Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

Jeremiah Wright's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Dave Scarface;

Thanks for a great mod this is the only one I play.
    I just have a few qustions.
    1. Since the Teutonic order has no family tree, (I haven't played this faction yet on 3.9;
    currently I'm playing the Sicilian Normans) how does this affect Kingship/heirs/princesses and
    generals?
    2. With a greater number of jihads, how difficult is Antioch and the Kindom of Jerusalem?
    3. Why does the map of the Americas show up alredy at game statup? Can I invade
    America in 1200 A.D.?
    4. Shouldn't Brazil not go to the Aztecs and instead go to the Mayas or another
    lesser Native American tribe?

1. Since the Teutonic order has no family tree, (I haven't played this faction yet on 3.9;
    currently I'm playing the Sicilian Normans) how does this affect Kingship/heirs/princesses and
    generals?
    As a result of having a family tree the TO will be able to get more generals through marriage and adoption. This means there is far less chance of the TO being defeated now if their leader and heir are killed.

2. With a greater number of jihads, how difficult is Antioch and the Kindom of Jerusalem?
    The campaigns as KOJ and Antioch will now be a lot more difficult for a number of reasons. Firstly I have improved the Jihad targets, meaning they will no longer be wasted on unimportant places like Medina. The main Jihad targets are now Jerusalem, Antioch, Cairo (Catholic) and Constantinople. Secondly the priest piety requirement was lowered to make jihading more frequent. The mongols are now an Islamic faction again. And finally the recruitment pools of Crusader knights were slowed.

3. Why does the map of the Americas show up alredy at game statup? Can I invade
    America in 1200 A.D.?
    The mini map just looks better displayed on the interface that way. You will still not be able to reach the americas until after the world is round event (roughly after turn 250).

4. Shouldn't Brazil not go to the Aztecs and instead go to the Mayas or another
    lesser Native American tribe?
    I think giving the Aztecs an extra region in Brazil is far better than a rebel army sitting in their, whether historical or not. This increases the power of the Aztecs and makes the americas more interesting later on imo.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; April 13, 2009 at 08:40 AM.

Alibi's Avatar Foederatus

I can not recuirt sherwood archers & french mounted archers in version 3.9. Will they be available in the late era?

And I find Lithuanian is aggresive in version 3.9, it seems a certainty they'll not convert to Catholicism.

I can not recuirt sherwood archers & french mounted archers in version 3.9. Will they be available in the late era?
    Sorry, sherwood archers and french mounted archer units were removed in patch 3.8 when I made changes to the mods recruitment system.

And I find Lithuanian is aggresive in version 3.9, it seems a certainty they'll not convert to Catholicism.
    You are not going to see the Lithuanians convert unless they drop down to 4 settlements or less. The option for conversion was added more for the human player really.

Dave

Alibi's Avatar Foederatus

I c. it is a pity. HOHO~~I'm a fan of Robin Hood. Anyway, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Alibi View Post
    I c. it is a pity. HOHO~~I'm a fan of Robin Hood. Anyway, thx.
    I'm sure you can get them back in.

Davies_boi16's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    Did you install the display fix or unpack the game?
    Both

Puer's Avatar Libertus

Hi Dave,

It would be nice to update FAQ:
    KGCM 3.9 contains XBAI and Lusted's Campaign AI (actually KGCM 3.9 uses a mix of CAI: Lusted's Campaign AI + XCAI for Mongol AI).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    Q. What AI does Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod use?
    A. My mod uses the final version of Lusted's Campaign and Battle AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosliver View Post
    XBAI and Lusteds CAI, because XCAI had pathfinding issues.
    I hope I wasn't mistaken

Regards,
    Puer

@Puer,

Thanks for the little push, I shall update it soon

nvm figured out what i asked already. >_<
    Last edited by fainez; April 24, 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Why did the flaming projectiles get removed?

This mod is cool, but why did the flaming ammo get removed, I'm asking out of curiosity. Any way to put the flaming ammo back to the mod.

Thanks
    ROYAL SIPHAI

See post 1 for your answer

Dave

Indefinitely Banned

Hi Dave
    I'm trying to unpack it but I can't as I'm still confused on what to do, please can you give steps on how to unpack and put the flaming arrows

Thanks.

How you unpack the game is this, go to the SEGA\Medieval II Total War folder. From there go into the tools and unpacker folder SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker. Double click the unpack_all.BAT to unpack the main game. You will get asked three questions type y and press enter to all of them and the game will start unpacking. This can take a while depending on your computer. Also if you want to unpack each of the Kingdoms campaigns you can unpack them also in the same folder.

Dave

Indefinitely Banned

Hi Dave

But one more question i must ask. In the campaign I'm playing as Norway there is one unit missing its the mounted feudal knights and with the Turks i can't get the siphai lancers also with the French i can't get the mounted noble knights. Is some units missing in the campaign. Can you help me here.

I tried to do the unpacking, it didn't work i open the game it quickly closes. Any way to put it to download instead of unpacking

Last edited by ROYAL SIPHAI; May 01, 2009 at 09:25 PM.

When you unpack, you have to go to the main data folder and delete the two descr_geography lines, txt and db. Its in the unpacker readme.

Next, I think that some units were removed to keep slight differences in the factions and others, like the Siphai lancers were replaced when the kingdoms units were added to the grand campaign. For example, Al-Haqi infantry or Dismounted something or other was essentially the same unit as the Siphai lancers so they replaced this unit, perhaps just in name.

@ROYAL SIPHAI,

The EDU is currently at its max limit with these units removed. Which means if you were to add them back in without removing the same number of units from somewhere else the mod would CTD. Some units were replaced for balance reasons. For example France can't have both Noble Knights and Chivalric Knights recruitable in the campaign.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 02, 2009 at 05:13 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Now i understand thanks guys. So the for the unpacking thing i delete two files and where do i find the flaming ammo file in the folder. Any chance to put the flaming ammo as downloadable

Last edited by ROYAL SIPHAI; May 02, 2009 at 05:26 AM.

To add in flaming ammo you need to unpack the crusades campaign and then find the file descr_projectiles.txt. Copy that file from the crusades into your KGCM data folder. If you like though, I'd suggust you try to only add in the flamming projectile you can't live without. They were removed in this mod for several valid reasons. First the ai performs far better on the battle map. Second it keeps you from spamming fire arrows at the few seige engine the ai build and then using only archers to destroy the ai full stack as it litterally stands outside of your gates without moving once it runs out of seige engines. The rate of fire for reg arrows is much better and sinse it is quicker reload, the ai will skirmish better and respond better so you won't find yourself running down full units of archers with a cavalry charge as they simply stand arround out in front of the ai army.

For example, in the sub mod I am putting together, I added in flamming ammo for the catapult, trebuche and grand bombard only just to spice things up. Left all flamming arrows off. I like something to light men on fire. I also changed the descr_burning_men.txt so the men who get lit on fire actually add something to my experience now, this also applies to burning oil, etc.

mongonels werent enuff for you?