Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

I have SS 6.1 installed with the extra mods included in SS 6.1.

Can I just instal this Mod too and play this Mod ? Or will it combine things ?
    Can I get my SS 6.1 Mod seperated installed and another icon with 'pure Kingdoms' + this Mod only installed ?

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Until waiting for Dave's confirm, there would be no interference from one mod to another because the 2 above mods use their own mod directory and shortcuts to start them!

Icon5 Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Hi Dave! your mod is the best totalwar mods i played! i enjoy this game even abandon the mod i mixed before by MTW2. i m a lowlow-grade modder and try hard to add some best mods in your mod, but thats a hard work to me obviously. So, could you pls pls add the mods i favorite badly, Hardgame 1.3, lithuania mod 1.3, and the crazycrazy i love, Broken Crescent 1.05, to your great work???

I have SS 6.1 installed with the extra mods included in SS 6.1.

Can I just instal this Mod too and play this Mod ? Or will it combine things ?
    Can I get my SS 6.1 Mod seperated installed and another icon with 'pure Kingdoms' + this Mod only installed ?
    As far as I know SS 6.1 changes some files in the "main medieval II total war data folder" I am uncertain as to how having SS 6.1 installed may effect the working of my own KGCM. In saying that though it could be okay to have both mods installed, I don't know for sure. But try it anyway, and if you get any unusual problems playing both then uninstall your mods and the main game and try installing my mod again if you wish.

Hi Dave! your mod is the best totalwar mods i played! i enjoy this game even abandon the mod i mixed before by MTW2. i m a lowlow-grade modder and try hard to add some best mods in your mod, but thats a hard work to me obviously. So, could you pls pls add the mods i favorite badly, Hardgame 1.3, lithuania mod 1.3, and the crazycrazy i love, Broken Crescent 1.05, to your great work???
    That is a request that I am not able to meet sadly. I have little time for modding ATM, and what little time I do get on weekends is spent on improving this mod for fans. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to help you. I wish you luck.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 20, 2008 at 03:02 AM.

So, is their going to be a 4.0, or is this mod "done"?

This mod was already in what I considered to be a "complete finished version" months ago. But then I started modding it again.. and added the remaining factions from Kingdoms.

There is no new full versions of this mod planned.. all that remains is small improvements and possibly another patch or two Consider this as the final refinements to a very stable mod.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 20, 2008 at 06:47 PM.

Greetings!

im new on the forum and i have a noobie question, i downloaded you KGC which has ireland, KoJ, Lithuania, Teutonic order in it;

Why does the irish characters say they are from scotland? Is there a way to fix this? if so can you show me, would be much appreciated coz i want to play Ireland and my general's saying "For Scotland! or For the Highlands" is a bit annoying.

Thanks for looking at my question.

best regards, ^^

Unfortunately CA never made an irish accent for Ireland in Kingdoms. So instead they just use the Scottish accent.

Dave

Thanks so much Dave!!

And just so you know, you made one of the best mod out there, if not the very best that gave everything normal users like me wanted to have in the grand campaign, xcept for that accursed irish accent lol.. But all is well.

Thank you so much!

Oh btw, how do u put that grand campaign mini into those colored map, you know the one which show's which faction has which region.

Thanks again! And more power!

And just so you know, you made one of the best mod out there, if not the very best that gave everything normal users like me wanted to have in the grand campaign, xcept for that accursed irish accent lol.. But all is well.
    There are many mods bigger than KGCM like SS, DLV, Broken Cresent, and others. And I can never manage to achieve anything like what some of these guys have done. I have a good relationship with some of these mod leaders, and they are all great people. I am content with KGCM in my own little way though. And privileged to be able to host my mod here on TWC. My mod offers a Kingdoms campaign close to the original, but more fun and challenging to play than vanilla. That is all some people want from a mod for Kingdoms.

Oh btw, how do u put that grand campaign mini into those colored map, you know the one which show's which faction has which region.
    I think you mean how to toggle the FOW off on the campaign map? That is a console cheat, open the console and just type in toggle_fow then press enter.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; August 03, 2008 at 03:41 PM.

Hmm. I dunno if its the FOW, but what i meant was that mini map on the lower left hand corner of the game.

