Thread: simple help needed

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default simple help needed

goodday to all of you
    i wanted to ask a simple question,cause im so not into modding!
    i want to download this renaissance mod,which link do i follow for that,and can i keep my kingdoms expansions installed also,or do i have to remove them?
    many thanks in advance!

Default Re: simple help needed

try here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81467

instructions are included, but keep in mind that the current release (2.75) is v1.1 compatible only (which means no kingdoms I'm afraid )

thanks Just me!
    was reading up on all of this mod and came across the 3.0 version you guys are developing.
    any thoughts when that will be out,so is it better for me to wait for that version,cause i believe it will be compatible with 1.3(=kingdoms)?
    or will that version take many more months to come out?
    anyways thanks again !

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I would suggest that in the interim,if it is possible for you,go ahead and look into making a seperate install of M2TW and patch it up to 1.1 so that you might experience for now the brilliant age of black powder,pageantry and steel that makes up this age of Renaissance

MorganH, check out the Renaissance General Discussion thread. It will give you a chance to see some of the new units, skins and meshes that will be featured in 3.0.

i will,thanks,im thrilled to play this renaissance mod,cause i dont wanna wait for a official renaissance-expansion to come out,will i ??Bet there isnt one comming,which is a shame btw!
    was browsing the topics but couldnt find a map,is there a link to some mapscreenshots ??
    is there any word on when 3.0 comes out,cause i also wanna continue playing the kingdoms expansion,without continous un and re-installing,But if you say it will take more then this month,i for certainly will proceed the download of the 2.75 version!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

nothing is for certain,but due to the level of accuracy and gameplay we want to accomplish with this mod,it is safe to say that it shall take more than a month to complete a presentable version of 3.0 for you,so or the time being,it looks like your best bet is going to be to check out the 2.75
    I am glad to see someone as enthusiastic about this time period as us

cant believe that anyone wouldnt be enthousiastic about it,its an era not allready been done before,gamewise i mean!
    hope to see this mutual interest live a long life !!

btw Can anyone please direct me to some mapscreenshots?,id really wanna see the map of europe and the cities on it 1
    Thanks !
    Last edited by MorganH.; January 03, 2008 at 02:26 PM.

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Hi!
    As I see, my fellow team members have already responded to your original question. Indeed, RenTW 3.0 won't be out very soon, so you'd better have M2TW 1.1 installed, as the mod is not 1.2+ compatible this far.
    As for the map, the publicly available version contains an unmodified version of Regions&Provinces Mod, thus if you know that, you know this as well. OK, I suppose you don't know that either, as you wrote you were new to mods, but it is built on the original map, but with much more provinces.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard