• Lucius Claudius Caesar

3 37.50%
  • Marcus Porcius Catō Uticensis

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consular Elections

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default Consular Elections

Since there are few candidates for the other offices,I have decided to break down the elections into Consular(today) and Magistrate(tomorrow) elections;Whomever wants to run for an office other than Consul's,declare your candidacy until tomorrow;

Anyone under 50 posts?pm me your votes and I will post them here
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Consular Elections!

are we allowed to compaign here?
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Yeah,go on!

Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis

I have served the Republic well and the people well in my time as tribune of Plebs. While i have nothing bad to say about my oppenant as is he an honorable man, His party is not.

It is the Strong hand that has guided little Rome to a mighty republic that owns all of italy! It is the Optimate hand! not the populares who press for peace even when the people are suffering and romans are dieing! Not the populares who say they help the people when some of them press for lower taxes to make their purses a little bit bigger!
    NOT the populares when they put no motion to give the people land when it is the good men of the optimates who are helping the people in their daily lives!

Do what is right for the people and rome by electing my Cato the Younger as Senior consvl and together we will make the world know our name and shiver when it is said!

*The people Cheer and chant Optimus!*

Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis for Senior Consvl!

Last edited by 68 Powers; January 03, 2008 at 12:25 PM.

Wait. Don't we need two consuls instead of just one? This should be a multiple choice poll.

ooc: Augsburg Peace post (1555th).
    Last edited by Marie Louise von Preussen; January 03, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

well its just a fight for senior Consvl.

ooc:This is to sort out the senior and junior Consul;Thus far a tie...

Citizens of Rome!
    These are the words of Lucius Claudius Caesar,candidate of the Populares party for this year's Consular elections;

"Citizens,I am Claudius Caesar;Many of you know first hand what the Populares stand for;We want peace,justice and prosperity for the most deserving.We want our brave soldiers at home,safeguarding our fields rather than abroad fighting to expand the Republic.Cause I ask you;Who will profit from the new lands?Is it the Plebeians?No,not the Plebeians;You hardworking people will see no good of expansion.Then,is it the soldiers?No,not really;Our brave men will fight until they have driven away the enemy,they will feast for the victory but once again the legionaries will be left without lands,only some money that will end soon enough.Then who will profit,you ask?The rich - the ones that claim that they defend and guide Rome to greatness.Perhaps by greatness they mean the acres their families hold.

Citizens of Rome,make no mistake;You are in a fools errant if you believe the deceptive lies of the fine noblemen;They say we try to limit taxation to get rich - I ask you,aren't you happy with lower taxes?They claim that we have never help the mis fortunate classes.I ask you,aren't you happy that near 1000 deserving families will soon have land and respect on Rome's newest additions?They claim they are Rome;Rome is yours,citizens,not theirs!
    Do you think that there is even a Patrician who would sacrifice willingly some of his lands or rights or privileges or money for the common people?Do you think that the Optimates really care for you?

So then,what must we do?

Vote for those that feel sympathetic for your daily lives,not those that fool you behind your back!For for those that can change something to the better!Citizens,vote for the reasonable - those that treat soldiers and citizens alike as Romans!Not as pawns in a game of checkers!I plea to you,citizens of the Republic;Vote for the Friends of the People!Vote for the Populares!"
    ooc;Is it too red?

*Cato the Younger interuptes*

And where are the motions to help the people? My father a Patrician helped the people and was shot down ever chance he spoke.

Decimus gives his daughter money to buy tons a bread and she feed the ones who have nothing!

Lowering taxes would do nothing for those unfortunate and poor souls that live in rome and beg for food! with me as consvl all the poor who have nothing to pay taxes for would.. no. WILL get land in Croton and Tarentum and the legionares are given what they deserve for their servies a big bag of money and landi nthe provences they conquered.

Dont listen to the empty promises we the optiamtes ahve to hear everyday in the senate hall from these listen to us who have proven what we have done, Did they press against Pyhruss? NO! did they pres to conquer croton? *The Crowed shouts NO!

Optimates help the people more than the party who stands for the people!

People of Rome!

Don't listen to the Populist demagoguery of the Popular candidate! They don't wish the best for the people, because they're controlled by Plebeians who have betrayed the Plebs, and the whole cause for the people, the Plebeian Nobilitas! One that only remembers their old bonds with the commoners when they need votes, such as in this occasion. Listen to reason, people! We, the Optimates, while in office, have saved Rome from the wrath of the tyrant Pyrrhus, and the Consul who commanded our brave armies on the field is now an Optimate, because he knows how to choose. But look, Senators and Commoners alike! What has Lepidus done? He stood in his chair, recommending peace; peace in such a critical moment, when Pyrrhus, the Calabrians, Croton, all were threatening our borders, the Ager Publicus and the Roman people! And when he wasn't talking about wielding flowers, he was there, sitting on his chair, threatening to veto all of our much needed actions undertaken by our hard-working Consul Sabinus!

Don't take these men seriously, Romans, Senators! They claim they fight for the people, but they do fight only for their purses. They prefer peace, because it's easier to just stand on their fields, rather than conquer new lands for the people and crush all threats in our borders. They prefer lower taxes, because they regard their purses above the Common good, which is the common treasury. Only the very rich want lower taxes, because with lower taxes they can buy their extra acres of land in conquered territory, land that only the commoners deserve!

And I ask you, the Plebs, do you feel the difference? I ask you, beggars of Rome: Do you feel the difference? No, because our system was fair, and allowed public services to work for the poor. It allowed those without money to have what they couldn't possibly buy from their pockets alone even without taxes. It allowed to those that don't pay taxes because they nothing have the right to use public services that every Roman, Plebeian or Patrician, deserves. But now, that the money from taxes is in the purses of the rich ladies of the Plebeian Nobilitas, this will not be possible any longer. Look, what the Populares are trying to do!

The Populares don't serve the people. They're truly nothing but manipulators, trying to deceive you into voting and giving your support to their efforts, so they can later stab you on your backs! Without our plans of expansion, we would be without the fine lands to be distributed among Romans. We would still retain our old and crowded borders. We would not have any legions to defend them!

Rome was not built by demagogues with vain words and no actions! Rome was built by our honorable ancestors, who had an ideal, and who paid with their blood for their ideal. They had a dream of greatness beyond the idea of a small city surrounded by hostile people; they had a dream of peace and prosperity under the rule of Rome! What a honorable proposition. But they paid with their blood, so I ask you to remember: Rome did not conquer all the lands she has now for safety and freedom because it was easy, but because it was hard. But it did give us a lot more rewards, more than we could ever have by hiding our faces behind the walls of the Urbs Aeterna!

Last edited by Marie Louise von Preussen; January 03, 2008 at 01:34 PM.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Winter's Avatar Civitate

My optimate colleague claims that we do not serve the people. This is a baldfaced lie! We yearn and strain against the tide of elitist propaganda, against the whirling Optimate political machine to fight for the Plebeian masses, but there is only so much we can do. We have been broken down as a party to the bare bones of a functioning force. We cannot hold on without your help. Vote Populares. Secure your freedom, your rights with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Where are the motion and agruments for the people? if i recall from my grandfather he spoke out for the people with little populare help.
    You all just sat got drunk disgraced yourselves and watched.. And you say you care.

You and your party are a "Baldface lie"
    The Plebians need the good men of roma who keep their word and who have actully done something for roma to lead them!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I have put forth motions concerning the improvement of agriculture. Caesar put forth motions detailing the Pax Romana, etc. We have consistently opposed war in any form not justly supported. Our motions are forgotten because they are picked to pieces and destroyed by you optimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    My optimate colleague claims that we do not serve the people. This is a baldfaced lie! We yearn and strain against the tide of elitist propaganda, against the whirling Optimate political machine to fight for the Plebeian masses, but there is only so much we can do. We have been broken down as a party to the bare bones of a functioning force. We cannot hold on without your help. Vote Populares. Secure your freedom, your rights with us!
    Broken down, eh? Must be that drunken fight between the factions of the Plebeian Nobilitas, over what was the best way plunder Rome!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I have put forth motions concerning the improvement of agriculture. Caesar put forth motions detailing the Pax Romana, etc. We have consistently opposed war in any form not justly supported. Our motions are forgotten because they are picked to pieces and destroyed by you optimates.
    The motions for agriculture, I never said I wouldn't support them without conditions, because they would be too expensive in a time when a tyrant was at the gates of Rome. But I did well my job as Quaestor, Sabinus saved Rome facing bad odds, and wasn't for our actions Rome wouldn't have enough legions, just the "Populares" legion, so few men, that they would be crushed. I remember good old Censor Constantinus making a deal, a deal that gave us enough to defeat Pyrrhus, and a deal thought by an Optimate. May the Gods make him rest in peace!

they were picked to peices because of the fact you just put out a motion to have a motion on the floor so you can say you tried to help the plebians..

and if it wasent for war you wouldent be here right now going against what us noble optimates have saved roma from.
    War saved Roma as it always has for hundreds of years.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Consular Elections

- 1 cato until we figure out if rusina is joining

I am of no party, but i have seen Cato speak loudly on several occasions about war. Actions speak louder then words I wish to see how he compares to his words.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

thank you honorable senator. your vote is much appreciated

Elections are over!

Senior Consul Rei Publicae
    Marcvs Porcivs Cato Vticensis

Junior Consul Rei Publicae
    Lvcivs Claudivs Caesar

Congratulations Cato!Your term may now begin!

Thanks! I loved that tyring to elected it was not an easy battle haha.
    Thanks for putting up resistence! it was fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast