Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

I'm running into an issue with this one, in that the launcher indicates I am not utilizing a valid Kingdoms disc. I have the Gold Edition, and didn't see anything mentioned about Gold being an issue with this one.

Any pointers on getting past this?

Is this mod compatible with 1.5 patch or needs kingdoms 1.4?

a steam friendly version would be appreciated

the Leper King's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by bebetu View Post
    Is this mod compatible with 1.5 patch or needs kingdoms 1.4?
    This mod needs Patch 1.5 to run properly. I think I tried it with just the 1.4 Patch and it turned out really buggy :/

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkitsdead View Post
    I'm running into an issue with this one, in that the launcher indicates I am not utilizing a valid Kingdoms disc. I have the Gold Edition, and didn't see anything mentioned about Gold being an issue with this one.

Any pointers on getting past this?
    First make sure you are using disk one of the Gold Edition Medieval Total war. Next, make sure you have the vanilla Medieval 2 Total War unpacked (and delete the 2 geographic files). Also, make sure to patch your game to the 1.5 version specifically for Gold edition (USA). You can find it here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_24606.shtml . Then make sure your KGCM 3.0 mod is directed to the M2TW mod folder, the KGCM 4.2 patch to the M2TW main folder, and finally the KGCM 4.3 patch to the KGCM mod folder. I also use the Gold Version of this game and it took some effort to get this mod working properly. Buts it worth it
    Hopefully thats works for you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Budkyns View Post
    Hi, my question is about the descr_projectile.txt files, which is attached on the bottom of KGCM FAQ.. I have not found anywhere, what change it brings..so what's changed?
    Originally, KGCM disabled flaming arrows for the archers in the game. That descr_projectile file you found on the FAQ is there for people that want the flaming arrows back in the game. If you want it, download the file, then copy and paste in the KGCM data folder. (You'll be asked to overwrite the existing file, so click yes when it pops up)

Quote Originally Posted by bieluxd View Post
    Why I can't burn heretic by my priest? If the only option to kill heretics is use assassin?
    Make sure you are using a Catholic Priest (not Orthodox). You also need a Priest with a good amount of piety otherwise the heretic will burn YOU lol. (actually your priest will just fail the fail the mission and/or convert to a heretic too)

Hello hopefully Dave or someone replies. Great mod love it. Its amazing. Though I thought 4.2 and 4.3 would let me start playing as the Aztec and the Mongols or Norway or Whales but when I try to play as the Aztecs I auto lose as for the Mongols it exits out of the game and Norway or Whales dont even show up. Installing was smooth but I am wondering if I missed a step or something or have to unpack something. Hopefully someone can answer my questions. Ive looked at dozens of replies but most dont pertain to this mod.

There are some things I want to ask since I didnt see them in the patches logs:
    _What are the changes of guild system?
    _What are the changes of diplomacy system?
    _Which factions have strong light or at least medium cavalry?
    _Does the Pope still as annoying as he was in the vanilla?

murvaidavid's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

3.0 wants to find my kingdoms.exe file. I don't have it. I have a perfectly legal Steam version of the game.
    I tried copying the medieval2.exe file and renaming it. During the installation the installer said it couldn't rename certain files so I just aborted.

What to do?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Try logging in as an administrator and trying again.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Attaching a small 40 kb torrent file to the main page for HHB is a must. Gamefront links are gamebackyard links, and my current internet speed at a hotell cannot download from Mega.
    Last edited by Dracula; December 13, 2016 at 02:21 AM.

Hello everyone! I have always been a fan of Total War, namely the Medieval 2 game. About four years ago I stumbled upon the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod and loved it. I am Welsh and loved the option of playing as Wales. I am astonished at the dedication and SKILL of the modders.

I haven't played the game for about 2.5 years or so due to life being too hectic. However I'd like to get back into it. I am however a bit rusty and would appreciate any help in giving me a heads up. What I understand is thus:

1) First I need to find my Disk of the game and the Kingdoms Disk (may have to buy a new one as the one I had was delivered scratched and always had difficulty loading the game because of it).
    2) I load the game from the disk and then load the Kingdoms disk.
    3) I then download the KGCM version 3.0 (or can i download Version 4.2 - if this is not the latest version please let me know)
    4) Then I can play the game?

5) If I decide to try the further development done in the "HBB" (further development of KGCM) I just download it then then I can play that?
    6) I can play as Wales in the HBB but need to change the folders to make Wales playable and make another faction not playable (I'll come to this when I've reached this point)

Could anyone take a quick look at the above and comment if I am on the right track?

Also the only other thing I want to ask is in regard Solely to the Wales faction. When I played KGCM some things were not 100% correct with Wales faction. I seem to recall slight references by characters or units as them being English for example. Has the HBB update sorted all this? Also, what else has the HBB update given/changed for tyhe Wales faction??

Thanks guys in advance.
    DWO

why i dowloaded sucess and can play grand campaign but a few faction lost banner on diplomacy ( teuton, jerusalem, antioch, ireland, norways)