Page 195 of 199 FirstFirst ... 95145170185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199 LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 3966

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: $12TPY$

Sorry about that.

Default Searching for Specific Mod

Hello,

I am new to these forums and have been playing RTW Vanilla for years on end. I have recently started up again but wanted a little more from the game so I am in search of the best MOD to fit what I want. Basically, I am looking for a mod that is not different than Vanilla RTW and able to be played on Steam.

--Steam Playable
    --Expanded Map (India and such)
    --Vanilla Units (Not huge numbers of troops) - I can play with this is needed

I found this mod called Mundus Magnus 4.0 on these forums:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dus-Magnus-4-0

Does anyone have any experience playing this mod that can answer some questions? I was unable to find a video on youtube to possibly answer the questions.

--Can this be played on Steam?
    --I see the expanded map, perfect.
    --Have units been edited to use larger than normal numbers of troops? or are troop numbers still Vanilla RTW?

Lastly, if anyone has any suggestions on another mod I may have missed that fits my criteria, I would appreciate a reply.

Thank you

Indefinitely Banned

Default I Need Help Mod The Last Emperor in the rome total war barbarian invasion

I can not change and that Spanish into English.

I need the mod to play Roman-British.

There is another way to play Roman-British?

Default Re: I Need Help Mod The Last Emperor in the rome total war barbarian invasion

Hi ariel127711,

I have not really understood what exactly is your concern. Would you like to play the Romano Britons in a specific mod?

Greets, Mag

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: I Need Help Mod The Last Emperor in the rome total war barbarian invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Magnentius View Post
    Hi ariel127711,

I have not really understood what exactly is your concern. Would you like to play the Romano Britons in a specific mod?

Greets, Mag

I want to play Roman-British in BI

I do not care how.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

WTF What happened why my tree here as a reply?

I like playing as the Alemanni, and I was wondering if there's any way to create a dismounted version of the Barbarian Warlord. In other words, I'm looking to create a dedicated sword-and-shield unit for the Alemanni, similar to the Frankish Sword Heerban, who can also form a shield wall.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
    I like playing as the Alemanni, and I was wondering if there's any way to create a dismounted version of the Barbarian Warlord. In other words, I'm looking to create a dedicated sword-and-shield unit for the Alemanni, similar to the Frankish Sword Heerban, who can also form a shield wall.
    Using this guide you can easily just go into the Export_descr_unit.txt and just add ownership of the Heerban to the Alemanni faction and then modify the rest of the files to be able to recruit them, or just make a copy and paste. Only issue will be skins wise as you may not be able to get faction colours.

If it seems a bit heavy and you don't want to try just PM me and if I have time I can go through the files for you if you let me know what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Using this guide you can easily just go into the Export_descr_unit.txt and just add ownership of the Heerban to the Alemanni faction and then modify the rest of the files to be able to recruit them, or just make a copy and paste. Only issue will be skins wise as you may not be able to get faction colours.

If it seems a bit heavy and you don't want to try just PM me and if I have time I can go through the files for you if you let me know what you want.
    I actually followed that this morning. I managed to create a whole new unit called Alemanni Swordsmen, and got as far to a custom battle to test them out. I used GIMP to edit the unit. I just opened up the texture file of the Sword Heerban and an Alemanni Chosen Archer; I used the color picker to 'select' the blue and red colors of the Alemanni Chosen Archer and tried to 'paint' them on the Sword Heerban's clothes and armor, then saved it as Alemanni Swordsmen. Unfortunately, on the custom battle when I saw the actual 3d models it was still the bright blue like the Franks have.

So since I could not get the colors right, I decided to just create a dismounted Burgundian Lancer or Chosen Warlord.

Default Dynasty warriors 5 mod?

Hello,

there was a link i found on another site about a Mod someone made for Rome including models from Dynasty warriors 5.

Which is very similar to the mod i made for shogun 2 using DW8 models. I was interested in finding this mod, but the link is dead.
    Anyone have or know of it?

Thanks

( heres the link i found: http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.ph...609158#p609158 )
    Last edited by Havie; February 09, 2017 at 04:41 PM.

Default Re: Rome 1 Dynasty warriors 5 mod

..well at this point if anyone finds it, please PM me..

Default ninjacool Historical battles for rtw 1.5?

Hello, many times ago I found this mod/add for vanilla rtw 1.5, but now all functional links seem expired, and have it only for rtw 1.1, not compatible with last official patch. Can someone re-upload this pack? Or can I correct the old pack for make it compatible with 1.5? How? Thanks in advance

Default Re: ninjacool Historical battles for rtw 1.5?

Back after many many years ..... My question is EB or Total Realism ?

I'm mostly interested in good battle mechanics.

Thanks !!

Edit ; or another mod that is great .
    Last edited by Indus_Valley; March 30, 2017 at 12:01 AM.

Default Differences between Extended Greek Mod, Extended Cultures and Diadochi - Total War?

I'm looking for a nice mod for Rome:TW, because I played this game for nearly a year. These three mods seem to be a good option to start with. They have some vanilla feeling, while being more complex.
    They question is what are the differences between them? I heard that XC and Diadochi started as a XGM submods and finally became a standalone mods.

Are there any mods making AI better? I mean Campaign AI or Battle AI. Something like mods made for Medieval 2: TW. I searched the forum and it seems that all I can do is use ALEX.exe or BI.exe instead of RTW.exe.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

You can't improve the AI like you can in M2, what you can use is the exe which have different pros and cons. ALX is my fav but BI has the option of shieldwall. XC would be my choice IMO, the trait system is the best I've seen and the economy system is very nice as well. Mind you it's been years since I played them.

Thanks for reply. I would like to test them all, but it will take a lot of time. Anyway it looks that Diadochi is kinda outdated compared to XC and XGM - nothing happens in its subforum while XC and XGM are alive.

Have you ever played Europa Barbarorum or Rome Total Realism? These two are definitely bigger mods, but a lot of people recommend them as one of the best. Also if you played RTR write which version, because there are plenty of them (RTR6, Platinum, Gold, Fortuna Orbis etc.) and I'm confused.

Icon4 Algaman's Mods are gone. Someone need upload them!

Mr. Algaman's skin mods' download links are down for to long. Someone ought repost them somewhere, preferably here.

I've played both EB and RTR, EB is better IMO.

Default Bribery mod?

I was looking for a mod that allows you to bribe units you can't recruit to your side. I did find one from 2005 but the link provided is dead and I can't find anything in the downloads section. Does anyone know where I can get a mod that allows me to do this?

You can only bribe units that are recruitable from your faction. If you wanted to be able to bribe units you can't recruit you'd probably have to give ownership of every unit to every faction in the EDU.