Its like a little map of the whole game but shows colored maps, representing each faction.

Thanks!

Just a little question: this mod will creat a mod folder, right? Because I want multiple mods installed at the same time. So when I install this mod it wont kill the other mods.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

@traxx91,

Yes, it will create a new folder and will supply a default name. You are free, however, to change the path and create a new name if you should desire.

Thanks!

Hey people, ive just reinstalled med 2 and kingdoms to try get this mod working. The problem is that the crusades campaign didnt work when i installed it. Do i need to have every campaign installed for the mod to work????
    Sorry if thats a stupid question :\

Just realy wana play this thats all

Cheers

Hi, nice mod. I added Saxons and Normans to the mod (for my own strange set up and the fact that in theory it's easy) but came across a problem with the coat of arms. It seems setting the faction to use the Saxon coa ends up with them having Norways (I noticed Norway is set to Saxon in the descr_sm_factions) and if you set Norway to use Norways it ends up with Ireland (which is set to Norway in the descr file). While if I add a new one (which I did for Normans so they didn't have Englands) it ends up with the generic castle/build pic. You also get that for Ireland if you set them to Ireland in the descr.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the deal is. Is there some kind of limit on faction coa's that is less then the actual total factions? Is there any way around this to get them to work?

@Fenrisfil,

Thats because I had to copy the Norway faction symbol over the saxons in the shared and strat TGA's. We had problems in getting new faction symbols to work. The only way to add another two factions to my mod will be making new symbols and SD files. As there are no faction symbols left to copy over. You should be able to find a tutorial around here on how to add new faction symols, good luck.

Dave

Thanks for the help (and the very quick reply). I think I'm missing something as I have tried to replace every instance of saxon anything in the mod with the vanilla versions and I still get the norway logo. Lol. Anyway, I imagine I'll run into the same problem you did and if you couldn't solve it I very much doubt I can.

I may have to come up with some creative coa sharing (at the moment both new factions are set to use the england coa, but I'll change that). It shouldn't be too bad. I know I can only add in three more factions to the mod (from what I've read of the max) anyway. Plus it seems fine for me to have more actual banners, just not the main coa, so if I combine them on factions I make non playable it'll only look odd on the diplomacy menu.

I think...

Dave Scarface;

I'm currently playing KGC 3.4 and it's a great mod. I feel
    it is the best mod out there esp. for playability.
    My questions are this: 1. If I upgrade to 3.6, can I play the Timruds?
    (by moving Wales to unlockable, then placing Timruds as playable
    in description strategy file - similar to Antioch, Ireland, Portugal, etc.)
    2. Can I use the old unit costs in 3.4 by just typing in the
    old costs in the export unit file in the data directory? I personally
    like using the better units.
    3. Are you using Xerxes A.I.?
    4. What triggers the Gunpowder event and how do you
    change the trigger up/down in timescale?

1. If I upgrade to 3.6, can I play the Timruds?
    (by moving Wales to unlockable, then placing Timruds as playable
    in description strategy file - similar to Antioch, Ireland, Portugal, etc.)
    No its not that simple to just move them to playable in the descr_strat.txt. It would require a lot of work to change them from a horde to a playable faction at the start.

2. Can I use the old unit costs in 3.4 by just typing in the
    old costs in the export unit file in the data directory? I personally
    like using the better units.
    Certainly, I know the higher upkeep costs were popular with some of you guys but I simply had to reduce them again. Because the AI was not able to upgrade its cities well enough because of upkeep costs.

3. Are you using Xerxes A.I.?
    At the moment KGCM does not come with XBAI, this is only because there is little to choose between xeryx's BAI and Lusteds. They are both very good, I've used Lusteds for a long time and just left it in the mod. XBAI is currently optional and is highly recommended.

4. What triggers the Gunpowder event and how do you
    change the trigger up/down in timescale?
    This is easy to change btw may I ask what you want to move it to? Look in kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign. And open the descr_events.txt. Just change the numbers in red below to this part.

event historic gunpowder_discovered
    date 90 95
    ;date 2 4
    movie event/gunpowder_invented.bik

Dave