Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

Bob the Insane's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

The King needs to spend a turn in his capital to get this...

Not having it has a negative effect on the loyalty of generals I beleive...

i think this rule of spending a turn in the capital does not apply to all factions. At least as TO, I get the headmaster title anywhere i have my faction leader

do i need to have the retrofit mod installed for this mod to work properly

Loha4's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael00 View Post
    do i need to have the retrofit mod installed for this mod to work properly
    No. I don't use retrofit and this mod works perfectly fine.

2 more questions if you dont mind
    1. will this work with the gold version
    2. if so will i need to activate the mod in a mod menu or will it always be active

About the loading problems, we've figured it out. You must save the game before a turn starts on the scroll that says what players turn it is.

Azrael00,

1. Providing you have the right patch for your Kingdoms gold version KGCM should work fine with this.
    2. Activate the mod from the desktop shortcut or in the start menu.

Dave

stupid question but can i get the link to 3.1 i cant find it >.<

All you need is 3.0 + 3.2.

Dave

okay i was thinkin that after but now that i kno for sure thanks!

I was just reading through this and methinks that some of the content needs updating.

Just wondering, Lithuania has the chance to become catholic playing KGCM or remain pagan?
    Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Am I right in thinking that titles can be transferred?

Because I have one general with five or six titles. So he can give some of them to other generals?

There doesn't seem to be a title for Exeter. Should there be a title for this region? Duke of Cornwall?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by CeltiberoMordred View Post
    Just wondering, Lithuania has the chance to become catholic playing KGCM or remain pagan?
    No, they remain pagan through the entire game. I am sure that this applies to the Mongols as well.

What's the ''No Garrison script'' mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Anmonaus View Post
    What's the ''No Garrison script'' mean?

The only way to explain this is to first say what the garrison script is. The garrison script gives the AI automatic reinforcements whenever a key city is seiged. This usually applies to their capital or another large, strategic city. When the AI or a human seiges this key city, the script automatically gives them a preset amount of reinforcements inside to the city to boost the garrison. This helps combat the stupid AI that would leave kkey cities like London or Venice or Paris undefended and thus make them easy targets. However, now, with the garrison script, the campaign becomes much harder since cities that should be well defended but usually aren't now will be. IMO it greatly improves gameplay. It also prevents factions from being wiped out within the first 100 turns.

So basically, no garrison script removes this feature, which is gives you a game much closer to vanilla and much easier to play.

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Hi @ all (sorry for bad english)

First thing @ Dave thanks for the best nearest possible vanilla-MTW2-kingdoms mixed mod!!! Hope you understand what i mean!?!

Second: i have some type of following errors in my log-file. Here only 3 examples:
    (1)->[script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5428, column 243
    unit(Knights Hospitaller) does not match up to the ownership for faction(norway)
    (2)->23:35:27.587 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5850, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to giltine_sanctuary (unavailable at level zero)
    (3)->data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Mongolen, wooden_castle -> town, temple_giltine_castle[0](c_giltine_altar) -> temple_giltine[0](giltine_altar)

what does they exactly mean?
    Last edited by Userpro; July 14, 2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: bad english

@userprobe,

Thank you for your report I appreciate it, those are indeed bugs from patch 3.2, but I'm glad to say that I already have them both fixed. The mongols were missing a temple building and Norway did not have ownership of Templar Knights and knights Hospitaller in the EDU. And yes I have kept my KGCM as close to Kingdoms (not vanilla) as possible. It is the grand campaign mod for Kingdoms, except for the absense of Wales of course.

Dave

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Dave- please it is possible that you can upload those fixes, for your 3.2 patch, earlier possible? Its hard to follow up on what is buggy in 3.2 ...

I will post this in the "Bug reports thread (Version 3.0)" Forum too. Think i am wrong here...
    Last edited by Userpro; July 14, 2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: bad english