Page 197 of 199 FirstFirst ... 97147172187188189190191192193194195196197198199 LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 3966

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Default Re: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hi All

I have just got the steam version of Rome, and I have played all of the TW games except this one up to Nappy.

Just after the best mod or set of mods that enhance the core game the most, as I have never played the vanilla game so not really after a massive overhaul mod or a new setting or anything, just mod/s that enhance the core game.

These can include new features/added features etc, I'm just mainly want to stick with that actual setting etc.

Cheers

Align's Avatar Laetus

I enjoyed Vanilla Balance Mod, https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...exander-Reborn
    and Extended Cultures, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Cultures-(XC)
    though that last one varies with faction and version - enjoyed playing as Parthia in XC v4, not so much in the still-in-beta v5.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Looks like the links dead for VBM lol.

Any other suggestions

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

You can find the links here https://forums.totalwar.org/mizu/miz...TW/Stats_mods/ VBM Setup for vanilla Rome and VBM4BIsetup.exe for BI.Enjoy Stildawn.
    Last edited by crazyroman; June 15, 2018 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Looks like the links dead for VBM lol.

Any other suggestions
    I would second the suggestion of Extended Cultures but get definitely get v4. There's no point trying the public v5 yet as that's a very early version. Extended Cultures is best if you want improved campaign mechanics, its biggest selling point is the new buildings, traits and ancillaries it adds. If you're more looking for graphics and would prefer the campaign to stay as simple as vanilla, I would probably recommend 280 b.c. That mod has overall the best looking collection of units out of any lightweight mod and I think it has RS2 environments as well.

Civis

Hegemonia City States (w/ Bogia's submod) or Warlords of Sparta (w/ Greek League submod)? They both look like tasty mods but idk which to go for!

BTW I have RTW Gold cd version and Alexander steam so installing Hegemonia (BI only) won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ33DA View Post
    Hegemonia City States (w/ Bogia's submod) or Warlords of Sparta (w/ Greek League submod)? They both look like tasty mods but idk which to go for!

BTW I have RTW Gold cd version and Alexander steam so installing Hegemonia (BI only) won't be a problem.
    For now, Warlords of Sparta definitely. Hegemonia is a very ambitious mod but it badly needs a patch to fix all the bugs it has. Aside from bugs it also has gameplay issues: the battles are also ridiculously fast (they're faster than vanilla, I swear) and the economy is botched. I'm actually someone who enjoys a challenging economy, however even with careful play and disbanding a lot of units you can't stop going bankrupt in HCS, regardless of faction. Warlords of Sparta has a smaller map and only two factions but everything it has is bug-free and well balanced.

Civis

I thought Hegemonia was largely fixed with bogia’s submod? All of the issues you mentioned seem to have been addressed by bogia, so if that were the case, what makes Warlords better than Hegemonia?

Quote Originally Posted by OJ33DA View Post
    I thought Hegemonia was largely fixed with bogia’s submod? All of the issues you mentioned seem to have been addressed by bogia, so if that were the case, what makes Warlords better than Hegemonia?
    Unfortunately it didn't fix those issues. But you know what, I'm not going to try too hard to dissuade you from a mod that's actually very close to my heart. If you don't believe me, you can download Hegemonia and see for yourself. Oh, and if you do find the bugs annoying you can PM me. When I played the mod last year I made some personal bugfixes, mainly to battles, I can share them with you if you want.

Civis

mmm I’m trust you judgement. I’ll try Warlords but I definitely will always wonder what Hegemonia v1.00 could’ve been...

I'm gradually testing different mods and at this moment I'm searching for a new one.
    Mods that I have already tested:
    - Extended Greek Mod (I like it because of strong vanilla feel, basically this is how RTW should look from the beginning),
    - Ab Urbe Condita (this one looks so different compared to vanilla or XGM, a lot of new units, new strategic and battle maps, great graphics, nice gameplay),
    - Europa Barbarorum (great mod overall, bit it takes literally ages to finish one campaign).

Now I'm thinking about ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod, because I wanted to try Vanilla Balance Mod, but download link expired, so I started to search the files and I found AVE. It seems to be a bigger mod which still contains all changes from Vanilla Balance Mod.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by yellowberry View Post
    I'm gradually testing different mods and at this moment I'm searching for a new one.
    - Extended Greek Mod (I like it because of strong vanilla feel, basically this is how RTW should look from the beginning)
    I'm presently testing for Suppanut with his XC_5 Alpha and it is superb, there is a few minor issues that need to be fixed before public beta release but we will get there in the not to distant future

Now I'm thinking about ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod, because I wanted to try Vanilla Balance Mod, but download link expired, so I started to search the files and I found AVE. It seems to be a bigger mod which still contains all changes from Vanilla Balance Mod.
    ditto with ahowl's mod which I'm also testing, he is such a perfectionist you can be assured this mod will also be superb
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

- Extended Greek Mod (I like it because of strong vanilla feel, basically this is how RTW should look from the beginning),
    - Ab Urbe Condita (this one looks so different compared to vanilla or XGM, a lot of new units, new strategic and battle maps, great graphics, nice gameplay),
    - Europa Barbarorum (great mod overall, bit it takes literally ages to finish one campaign).

Let me know what you think about my mod in my forum, or let me know if you want to join the discord!

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Best mod for Rome period setting?

Which mod would you consider the best in Rome period setting? After a quick research I've seen Rome Surrectum, Rome Total Realism and SPQR.

Default Re: Best mod for Rome period setting?

Europa Barbarorum.

After that you can decide between Roma Surrectum and Rome Total Realism. Surrectum has awesome models.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thread merged.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hello I've just installed Rome total war and Barbarian Empire's Hellenistic legacy, I have a new Acer laptop with windows 10, so I have the recommendations of the games covered, yet my game is laggy anyone knows how can i fix that. Is there a thing like med2 large adress awareness I need to do?

I´m showing a screenshot of my RTW / BI / ALEX Mod Collection. If anyone wants to play any of them and the download link is not avalaible anymore, please, contac me and I will try to reupload. Every folder contain all or some differents version published of these mods.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

That's an amazing collection and offer from you, Solon de Atenas! +rep

Hi Solon de Atenas, i want to play a roman frame period which is stable and CTD-free, which one i can choose