Thread: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

Default Re: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

Hi at all!

Can I use CAI and BAI with retrofi mod?

Please say me: "YES YOU CAN"

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes YOU CAN.
    I think....you can,this files are universal,don't have any connection with any particular definition of each mod.

PS:I don't understand what i wrote.But you can use the files.Are the best battle AI ,in the moment.

-So, is Lusted's Battle AI and Campaign AI mod (the version present on this thread) compatible with M2TW without Kingdoms (patch 1.2)? Or I need to patch my vanilla M2TW to 1.3 first? Or in the end is Lusted's Battle AI and Campaign AI really only compatible with Kingdoms?

Obviously I tried to find this info using the search tool but believe me, isnīt easy to have sure about M2TW mods after the release of patch 1.3 and Kingdowns! Is really a bit confuse for the new guys.

In the end if this mod isnīt compatible with my installation (M2TW vanilla patch1.2 - I donīt have Kingdoms) can you point to me some good compatible AI mods?
    Just to make this clear to everyone you do not need to own Kingdoms to use Lusteds CAI and BAI. Just unpack your M2TW and place all of the files from the Battle AI.zip and Campaign AI.zip into your data folder. Thats it guys!

best regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Hi Lusted....with using the Campaign AI with the Britannia Campaign for my mod; which AI's would you substitute for (england, wales, barons_alliance)

Also am I correct that only the campaign script and the descr_strat needs these labels changed?
    I, too, would love to know the answer to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    Yes YOU CAN.
    I think....you can,this files are universal,don't have any connection with any particular definition of each mod.

PS:I don't understand what i wrote.But you can use the files.Are the best battle AI ,in the moment.

Thx!

And now someone can say my plz how can install this mod?

Its all written here

Quote Originally Posted by traxx91 View Post
    Its all written here
    Thx! But i wont to install only CAI and BAI on Retrofit.

I don' wont install LtC.Maby leater....

I've spent several hours trying to find a mod to improve the AI in M2TW. After a lot of research, this one looks like my best bet, I think.

However, I've read this thread (a few times) and some/all of the related thread (the one dealing with Lands to Conquer: Gold), and the way to properly install and use this mod doesn't seem totally clear. And neither the BAI or CAI files I downloaded seem to contain a readme.txt or any sort of installation instructions.

So, I'd like to ask some questions that come to my mind from reading the thread as it exists thus far, which will hopefully help myself and others who come along who aren't familiar with installing mods in general, or this one in particular:

1. I would like to second/third the request for more information about "increasing the movement points of name characters and generals in descr_character.txt as it helps the AI out." I'm assuming from what you say that in a file called descr_character.txt there are 2 entries, one called something like "name characters" and another called "generals" (or something else like that) with a value you can change to increase movement points, but there's no mention of what you recommend these values be changed to.

2. I think I'm seeing two different versions of installation instructions here. One person says that all you have to do to install this mod is to extract and copy the downloaded files to your data folder.

However, the mod author says:

"...If you are using it with just Medieval II Total War, place the files in the Medieval II - Total War\data folder, and then right click your Medieval II Total War shortcut on your desktop, go to properties and change the target line so it looks like this(the drive may vary on your shortcut):

"C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Medieval2.exe" --io.file_first

Then simply run the game using the desktop shortcut any you'll be playing Medieval II with my AI mod. Also make sure you make the changes to descr_strat.txt(located in Medieval II - Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign)"

...Which of these is correct? I mean, two people say to just copy the files to the data folder, which is a far cry from the above directions (unless I'm just not understanding something).

...Furthermore, if the above directions are the correct ones, do you have to modify the target line for the shortcut for each different campaign you want to use this mod with, if you're playing one of the Kingdom's expansion campaigns? I mean, to use this mod for both say, the Britannia and the Americas campaigns, do I modify both shortcuts like that?

I hope I'm not forgetting anything, and I think I am...But oh well.

As a newbie to modding, I just find myself a little confused about these things. Thanks for the help and clarification.

I just took a shot at installing this mod, and I was hoping someone could tell me if I did it correctly or not.

I'm not sure what version number I have, but I'm running the versions of the original game and of kingdoms that come in the gold edition box. And I tried applying both official patches as I wasn't sure what version(s) I had, and they both said they were already installed or whatever.

From the wording used in previous posts, I was under the impression that copying the contents of the BAI and CAI files to the data folder results in other files being overwritten-that the files being copied ALREADY exist in the data folder, and the files in the mod are modified versions of those files which are meant to replace the originals.

Anyway, there were no "loose" files in my data folder-just a bunch of subdirectories. The files included in the mod do not exist in any form in my default installation, as I performed a search in my M2TW folder for them which came up empty.

I'm just mentioning that because it sounds abnormal from the instructions I read.

That being said, I copied the contents of the BAI and CAI files to my data folder as instructed.

I then unchecked the "read only" box for descr_strat.txt and set the ai_label for egypt, the turks, and the moors to "islam".

Lastly, I right-clicked on the Total War 2 shortcut on the desktop, and changed the path displayed in the "target" field from blah\blah\blah\Launcher.exe (or whatever it is originally) to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Medieval2.exe" --io.file_first.

So at this point, I'm assuming that my installation is properly configured to use the modified AI files with the original grand campaign. Am I correct in this assumption?

I'm also assuming that my installation is NOT currently configured to use the modified AI with the kingdom's campaigns (crusades, americas, etc).

