Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM + HHB Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks man.

Just downloading this mod at work, ready to burn onto CDs to take back home!

Looking forward to trying it as I just got the kingdoms expansion today

Hi,

i am a newbie here in the TWC Center forum and downloaded this mod.

First i thanks for this great stuff!!!

My question is about the Teutonic Knight Faction, do the citys of the Teutonic Knights grow like the other factions citys or is there a limit like in the normal teutonic kampaign, where i must convert the citys to castles to expand them?

jk_bonn, only just started playing this mod myself but, if you check in a city's building browser you should be able to see the growth limit or at least the buildings you can construct at huge city level

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

how could I choose my faction heir?
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

@viet797- my understanding of the privy seal is as follows: You can not choose the immediate successor to the throne but rather the heir's heir. Once you get the privy seal(usually turn after heir becomes faction leader, or turn one at start of campaign) give it to who you would like to see follow the stated heir. There is a thread probably 4 or 5 pages back where this was thoroughly discussed entitled the Privy Seal.

Hello sirs, greeting from this part of the world

Not sure if this post should go to here or the mod feedback thread but I have questions so I guess I’m in the right thread

First time poster on this forum (on any forum actually, browsed a lot of forums on the net, never registered though) and I have no idea how to go on with this post so I would like to use earlier posts as a guide (hope you folks dont mind)

KGCM is just the second mod i ever downloaded for M2TW (1st was Yakaspat's/ Candelarius'/ Unspoken Knight too I think) and must say The Best mod I've played (Retrofit + GUAM was awesome already, cant believe KGCM would top it; would it make me a bad person if I said that this mod is.........a more refined/ detailed/ improved version of the Retrofit+GUAM mod, hoping I didnt offend anybody). Some of the other mods were too divergent from the core, felt like I was playing another game (dont mind complex/ complicated, its just that they were too different from the type of game that I was used to/ me being dense and not broadening my tastes). KGCM was just dead on on my goldilocks zone

that aside I have a couple of questions to ask the good people here (hope you dont mind)

- would the mod creator, Sir Dave Scarface, mind much if I "tweaked a bit" the EDB/ EDU/ DescrStart files (just to ease the transition a bit). Nothing too gamebreaking/ unbalancing (I think)

- through playtesting (using the TO faction) I noticed that the Arensburg region (island west of Riga/ Reval) was missing a port (lacked a title ancillary too me thinks). I looked at the descr.start file and saw the port line of buildings were not included, tried adding it manually but would just crash the app. Was this ommission intentional or was just ovelooked (tried searching the 4.1 and 4.2 patch/ tech support/ mod feedback threads and noticed that no one was even bringing it up, so Im taking it that it was intentional?)

- is the 4.2 patch download (486.58 MB)complete as it is, or is there a part 2 for it (just makin sure)

Thats it. I would like to say a big fat Thank You to the Man Dave Scarface (and to his team of modders; Im not sure if Sir Dave made this mod by himself but if he did that is awesome/insane) hats off to you (dont really have a hat though, would a cap do?, would it still mean the same?) your work (and sir Yakaspat's/ Candelarius'/ Unspoken Knight too) really stoked my fascination of the medieval ages (with my place being almost halfway across the map, the medieval age subject is not really that big here. Its not that Im a war junkie, its just that there is more to the medieval times than just constant conflict/ warfare/ bloodshed)

Hope that this post dont appear boorish/ half-assed, this is actually my 2nd post. I typed the 1st one earlier (well technically it doesnt count. Twas 15 paragraphs long, at least, filled with praises for the mod and the creator) but with me being me I didnt made a copy (imagine my anguish when I saw my long-ass post vanish after I was prompted to log in, cant believe I didnt check 1st) thats what I get for typing utter nonsense filled with utter rubbish and not checking

Welcome to the best TF. No two parts to 4.2. The rest of this will need to be addressed by others.

Wow. Someone actually took the time time to reply, TY sir (hope that reply was for me....is it?)

Just wanna know if my download got sour/ I messed up the files so bad that Arensburg actually lost it (did it ever had one?, I think in the TO campaign in the vanilla kingdoms had one me thinks)

Can anyone here confirm if the Arensburg region is really portless (intentional?) in their own game/ saves, maybe its just karma for messing up the mod files...

You can edit your own files for your own pleasure. If you want to release your changes as a submod however, you will need to ask dave's permissions. He's good with submods though. There is also only one download for 4.2. All you need in KGCM 3.0 then install the 4.2 patch on top of that. About the Arensburg port, I have never noticed it myself. Can someone verify that this is a bug?

Can I install this mod next to others mods? (Does it create its own file in the mod file?)

I'm currently running Hundred years war mod and dont want to break off that campaign.

Yes and yes.

If I use this mod, will i still be able to play both the vanilla versions of the game (kingdoms and total war)

Also, are there any known problems installing or playing the game under the gold edition of the game?

Anyway, I've tried to get this, but the first mod that i need kept popping up saying that the file was not found, what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by BBUUBBBBLLEESS; November 10, 2009 at 02:43 PM.
    I never was very good with names....

Oh, and HELLO to all the people out there that know me as BBUUBBBBLLEESS

Hey! While your reading this, you could have been reading this page instead!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=310218

Yes to the first and I don't know to the second.

Quote Originally Posted by BBUUBBBBLLEESS View Post
    Also, are there any known problems installing or playing the game under the gold edition of the game?

Anyway, I've tried to get this, but the first mod that i need kept popping up saying that the file was not found, what am I doing wrong?
    KGCM will work with the gold edition of the game, however it is of the upmost importance that you have the correct patch "Gold patch for Kingdoms" installed. Otherwise the installation will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    KGCM will work with the gold edition of the game, however it is of the upmost importance that you have the correct patch "Gold patch for Kingdoms" installed. Otherwise the installation will fail.
    Ahh, thanks

I've had it a while now (but I've never installed any patches for Kingdoms or anything like that) and i must admit, I'm glad you made it. Its brilliant
    I never was very good with names....

Oh, and HELLO to all the people out there that know me as BBUUBBBBLLEESS

Hey! While your reading this, you could have been reading this page instead!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=310218

hello,

does KGCM feature graphic improvements? (new skins and such)

cheers!

No...but there are some excellent submods which work on visual improvement. The map is much cooler, bigger, and better looking than vanilla. But all that fluff aside...it is the best mod around for those who liked vanilla but wanted it to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    No...but there are some excellent submods which work on visual improvement.
    ok, gonna search the forums (already found some)

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    The map is much cooler, bigger, and better looking than vanilla. But all that fluff aside...it is the best mod around for those who liked vanilla but wanted it to be better.
    are siege battles improved? does the AI do more than regrouping all of its units inside the flagged square and wait?

Siege AI mans the walls some times. Seems to start in square a lot and then move to walls as you do. Rock this mod man...I am telling you.