Thread: Increasing starting money

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Default Increasing starting money

I have a hard time playing the sythians and thought maybe if the starting money is increased I can make them happy and not be put into the minuses in the 2nd turn. How do I change the starting money for sythia. Please help

Default Re: Increasing starting money

Download my 1 trait quickfix mod on the mods downloads. Assign your governors the "Sane" trait and your money problems will be solved and all settlements with "Sane" trait governors will have happyness bonus too. Beware you'll have so much money that you'll probably have to give the enemy some! Your settlements will grow rapidly also. You can give this trait to your generals too to make them Ultra. That's if your into using small cheats. Good luck. This will work only on characters that have no surname to disable surnames see my overide name cheat. If you just want to add starting money follow path data\world\maps\campaign\imperial campaign open descr_strat text file scroll down until you find scythia and edit the denari line to the amout that you wish to start with.

Do i go to xgm xgmd or norml rtw.? Because when I go to xgmd it says barbarian invasion when i click campaign also could you give me a link to your quickfix mod

Normal rtw if playing classic rtw, xgm if playing xgm etc. descr_strat file will be present in normal and in xgm depends on which you choose, my mod is for normal rtw, but can be used with any other mod.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

There's really nothing wrong with the starting money, if you manage it right, you'll be already going uphill in the fourth turn - nomads don't have that much money you know...

In my Parthian Campaign my treasury become -300 in 2. turn, but I did manage it to rise to 10 K in turn 8.

Just capture any city and kill all, afte taking 2-3 cities my income become steady.

But I cant build any troops to take cities which is a problem I go into -900 on the third turn. Where could I attack because cheating was always the last thing on my mind but I have always liked scythia.

And lorenzo how does your mod work? when I click download a screen appears with traits on it but how does that work.
    Last edited by Krieglord; January 01, 2008 at 01:51 PM.

In the export_descr traits text page which you downloaded search for the Sane trait look at the numerical values and all the character benefits that this trait will bestow on your generals and governors. Back your original export_descr trait text, and sub it with mine launch rome. Your money will grow exponentially, happiness is guaranteed as long as your general is in a city as a governor, your movement points for your armies are greatly increased, army command is guaranteed , few very few men will flee a battle, just to mention a few perks. As for cheating, I always beat any game in it's most hardest difficulty, then I commence to explore cheats to turn it inside out. Otherwise what would be the most logical explanation for their existance to any good gamer. Of course good gamers don't need to cheat, cheating is simply done to add a little more fun to the game once you have beaten it.

I remember once being at a massive loss, I was at -56,000 $ in the middle of a campaign, I forgot which faction I was never the less I bounced back in a couple of turns and stood strong 79,000- 65,000 denari until I finished. Learned a lot on amry management, trade, trade, trade and making the right alliances. Also knowing which cities to take initially is very important on strategic mapping as funding for your next movements depend on this. It's pretty normal to start off a little shaky, plan your moves carefully and don't hesitate to long in executing them. Don't go crazy building huge huge armies especially if there is no immediate need for them. Focus on building more your cities through trade as you slowly build your army. Scythia's missle cavalry is second to none, once you get your hands on these units battles should be more manageable. Emeny infantry do not fair to well under heavy missle fire exploit their missle cavalry, use your infantry axemen as your second tactical assault troops along with sarmatian cavalry as back up for a good 1-2 combo as you systematically wear the enemy down. After all sarmatians were trully masters of the horse as well as the bow!!
    Last edited by Lorenzo Maximus; January 01, 2008 at 08:19 PM.

It seems though that disbanding most of my starting troops and focusing on buildings still puts me in the minuses.

It's really important to know what you're doing - one way is to disband all unnecessary units until you have a strong enough economy to handle the expensive troops. I suggest moving your capital in the very beginning to a more suitable place that allows VH taxes everywhere.
    Make sure you spend all the money you get in the beginning in building stuff into your cities. Usually the best start is:
    - Trade/Happiness/War shrines, depending on how you use the settlements
    - Dirt Roads/Trader
    - Land Clearance/Port
    - Blacksmith/Next Barracks

And then you repeat the cycle again.

I might have to remind you that XGM - Diadochi is meant to be hard, because some of us have become a little bit too good in this game.
    If you are finding it very hard or even impossible, then don't blame the game, I personally test each faction and modify things as needed and never release a patch if a faction is "too hard to play with".
    So yeah, you'll have to try hard to polish your RTW skills
    This is the only mod that is hard enough to provide me with the necessary fun factor.

I know I dont blame the game or the moderators well you but I guess im just a bit confused with scythia.

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

I had similar choice (I am certain it isnt in my case only) playing as Epiros: either to disband good army to get positive economy or going to minus but able to conquer more cities (in my case I annexed whole Rome with that army though it was quite close). That time I had economy positive withouth any problem. Scythia is at least far away from attacks in comparison to Epiros so its up to you what to do - conquer or disband. I would leave for mysel just missile cavalry at the begining.
    NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM!
    Those words were on lips of Templars when charging,
    M2TW DarthMod Team member - tester (Imperial Snowtrooper)

Last night , I tried Sycathia.

At the very first turn, raised taxes to very high in all cities and queued road building for all cities. Then, immediatey attacked the independent greek city at the south of Crimea. Garnison sallied and I defeated them and entered cith and execute them all than gave me 1750 denarii and now I had more then 4000 denarii.

However, there was high amount of unrest in city eventhough I decrease the taxes to low level. Clicked turn (means 3. turn) city started riot and killed some of my soldiers. I had 2000 denarii and finished it to build some ports and trader. and clicked turn and (4. turn) City rebelled to Greek City States with even larger garnison in it and my cash decreased to -1700...

What I think is; HA upkeep is too much( 360 ), since they are cavalry civilization they should recruit cheap cavalry than other factions (Parthia as well)

I recommend disbanding some units and try building up your economy - remember, conquering settlements from another culture can be really hard, so I suggest using your faction leader to conquer the settlement and at least one more general. You'll also have to quickly build temples that pump up the public order.

Like I said, it's not easy to conquer new lands, but it's possible and even easy if you know exactly what to do.
    I'll try making some changes to Scythia, but it will still be hard to play with them. Some easy-to-conquer settlements would be nice too..