I'm assuming-and not just for the sake of using the word "assume" and it's various forms repeatedly-that in order to use the modified AI with the other campaigns, I'll want to copy the CAI and BAI files to THEIR respective data folders (to the americas data folder, the brittania data folder, etc. all individually), and add the "--io.file_first" line in the "target" field in the shortcut properties for each and every different campaign I want to use the modified AI with. I further assume that I do NOT want to edit the
    "descr_strat.txt" file for the other campaigns, as some of them do not even include islamic factions at all.

Do I have that all right?

Well, I'm gonna go try it out. I'm just looking for some kind of confirmation because I don't want to have to reinstall the game due to screwing something up, get a ways into a campaign just to have all my time wasted due to some massive bugs, or go through it thinking it's using the modified AI when it isn't. Thank you.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I'm just mentioning that because it sounds abnormal from the instructions I read.
    No that's fine, you have to run the unpacker to get acces to those files normally, but it's unecessary to install the AI mod.

So at this point, I'm assuming that my installation is properly configured to use the modified AI files with the original grand campaign. Am I correct in this assumption?

I'm also assuming that my installation is NOT currently configured to use the modified AI with the kingdom's campaigns (crusades, americas, etc).
    Correct.

I'm assuming-and not just for the sake of using the word "assume" and it's various forms repeatedly-that in order to use the modified AI with the other campaigns, I'll want to copy the CAI and BAI files to THEIR respective data folders (to the americas data folder, the brittania data folder, etc. all individually), and add the "--io.file_first" line in the "target" field in the shortcut properties for each and every different campaign I want to use the modified AI with. I further assume that I do NOT want to edit the
    "descr_strat.txt" file for the other campaigns, as some of them do not even include islamic factions at all.

Do I have that all right?
    I do not recommend installing ym CAI with the Kingdoms campaigns due to all sorts of special AI labels that exist in those campaigns and not in my AI.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

N3rull's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by N3rull View Post
    If anyone could look into this problem or tell me if it is my problem alone I would be grateful.

I'm using the Lusted's CAI and BAI on vanilla M2 only.
    The thing is (as mentioned in my last post) that AI doesn't enter diplomacy with other AI often enough. To be honest, in the last 80 turns of my campaign there has been not a single peace treaty, not a single alliance signed. Every faction is at a fake war with nearly every other faction and their military struggles are mostly limited to blockading ports once per 10 turns.

It's become a little upsetting... it is me, my ally and beyond our borders the whole world is at war with itself.
    The game loses its heart...

@Lusted:

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I misunderstood previous posts...I thought your CAI was compatible with/recommended for kingdoms, but apparently I was mistaken.

That's unfortunate, because it sounds the best out of all the CAI mods that I've read about. Ah well.

Anyway, you said the CAI isn't compatible. What about your BAI? And if your BAI is compatible with the kingdoms campaign, how do I go about installing it?

I started a game in the america's campaign last night with the apachean tribes (is awesome so far, really nice change of pace from euro factions), and I've been playing it with your mod-or so I thought-using the method I spoke of previously.

If I roll back the changes I made mid-campaign (uninstall all the files from the data folder and remove the io.file thingy from the target line in the america's shortcut), will that create any problems or will I be good?

I mean, that's what I'm going to do in the mean time, but I'd rather just start the campaign over if rolling back the changes part way through is gonna screw the campaign somehow in someway that might not be apparent, or might not be apparent until later.

Furthermore, does anyone know of any good CAI or BAI mods that DO work with kingdoms??

I've spent a whole lot of time looking into this...UAI apparently doesn't work in kingdoms and there are no plans to change that anytime soon from what I've read, Lusted's doesn't work...I think there's a form of Darth's BAI that's supposed to work with kingdoms, but it looks like it tweaks lots of other stuff and there's no way to just get the BAI without the other tweaks as far as I know....

I guess in fairness I don't know how necessary AI mods are in kingdoms compared to in the grand campaign.

I read a thread that said lots of really vague stuff about how the AI was supposed to be improved in kingdoms...But it sounds like a lot of that improvement may be in the form of AI stack composition improving...Or something.

So far I've played through the grand campaign as the english, and the britannia campaign as the irish.

It may have more to do with the layout of the britannia campaign than the AI, but I found the challenge of the game as the irish to almost totally evaporate once you hold the whole of ireland. It was really frustrating/disappointing/boring to have victory become a tedious formality after that point.

I just don't want the fun of another campaign diminished by poor AI...I'm gonna try to find another place to post this question as well, but if anyone who reads this can recommend a GOOD CAI/BAI mod that will work with kingdoms, that'd be killer.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the long post.

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

internal error#34252623 application will now close.
    Last edited by Lonck; April 01, 2008 at 01:14 AM.

Hi all, im an old fan of TW series, but this is my first time posting here.

So, straight to the point: i'm using Lusted's BAI and CAI from this thread in vanilla 1.2, no other changes made to the game, and noticed an unusual thing: after over 100 years of gameplay not a single "Man-of-the-hour" event occurred to me, playing as Venice. Now i got an emperor with only 1 son who has no kids so far (tho he is married and only like 30 years old, so hopefully he gets them). Whenever the rebels appear i send an army without family member to kill them off, no luck so far. What is the trigger for "Man of the hour" event now?

Hey will this mod work with an unpatched version of vanilla M2TW?
    Will I need to start a new campaign?
    My First AAR - A New Egyptian Empire = http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159345

m8 are you nuts you want to play a unpatched mtw2???? You like pain?...do yourself something good and patch it.

will these files work with medieval total war 2 vanilla? (patched to latest version)
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Yes they will if you set the game up to read the files.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Yes they will if you set the game up to read the files.
    how do i go about doing that?
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

I look forward to trying this out, thanks!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast