Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Default Re: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

Lusted is busy. But i will be able to help, what is in your mod so i can help
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Hey guys I started a campaign as HRE, I extracted both RAR'S to the data folder and they are there. My shortcut target path for medieval 2 total war looks like this:
    "D:\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.exe" --io.file_first

along with changing the ai label for turks, egypt, moors to islam rather than default.

But as HRE on vh/vh first venice attacks me, then hungary, then byzantium, then milan, then denmark, then sicily, then england, then france. Venice didn't even want ceasefire after i took venice, zagred, ragusa, hungary doesn't want ceasefire after I took budapest, bran, and another city from them. Denmark didn't want ceasefire after I took hamburg, aarhus, stockholm. Milan keeps beating their units to my walls and dying. I offered ceasefires to france who attacked me early on they released my prisoners I released theirs on some wars etc etc. But my reputation is very untrustworthy since I started executing and did exterminate on the capitals of my enemies. My point is I never did execute/exterminate first war with venice, hungary, denmark and milan. Still more enemies kept attacking me and my relationships kept dropping for no reason. Something is wrong can anyone tell me what I did wrong? The ai diplomacy is not working, I mean hell I even gave byzantium iraklion that I took from venice and constantinople they wouldn't even accept alliance with me. Sure they attacked me twice lost their faction leader but cmon I got constantinople back to them from a crusade AND gave them iraklion and all it did was change relationship from "terrible" to "very poor".

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Hartassen View Post
    Hey guys I started a campaign as HRE, I extracted both RAR'S to the data folder and they are there. My shortcut target path for medieval 2 total war looks like this:
    "D:\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.exe" --io.file_first

along with changing the ai label for turks, egypt, moors to islam rather than default.

But as HRE on vh/vh first venice attacks me, then hungary, then byzantium, then milan, then denmark, then sicily, then england, then france. Venice didn't even want ceasefire after i took venice, zagred, ragusa, hungary doesn't want ceasefire after I took budapest, bran, and another city from them. Denmark didn't want ceasefire after I took hamburg, aarhus, stockholm. Milan keeps beating their units to my walls and dying. I offered ceasefires to france who attacked me early on they released my prisoners I released theirs on some wars etc etc. But my reputation is very untrustworthy since I started executing and did exterminate on the capitals of my enemies. My point is I never did execute/exterminate first war with venice, hungary, denmark and milan. Still more enemies kept attacking me and my relationships kept dropping for no reason. Something is wrong can anyone tell me what I did wrong? The ai diplomacy is not working, I mean hell I even gave byzantium iraklion that I took from venice and constantinople they wouldn't even accept alliance with me. Sure they attacked me twice lost their faction leader but cmon I got constantinople back to them from a crusade AND gave them iraklion and all it did was change relationship from "terrible" to "very poor".
    They didn't want peace becuase you were at war with so many people they still had a chance. Its hard to make alliance etc to make it more realistic and harder
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Nvm, I got it all to work, I even figured out how to change back the colors to vanilla so HRE color isn't bugged

so if i want to use this cai then i just copy over the data to my retrofit data folder? Nothing more?
    seen somewhere that you shall change some ai settings to

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

You need to be careful to copy all the needed files.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Sorry to necro. Something about how your global reputation is affected was mentioned.

Do we know exactly what affects your global reputation now and by how much?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Sorry if I miss the point by only reading the last post:

Effects on global 'reputation' (the game calls it 'global standing' or 'gs') are scripted in descr_faction_standings.txt. So you can look in that file to get an idea of the current situation. If you wanted to understand the change that the mod makes you would compare the file with vanilla's.

Hope that helps

That helps thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik347 View Post
    Sorry to necro.

Do we know exactly what affects your global reputation now and by how much?
    It's not necro if it's sticky.

Just a note: Global reputation goes down the drain if you attack a region you have gifted to someone. THis seems to be the most important infraction.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Well my Global reputation has gone down the drain anyway...

The Pope called a Crusade against me (Moors) because I retaliated against a Sicilian attack by retaking my province and taking one of theirs to return the favour.

Since then my global reputation has gone down the pan despite releasing prisoners and no one will accept a ceasefire as they are all "Very Demanding"... Now I'm stuck with 12 wars... Well 11 because I have destroyed Portugal.

So as Peaceful negotiations and trade can not be accomplished I have had to resort to a full scale invasion of Mediterranean Europe and am marching toward Rome with the soul aim to burn it to the ground.

Good job Pope... Good job. God forgives - I don't.

Yeah, wars can be hard on global reputation. 11 wars? well, that's a hefty penalty per turn tou your global rep.

Just a post to see if the forum is working again, couldn't download the attachments from the OP or reply to the thread yesterday.

Delete this post if you want

Not new to TW, but new to MTW. I am planning on starting the game using the Ultimate Retrofit mod but I want to use these AI files, too. Would I put them in the same location that I install the Ultimate Retrofit files? I've actually never played any mods in games before so I'm not really sure how the whole process works, and am quite open to suggestions to get the most out of my medieval experience without screwing everything up!

EDIT: I overwrote the Ultimate Retrofit files with these AI files but it causes the game to crash. Is there a way to include these files in other mods without having crashes?
    Last edited by JGeorge; September 27, 2010 at 07:12 PM.

Yes, there is. People have done it. You just have to copy SPECIFIC files for the CAI and BAI to work, not everything. Now... I don't remember which ones.

Thanks for confirmation that it can be done, alhoon. Now if I can just figure out which files to take from the CAI and BAI that won't screw up the rest of the game I will be good to go!

How do i install this? I'm using mod.

Does this mod still work (2013 Medieval II : Total War [no kingdom ********]?)

Also, if I only have M2:TW original no mods, and I only put the RAR in Data folder and don't touch the "Target" will that affect the mod? Because I am on windows 7 and there is no "target" when I right click properties, just URL and shortcut key .

thanks for your quick responses if there are any, i know this thread must be old as hell, sorry for the inconvenience

This mod is IIRC for kingdoms.

okay i just bought kingdoms, now does the above apply ? I haven't tested it but ill let you know.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast