Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Hi, this question has probably been asked a thousand time but is there any way to get this mod to -install- on a Steam version? I can't follow norsca's "guide" since his guide assumes that the mod is already installed but doesn't work. When I try to just install the mod it says it can't find a valid kingdoms installation. Some say it's because there is no kingdoms.exe and that I should create a dummy one, there is a kingdoms.exe. Some say I have to fix some stuff in the registry which I will try now but is there any other way to solve this problem? Once it's installed I'm hoping norsca's guide will make the mod run.

Install the alternative download: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183824
    It may take a few hours cause of the site it uses.
    Then install them to your mods folder for kingdoms, then once the mod is installed, rename one of the other campaigns you dislike. For me, I renamed 'Americas' to 'Americas real' and then renamed the KGC mod to 'americas'. Do this and launch the game, then choose americas or whatever campaign you chose to have replaced, and the game should work.

Is the strat map just Europe, or are the Americas included?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

americas partially included

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    americas partially included

Thank you. Of what's included, does it look like vanilla?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

It's the same as vanilla, however there are 5 settlements on the "Central America" place where the Aztecs are instead of the Vanilla 3, for a total of 8 New World settlements.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Also, the part of the map containing Europe, Africa, and Asia is much larger than in vanilla.

I'm getting this error when installed Kingdoms

how can you changed the religion of the mongols on kgcm from pagan back to islam?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

They're already Islam

(well, if you have version 4.2)

Ok, just a quick question (which has been probably asked a trillion times, but I haven't seen it in the FAQ).

Is there a way to play as the papal states (thereby making your leadership structure static)?

Also, for the very first time I have seen the Aztecs become aggressive in my last game. They actually went off their island and attacked Cuba. Unfortunately I was there and lost the city, but nonetheless it was very nice to see that. Is there a reason why they don't attack Spain?

Thanks,

FS

My submod has them agressive in there area they will capture all of the new world (and drive you out if your game enough to come to there lands LOL) they dont attack spain in spain due to the distance from there capital the Ai always looks at the distance and figures it to be to hard to maintain an attack at such distance

there are several ways to play the papal states the easiest without having to mod any files is to simple play a hotseat and when you start open the console by hitting the ~ key and typing
    control papal_states then typing control (whatever faction your playing) that way the Ai will take over your starting faction and you will control papal states.

I havent heard anymore on your problems can i assume then all is running well now??

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    My submod has them agressive in there area they will capture all of the new world (and drive you out if your game enough to come to there lands LOL) they dont attack spain in spain due to the distance from there capital the Ai always looks at the distance and figures it to be to hard to maintain an attack at such distance

there are several ways to play the papal states the easiest without having to mod any files is to simple play a hotseat and when you start open the console by hitting the ~ key and typing
    control papal_states then typing control (whatever faction your playing) that way the Ai will take over your starting faction and you will control papal states.

I havent heard anymore on your problems can i assume then all is running well now??
    SF,

Yes, surprisingly everything seems to be working well. One thing that I'm not doing anymore is moving my screen to the middle east. I know that doesn't make sense, but it would seem that not too long after that my system would crash (I'll be sure to let you know if there is another crash though).

That's an excellent idea on playing as the pope. The only thing I'm wondering, however, is what happens to me if my pope dies? Would the general assembly elect a new guy and do I get to be him?

Thanks,

FS

yes they still elect a new pope who will then be controlled by you

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    yes they still elect a new pope who will then be controlled by you
    That's so neat! I have to try this.

By the way. Do I need to close the box that opens up (the bat file in MS-DOS) in order to start the whole campaign process or can I leave that open during gameplay?

FS

P.S. Please let me know this ASAP. I'm dying to conquer the world with the Pope.
    Last edited by FleshyStarfish2; February 02, 2010 at 05:47 AM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

when the black powder come out(in turn?)
    I play about 125 turn as Portugal and begin tired wait for black powder

It is my first time play as Portugal so I a bit want gun unit
    don't blame me
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

@FleshyStarfish2,

The Papal States can easily be made playable in the Grand Campaign with no modding skills needed. All it takes is some simple editing of a text file Just look in Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder.

Open the descr_strat.txt and move papal states to playable and then put someone to unplayable, in this example below portugal. And don't forget to save the descr_strat.txt when your done.

campaign imperial_campaign
    playable
    papal states
    ;end
    ;unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
    portugal
    Dave

Koljan's Avatar Senator

note that when you take over or forfeit control over a faction, it's Kings purse stays at it's original figure. meaning a faction that starts AI will keep the king purse bonus if you change it to human controlled, and human controlled faction changed to AI will not gain said bonus, resulting in AI going into red.

Also, the growth boost for AI settlements is also uneffected by faction control changes in mid game.

What is the actual recommended method of installation for this, from scratch?

The 4.2 Thread says I need 3.0 first, and the 3.0 thread says I need 4.0 to play correctly, but points to 4.1... Sending me west, I'm afraid.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

3.0 and 4.2 is all. Try HHB submod too. Rocks!