Thread: Battle of Mohacs

Baltizar's Avatar Civis

Default Battle of Mohacs

Hi Guys, have any of you seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KiCZDq_C4 it is truly epic. I have never seen so many troops in a single battle. I wonder how the film maker was able to do it. They certainly used more than the 20 unit limit plus there must have been at least 300 to 600 men in some of those units. Does anyone know how they did it?

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Battle of Mohacs

I very much doubt they have had over 250 men in an unit or 20 units in a stack unless they have modified .exe file or what they are.

What I think they have done is that they have recorded many differend battles, such as the scene with massive army of horses, and cut those scenes so that the video looks connected. For the panoramic views over the battlefield they could have used video editing by cutting and pasting units here and there to archieve the sense of massive battle, but considering the camera rotations and movements it would have surely taken quite a lot of time! Also I think they have fought the battles in multiplayer mode coordinating their army movements so they look and act like a single one.

And agreed, brilliant video!

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

Default Re: Battle of Mohacs

Epic indeed! But where did the riderless horses, camel baggage trains, standard bearers, and dead riders with arrows come from. I know the video makers used a mod(I think it's Magyars)but are these part of the mod?