Thread: Short Stories

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

There have been several short stories written by members now and I think that perhaps its time that they were put into their own forum. There are some really quite good ones and the guys obviously put a lot of time and effort into writing them.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

If we're talking about the same thread, it's more cobbling together random paragraphs by rearranging bits of other books you've read than writing short stories. And it's stayed pretty self-contained so far. A whole forum section for writing is unnecessary and won't have much activity.

I'll back a pin, though.
    "Jamf was only a fiction, to help him explain what he felt so terribly, so immediately in his genitals for those rockets each time exploding in the sky... to help him deny what the could not possibly admit: that he might be in love, in sexual love, with his, and his race's, death." - Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Join my Dark Throne army!
    Proudly patronizing Nihil

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

good point. didn't think of a pin **stupid me smiley**. Pin is better
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

I agree, apin should do for now, but I'm a bit confused as to why this was brought up in the curia instead of the feedback section? Hell, a PM to a member of staff would have sufficed :p
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture