Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Year Pack!

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: New Year Pack!

Yes, we haven't recolored the units yet... It's still the first preview, so...

For conflicting files try to compare them in ExamDiff... Or simply wait for SS 6.0, as KK will feature Genoa in it.

Echad, I started a campaign as Ireland and when I attack Dublin it locks me up and sends me back to windows with an error. Is this something anyone else has encountered??

I then just auto-resolved and moved on to Edinburgh and halfway through it locked up again. It only is locking up in the battle and it always seems to be 1/2 way through
    Last edited by Gotee7; January 01, 2008 at 09:34 AM.

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

noticed another little bug in sicilian unit roster (at least in custom battles).Even if they can't recruit men at arms and broken lances they are able to recruit the dismounted ones (foot men at arms and foot broken lances) and they also can train chivalric knights but not dimounted chivalric knights.i don't think that this one is fixed in any of your releases...but maybe (and hopefully) i'm wrong

Nice, but:

4. The colour of Genoa is copletely same as the colour of Denmark. And I'm playing with Denmark at the moment... The Milan-green wasn't identical with Irish green or at least the factions had a quite long distance. There's only one faction between Genoa and Denmark.

3. My settings were so that I don't need a general in town in order to build or recruit there. After the pack I need generals in towns.

2. For the first time in my SS 5.1 experience (which isn't very much) the game crashed when going to battlefield. The Lithuanians attacked against me in open field and a CTD occurred. Might be just a coincidence though. Right?

1. The unit formations seemed to break up more. Enemy spearman formation was divided in two parts and the parts didn't unite. When trying to attack them, my general's bodyguard unit charged at the empty space between the two groups of the same formation. Same kind of thing happened when I ordered my group of ~50~ archers to run down from the fortress wall: first half was way ahead of the other and the other half had some troubles cathing up with them. Then the first half didn't move either. They somehow jammed on the stairs or something. With formation I meant one group of soldiers, like 75 spearmen, not a formation of many groups, like 3 x 75 spearmen.

I downloaded Lusted's new BAI and CAI.

Then again, in spite of the problems the enemy seemed more aggressive and smarter when moving in the campaign map. And for the first time they captured a castle from me
    Last edited by klops; January 01, 2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo + added the last sentence

Indefinitely Banned

1. About AI send feedback to Lusted.

2. Dunno, I heard it, try to start a new campaign, I shoud put a disclaimer, that I'm not responsible for it crashing your game or stealing your gilfriend!

3. Just UNCHECK the auto Build-Recruit marks, and here you go!

4. Need to check, I liked Denmark red more, and aren't they got yellow, while Genoa is amber (more orange).

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

The yellow is too close the the danes...
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde

1. & 2. Ok.
    3. Oops, sorry. No problems with the governors, I just... need some more sleep or something.
    4. Denmark and Genoa are identical yellow in the minimap and in the borders and in the flags also. I (Denmark) share a borderline with Genoa and the colours are the same.

Umm, I just went to check the colours out once more 5 mins ago and the minimap went crazy and changed the whole western Europe into uncharted territory. I zoomed it in and out and zoomed the big map closer and further and then this happened. Then a CTD happened. A second CTD in my SS 5.1 history. I installed the pack this morning. Would you happen to know my ex by the way?

Indefinitely Banned

Denmark - red 239, green 185, blue 24
    Genoa - red 255, green 191, blue 0

Denmark should be less red... And I got the values for the Amber colour here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_(color)

I would better change Denmark.

Remember, that it's the first preview! I will tweak them some more later...

Edit: Just edit descr_sm_factions.txt id data folder for colour values!

Hi Echad,

Very nice new year present!

Well, the colours for Genoa on the campaign map may be a problem, but as you already mentioned this can be tweaked easily.
    And if you need the correct genoese symbol for the campaign map banners I can send them to you tomorrow if you like.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Ok. I myself cannot tell a difference between the coulours of Genoa and Denmark now, but it's not a big deal. Especially when I got the info where to change the colour values, thänk you. Keep up the good work!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Hi Echad,

Very nice new year present!

Well, the colours for Genoa on the campaign map may be a problem, but as you already mentioned this can be tweaked easily.
    And if you need the correct genoese symbol for the campaign map banners I can send them to you tomorrow if you like.
    YES, I would really appreciate that. I would also like to know, hom much effort will you put into this - will you recolour their army, or should I do it myself? BTW, I think I'll do shields anyway, can you just line up the directory they all reside in for Milan?

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

So what was the reason for the faction conversion s it more accurate to history or is it supposed to be another faction and u just dropped Milan to make room? though i do like the idea and the coat of arms is awesome
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; January 01, 2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: sorry
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    So what was the reason for the faction conversion s it more accurate to history or is it supposed to be another faction and u just dropped Milan to make room? though i do like the idea and the coat of arms is awesome
    Err, a lot of people requested the conversion... Milan is out, as KK would need a lot of faction slots later. It is not just more accurate, it will be more... Cute, if such word is of any use in a bloody medieval tactical war strategy.

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Echad, +++Rep man, and an extra rep for the ExamDiff thing, I didn't know there was such a thing, maybe I can mod things together now...
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Pyrebound's Avatar Ordinarius

Nnoo dont make Milan orange, keep them green! As green-white their soldiers have one of the coolest uniforms in the game imo! I couldnt play them as orange

Indefinitely Banned

I don't make Milan orange - I'm removing Milan from the game and installing gold-white-red Genoa.

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

I installed this Genoa add on. I still see Genose cities green flags in fog of war. Did I install something wrong or there is no icon yet?

Indefinitely Banned

No yet, this is just a preview... I'm working on update.

Pyrebound's Avatar Ordinarius

I of course meant what you said, Genoa has quite the same roster that Milan has, just different capital, colours and coat of arms.. But i abhor the orange colour you are giving to them :I

Indefinitely Banned

Genoa cannot be green in any way...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast