Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

Default Re: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

Great mod! Thanks for the hard work and of course the quick replies that I needed help with.

Hi, my first post here.

My question is about Lusted's Battle AI and Campaign AI compatibility with M2TW stand alone with patch 1.2/1.3.

Iīm an old TW veteran from Shogun, Medieval 1 and Rome...and now new on M2TW after 2 years playing almost only Silent Hunter 3! lol
    I just finished my first short campaign, then I'm done with vanilla. And prior to try some big mods (like SS) I just want an AI improvement...This is why Iīm here with this question...

-So, is Lusted's Battle AI and Campaign AI mod (the version present on this thread) compatible with M2TW without Kingdoms (patch 1.2)? Or I need to patch my vanilla M2TW to 1.3 first? Or in the end is Lusted's Battle AI and Campaign AI really only compatible with Kingdoms?

Obviously I tried to find this info using the search tool but believe me, isnīt easy to have sure about M2TW mods after the release of patch 1.3 and Kingdowns! Is really a bit confuse for the new guys.

In the end if this mod isnīt compatible with my installation (M2TW vanilla patch1.2 - I donīt have Kingdoms) can you point to me some good compatible AI mods?

Thanks in any advice.

Rubini.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    I recommend increasing the movement points of name characters and generals in descr_character.txt as it helps the AI out.
    Can someone tell me where I can download a file for this? If this is something I have to do myself, what do I change the values to?

N3rull's Avatar Semisalis

Supreme mod. Improvements visible right at the start.
    - my armies and enemy armies finally begin the battle in sensible, solid and balanced formations. Particularly useful when defending against Sallies. Playing the English I don't even have to change the formation *at all*.
    - AI really works better in battles. Their units move more together and with more sense.
    - AI is way more aggressive against Rebel settlements, builds larger forces, makes generally more sense with their movements.
    - Diplomatical ceasefire offers finally work sensibly. It was turn 5, Scotland had only Antwerp (good sea rush on their part) after I blitzed their Settlements in Northern Britain and decided I want a ceasefire (I just wanted Britain united). So I trained a diplomat and moved to antwerp and offered Ceasefire. And guess what, it didn't say "Very Demanding" , it said Generous and Scots sgreed. Finally the AI sees that continued war with someone 10x stronger makes no sense at all. HOOAH!
    Good job Lusted.

does your mod stop archers (Set to guard mode) from holding their position and instead just retreat anyway like they are in skirmish mode?

also is it responsible for removing flaming arrows??
    i use the kingdoms grand campaign mode and i like the larger map and more cities,also like the longer game at 0.5 years per turn. but i dont like those first two points very much at all, so i may just use your mod only and not the kindgom one if thats the case.

Opifex

Guys, can you offer more testimony of how the AI performs?

Also, Lusted I like what Xeryx is doing with AI. I know you've had some falling-out with these sith in the past, but what's your opinion of the xeryxAI?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I've never played it. Had a brief look over his files once and it all looked good but that was it.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

why dont archers hold their ground with your mod anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by N3rull View Post
    Supreme mod. Improvements visible right at the start.
    Good job Lusted.
    i agree with you!

Macedonia was,is and will always be Hellenic.
    it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hi Lusted....with using the Campaign AI with the Britannia Campaign for my mod; which AI's would you substitute for (england, wales, barons_alliance)

Also am I correct that only the campaign script and the descr_strat needs these labels changed?

A little feedback then. I found only one real flaw for now.

AI is unwilling to initiate diplomacy with other AI to offer a ceasefire. See HERE. 80% of these wars are far outdated, Sicily being the best example - they were excommunicated and reconciled over 50 turns ago (there was a Crusade for Tunis back then) and they haven't fought anyone (or been fough by anyone) actively ever since. I have met this problem myself too, as I warred with Scots, Milan, Danes and Sicily, and only Milan happened to send in an emissary requesting a Ceasefire (during ~15 turns after we stopped attacking each other)

Ceasefire offers are calculated adequately though, a nation that I'd given ass-whooping will understand that my offer of ceasefire is "very generous".
    Last edited by N3rull; February 23, 2008 at 03:40 AM.

Looking over this thread I really didn't see any installation instructions. Do you just replace the regular files in MTW2 with these? And can anyone verify this working with steam? Or for that matter directing me to a steam friendly mod. I've tried installing a few mods and had no luck with my steam version.

Patrician

Hi Term...yes you do. Just make copies of your original files and then copy and paste these new ones over the top, overwriting the originals.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This battle AI is good ,you improve it since LTC 3,I use it in several mods and i compare it , with DLV AI.
    As usually,your AI is to cautious,instead suicidal,mainly in generals,your general generally, keeps out of battle ,this is a good idea.
    The flanking are almost prefect,just some indecision,but works.
    But when AI is in defence,is to passive,if we range some AI arches,they still in some palace,they don't give a step to fire us.
    But generally,is the best in the moment.

Patrician

Thanks for everything Lusted. I have implemented your battle AI and campaign AI for my next version.

pajomife@iol.pt....is correct your flanking and general AI are the best to date of any AI I have used.

Balmung's Avatar Civis

I will be also using this in my Mods. Brilliant AI. I especially the patrols.

Creator of
    The first mod to add Wales to the Grand Campaign
    Gaelic Kingdoms (Adds Wales and Ireland to Vanilla GC)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148936
    and
    Ireland Grand Campaign v.1.1 (BigMap)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147452

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Are both CAI and BAI compatible with Kingdoms, in other words can i place them into the britannia and teutonic campaign??
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

If anyone could look into this problem or tell me if it is my problem alone I would be grateful.

I'm using the Lusted's CAI and BAI on vanilla M2 only.
    The thing is (as mentioned in my last post) that AI doesn't enter diplomacy with other AI often enough. To be honest, in the last 80 turns of my campaign there has been not a single peace treaty, not a single alliance signed. Every faction is at a fake war with nearly every other faction and their military struggles are mostly limited to blockading ports once per 10 turns.

It's become a little upsetting... it is me, my ally and beyond our borders the whole world is at war with itself.
    The game loses its heart...

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

In my opinion you schould add something else to your vanilla...how about putting retrofit mod+grand unit addon+ lusted BAI and CAI??? this way you fix more bug than the onli AI and on the other hand you don't change the basic game too much!!??
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

You misunderstood me. I'm not having problem with the rest of the game, but with LAI.
    I don't want a ton of other mods and fixes, I just want AI factions to act sensibly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast