Page 196 of 199 FirstFirst ... 96146171186187188189190191192193194195196197198199 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 3966

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    You can only bribe units that are recruitable from your faction. If you wanted to be able to bribe units you can't recruit you'd probably have to give ownership of every unit to every faction in the EDU.
    How would I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorps View Post
    How would I do that?
    Go to where the game is installed, open the data folder, then just search for the "export_descr_units.txt" file, open it, at the top theres a block explaining what every line does, I recommend reading it before anything, then search the units you want, on that unit's block, at the last line is an "ownership" line, add you faction's internal name in it. The internal name (how the game identifies a faction) is entirely lower-case and underscore instead of spaces. They are all listed in the "descr_strat.txt" file (RTW/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioBarbarian View Post
    Go to where the game is installed, open the data folder, then just search for the "export_descr_units.txt" file, open it, at the top theres a block explaining what every line does, I recommend reading it before anything, then search the units you want, on that unit's block, at the last line is an "ownership" line, add you faction's internal name in it. The internal name (how the game identifies a faction) is entirely lower-case and underscore instead of spaces. They are all listed in the "descr_strat.txt" file (RTW/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign)
    Alright, and tested successfully. But the unit cards have peasants for all units you bribe. In the original there's also something about a descr_model_battle and also the unit cards of course. What do I need to do to the descr_model_battle.txt and how do I get all the unit cards?

ialyxxiieee's Avatar Civis

Default Julii only starting mod ( request )

Hey TWC after hours of searching I would reach out to you for help,

Basically I'm looking for a mod for rome total war vanilla 1.5 that makes the julii the only roman faction in the game holding all the starting Brutii and scipii cities, I don't mind if the roman senate is there also would be nice to be able to build all the different roman temples,

I'm sure there was a mod for this once, but that was years ago, if possible would anyone be able to point me in the right direction or could anybody make this mod for me. many thanks , I await your reply .
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I'm looking for a mod that allows the player to use a diplomat and bribe let say a rebel army that has units (units that can be recruited by the player) and mercenaries plus a couple of other units.

If the bribe is accepted then the player will get all units, that can be trained by the player, and all mercenaries from a bribed army, in my example a rebel army. All other units will be disbanded and removed from the campaign map.

Does that kind of a mod exist?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Help me chose one of these mods?

I am in the process of purchasing from Steam right now. These are the mods under consideration.

* Europa Barbarorum
    * RTR VII
    * SPQR
    * Roma Surrectum 2
    * DarthMod (I know the above have bigger followings, but I am use DMS for Shogun 2 and am happy with it.)

Let me tell you what is important for me:

BAI and CAI game play. The single player campaign game should be challenging in a "human" sort of way. Meaning that the AI uses logical strategies, full range of features, doesn't cheat horrendously (more has pluses or maluses). That the mod improves the game's atmosphere and immersion by enhanced graphics and sound. Game balance is important too along with faction differentiation. Realism is NOT top motivator. I am mainly in search of a good game; if I wanted history I would be in search of books.

So, given what it is important to me, how do these mods compare? What would you recommend and why? (One other thing, I like mods that somewhere document what they have done to the base game.)

Thanks!

I would advise Europa Barbarorum then.

Thanks!

Well, I did get Darth and RSIII working. Currently, using DMR on NORMAL/NORMAL to learn the game.

I think the mechanics of RSIII are going to be quite a bit different. Also, it is my belief that Darth uses a similar formula from game to game. I am familiar with his Shogun II flavor.

ialyxxiieee's Avatar Civis

Would anybody be able to tell me how to make it so I can build the scippii and bruttii temples as the jullii faction ? what do i edit ? is it simple ?
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Hi ialuxxiieee, you're probably better off asking that question in the in the Rome: Total War Mod Workshop. There, someone who mods the game will be more likely to see it and be able to help you. Feel free to create a new thread.

Align's Avatar Laetus

Though it does look like a fairly simple edit job of data/export_descr_buildings.txt

Default Mods that don't really alter, just improve the game?

Hey fellow generals. It's been a long time since I've been here, at TWC. I'd like your thoughts and ideas on which mods should I install.
    I don't want mods that pretty much change the entire game (like rome total realism, darth mod, and so on...) .
    I'd just like a mod that would improve the way the AI works, i.e., instead of never accepting a ceasefire, and other minor tweaks like that.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Cheers.

Default Any good unit mods for vanilla Rome 1

Hi, i'm looking for some good unit mods for rome 1, Thanks

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Any good unit mods for vanilla Rome 1

There is the additional unit pack that you can download.But i think you must be more clear.You want more units for a specific faction ? Or you dont care at all ? And there are mods that add units but alter the game too.There are other packs that change the unit skins in the game and add units too.Anyways there are many things to choose from.

I'm looking for unit pack/s, that don't altar the game (other than adding new units), weather it be for all factions or one I don't care. Thanks

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Then download the Additional Unit pack from Rome: Total War Heaven.It will suit you i think.

Default EB or Roma Surrectum II for playing Parthia?

I know it's an odd question but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this since both mods are pretty large and it will take a long time for me to test both.

TURKCELL T70 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Default Re: EB or Roma Surrectum II for playing Parthia?

If you like battles with big armies and ready developed cities then give RSII or even better RSIII a shot. The battles will have full armies but you will face big stacks and be able to play numerous battles with big armies. If you want slow economic development and small scale battles, going step-by-step you can choose EB.

Default Blue Lotus Download

I have recently found out about the existence of a mod for RTW called "Blue Lotus", a total conversion with all these factions based off East Asian mythology and history. It looks really interesting, but unfortunately every download link I can find is either not working or there is something wrong with the file that I download (usually something about the file pointer being moved). I'm just wondering if there is anyone who still has this mod on their computer and would be willing to put if up for download.
    Thanks!

Default Mods that work for Linux?

Hello everyone, does anyone know are there any mods for Rome 1 that work for Linux, specifically Linux Mint Serena 18 is the destro I'm using atm. I already tried with RTR mods, none work for me. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to install windows on my system so I'm stuck with it at least for while untill I get a new computer.