra realism, and also cause I have noticed that there is a lot of land between these 2 cities/castles that could be used for the Bremen province. Its not critical for me to enjoy this awesome mod but it would make it look to me a little bit more like Germany. I've searched for forum posts on how to add extra regions after I found something talking about doing this yesterday but now I can't find them which is a bummer, so maybe a link to that discussion would be more effective than someone having to type them out all over again.

Anyway, loving the Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod so far, its exactly what I've been looking for in a mod for Med II Total War so I can guarantee I'll be playing it for a good deal of time yet. Cheers
    Last edited by Cobber; May 10, 2009 at 10:20 PM.

strange if you look in M2TW main file program files/sega/medieval2totalwar you will find a file called tools and in that file will be an unpacker one will be unpack all and then there should be a series of unpackers for each of the kingdoms expansions that you have installed you have installed crusades yes?? as i have already unpacked the full game i am not sure but i think you need to unpack the full game first to see these unpackers for the expansions.

Remember when you unpack delete descr_geograpghy_new txt and db files or it will crash at every battle load

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Strange, I don't have any separate unpackers for each of the kingdoms games including crusades, but they are installed and I'm playing KGCM without any trouble, movement of agents/armies has been a little jerky but nothing serious. Guess I should try the old, but tried and tested fix of uninstall/reinstall to see if I can fix this, otherwise I'm not really sure what to do. Would they show up if I were to unpack the main game before reinstalling kingdoms expansion campaigns, or should I only unpack after everything has been reinstalled again? Anyway, cheers for the advice
    Last edited by Cobber; May 11, 2009 at 05:23 PM.

Nevermind, I think I've discovered why the kingdoms unpackers didn't appear, not enough hard drive space when I tried unpacking yesterday. Hopefully this time I have enough for it to completely unpack, but surely 11GB or so of freed up space should be enough for it to unpack completely?

I've done a fresh install of Medieval II Total War Gold and unpacked it, but nothing has changed, no separate unpackers for the kingdoms expansions have appeared after unpacking which can only mean one of two things; either they don't have a separate unpacker in the gold edition but are all incorporated into the unpack all unpacker file, or else its not working properly but somehow I doubt that its not working cause otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do anything at all.

My guess for all gold edition owners is that the unpack all DOS file contains all of the Medieval II and Kingdoms files all in one. If I recall it correctly looking at the total number of files while it was unpacking it was listing some 36,700 odd files that it was to unpack, so it'd make sense if the files separate unpackers for kingdoms would normally unpack have instead been intergrated all into one unpacker for convenience. If not then I'm unable to turn flaming ammo back on for siege weapons, which would be a bit of a bummer but not something that would stop me playing the mod still.

If anyone has any ideas on this feel free to list them. Maybe Dave knows something about this that others don't. Dunno but cheers anyway for any help or advice.

Cobber

if you want i can upload the file from my game to this forum so you can use that but as it is a kingdoms non gold file i not sure how it would affect things ?? dave any advice or forrest suggestions i dont want to give him the crusades file and have it stuff his game

@Soul Firez,

That would be fine mate, I don't have the Kingdoms campaigns unpacked atm otherwise I would attach it here for you guys myself. Lately I've had to uninstall a few mods because they were taking up massive amounts of hard drive space. As does having everything unpacked, this is why I released patch 4.0 with the display fix. So that people do not have to unpack to play this mod anymore.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 12, 2009 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. I just want to say though that using Google and some browsing I've found a link to a page here on TW Center where someone has uploaded the unlockers for the Gold Edition. Seems that they are missing on the Gold Edition even though I read on another site something about them meant to be included with the v1.5 patch for the Gold Edition. Anyhow, hopefully everything will be fine now.

Cheers, Cobber
    Last edited by Cobber; May 12, 2009 at 09:23 PM.

ah good to hear well let us know if you want that file still i dont use it myself i use daves mod one for the balance of archers

@dave is it possible by just adjusting the EDU to give all elite archers the fire arrow option by doing it one at a time and in your honest opinion will it unbalance the game by doing so i love the balance you have achieved it merely i like the idea of an elite archer group having the option to use fire even if the ai is not very effective at selecting when is a god time to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    @dave is it possible by just adjusting the EDU to give all elite archers the fire arrow option by doing it one at a time and in your honest opinion will it unbalance the game by doing so i love the balance you have achieved it merely i like the idea of an elite archer group having the option to use fire even if the ai is not very effective at selecting when is a god time to use it
    I will look into modding this.

Dave

Libertus

Thanks for the great mod !

Do you know how to correct the spawning thieve guild in AI city ?

I enjoy this mod immensely, it is the only one I play (with the latest XAI too). Bravo Dave!

Q1:
    Is it possible to have the Explorers Guild still give missions to take cities even after you have built the Explorers World HQ?
    In my KGC_v3.7 Campaign the missions stopped after I built the HQ.

I built it in year 1192 (around turn 26) in Edinburgh (playing Scotland).
    Since then, no new missions -- now year 1252 (around turn 145)

I know that if I fail to do an Explorer's Guild mission that there is no effective penalty, that's fine.
    The way I play the game is to do the best to honour Guild Missions, even if it means it isn't the best strategic move

Q2:
    I noticed that Castle Town - Island between Scotland & Wales, has no City "honourarium". - Like "Lord of Wick" or whatever.
    This may have already been added...

Cheers for any assistance / info,
    Derf
    Last edited by Derfele; May 22, 2009 at 05:53 PM.

Is it possible to have the Explorers Guild still give missions to take cities even after you have built the Explorers World HQ?
    In my KGC_v3.7 Campaign the missions stopped after I built the HQ.

I built it in year 1192 (around turn 26) in Edinburgh (playing Scotland).
    Since then, no new missions -- now year 1252 (around turn 145)

I know that if I fail to do an Explorer's Guild mission that there is no effective penalty, that's fine.
    The way I play the game is to do the best to honour Guild Missions, even if it means it isn't the best strategic move
    All I did was lower all the rewards in the descr_missions.txt. I did not change the way any missions work. They should therefore work exactly the same way as they do in vanilla. If there are no missions from the Explorers World HQ in this mod then there were no missions for it.

I noticed that Castle Town - Island between Scotland & Wales, has no City "honourarium". - Like "Lord of Wick" or whatever.
    This may have already been added...

Cheers for any assistance / info,
    There is not a title for every region in KGCM because I use these ancillaries from Blood, Broads & Bastards mod. All of the original regions are covered by BBB mod and I have added many more myself. But there are still a few small regions left without titles, sorry.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 28, 2009 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks Dave, I have only played your mod, not vanilla - so I have no idea what comes from where.

Have you made any Ancillary updates since KGC 3.7?
    - Except for the Privy Seal (higher authority)

I made a few more things swappable - like armour (I wanted to pass it father to son like).
    Thus, if there are no more additions I will just add in your Privy Seal change.

I might even have a go at modding a Title for Castle Town, could be interesting.
    Is there a limit on number of Ancillaries like there is for units?

Also, have you made any trait additions since KCG 3.7?
    I changed a few descriptions & values, so if there are no additions, I will just use the same files.

Thanks for info Dave.
    Cheers,
    Derf.

DennisRoos's Avatar Tiro

I don't need to have Retrofit Mod installed, do I?

no you dont need retrofit for this awesome mod

Have you made any Ancillary updates since KGC 3.7?
    - Except for the Privy Seal (higher authority)

I made a few more things swappable - like armour (I wanted to pass it father to son like).
    Thus, if there are no more additions I will just add in your Privy Seal change.
    The latest titles I added were for Agder, Visby, Wick, Barcelona, Santiago, Palanga and Galway, thats all.

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave, appreciated.

I hope all is going well with KGC and XAI 3.4 integration.
    I wish you good fortune with it.

cheers,
    Derf.

Greetings Dave,

I also found Castle Town doesn't have a Title, if you want to add it for completeness.

Also, at least in the version of 4.1 that I downloaded & installed, Agar & Barcelona don't have one either.
    The others you listed do, ie: Visby, Wick, Santiago, Palanga and Galway.

Not sure what that means...

Cheers,
    Derf.

Also, at least in the version of 4.1 that I downloaded & installed, Agar & Barcelona don't have one either.
    Are you sure thats with patch 4.1 installed? because these titles are working fine for me on a fresh install. Can anyone else verify whether the titles are working in Agder and Barcelona for them?