Thread: early era is fun except...

Default early era is fun except...

around turn 100 i just dominate the map..... :/ and if i give enemy back their cities ill go into huge amount of debt with buildings costing 15k florin each ....meh how can i get to late game when the only people left can get crushed in 1-2 turns which is boring (playin ss)

Default Re: early era is fun except...

Turtle. Christ, can't you simply think of it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    Turtle. Christ, can't you simply think of it yourself?

turtle??last time i did that i went in debt because i couldnt retrain units that got attacked. or even upgrade my cities for10-20 turns -_-

also no need for random attitude bro people come here to talk about how to keep this game exciting and fun if you dont like it ignore the damn thread

Try using difficulty-increasing settings like BGR that increase the difficulty level so you don't dominate all the other factions.

Also, I'd just play late era. I think late era is more interesting. In the early era, you fight rebels using spear militia. In the late era, you fight factions using professional units.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    Try using difficulty-increasing settings like BGR that increase the difficulty level so you don't dominate all the other factions.

Also, I'd just play late era. I think late era is more interesting. In the early era, you fight rebels using spear militia. In the late era, you fight factions using professional units.
    Only in the beginning of the campaign.

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

This is M2TW general discussion, not SS subforum. You, guys, should specify so users who don't know about SS don't get confused.
    Īnfrānt nu eşti atunci cānd sāngeri,
    nici ochii cānd īn lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele īnfrāngeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

I agree with tudor. And what is so difficult about turtling, simply don't expand, at all, until some later on date.

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Turtling would indeed be the way to go if you want to get to the late era without wiping out 90% of the other factions.
    My preferred method is to simply use as little troops as possible and making only a single or two field armies for invasions, and then use those troops for as long as possible. That way, you ensure that your expansions will be slower, especially when your army suffers casualties and has to pause their conquest for some 4-6 turns for retraining.

Another way of doing it would be by simply establishing clear-cut borders, and focus all of your military expansion in the slowest direction - For example, if you play as Spain, focus entirely on trying to conquer your way to the remote Arguin.

Or you could just conquer enough land to ensure economic well-being, and then stop and just focus on fortifying your borders. This is best done with factions that have easy access to geographically isolated areas, such as Denmark (Scandinavia), England/Scotland (Britannia), Spain/Portugal/Moors (Iberia) or Egypt (Nile valley + Gaza).
    After that early expansion, you just sit back, develop your home region in peace, and watch as the other factions go nuts on each other (I“m not kidding, leaving all the european factions alone to do what they want will procure some pretty unusual expansion patterns - I recently saw Hungary expand almost all the way from the Black sea to the Atlantic!)
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!