Page 1 of 199 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Modification Recommendations

Looking for that special mod, a mod that suits your needs, but you're new to the forums or you're just too damn lazy to look for it your self? Ask away here. Even if you're just looking for the most popular mod at the moment, this is the thread to cover your questions.

This it totally ripped off of Trajan's thread.
    Last edited by Ishan; August 26, 2011 at 01:07 AM.

Default Chivalry: TW

Anybody know if it's coming out? I read the forum on it and in a post a while ago the guy who is the head of it said he woud work ar less on it than before and that if it were to be released at all it would be in '06.

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about any dates or if there is even any work being done on it at all. I would hope that if the mod crew stopped working altogether they would hand off the project to somebody else who was interested in seeing it come to fruition, even if it was as the hands of someone other than the original team.

You might get more response on their forum here or their official development forums.

PS: Bear in mind that release dates are a dangerous area to go in, when dealing with modders. :laughing:
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

I think I saw Adherbal mention christmas 2006 if he doesn't get additional help
    how's that for a date?

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default SPQR Mod

Can someone tell me what this mods is suppoes to do I downloaded it but it hasn't great changes like campaign maps or different factions

Default Re: SPQR Mod

install it into your rome total war

-folder
    (continuation of his post)

Busy!!!

What? I have it installed I just want to know what its main purpose is

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Can someone tell me what this mods is suppoes to do I downloaded it but it hasn't great changes like campaign maps or different factions
    I assume u r talking about SPQR modification made by LT There r loads of info in the link below but basically this mod tweaks every aspect of RTW to make it very challenging to play the Roman faction. u r suppose to play HUGE settings and the battles r truly epic reencarnation of the ancient times. u'll find urself playing multiple barbarian armies on 5K-10k men battles The campaign is also well balanced and u need to use good long term strategy to manage a large empire... u need to conquer 155 provinces to win the game... try it, it's well worth it... SPQR version 6.3 is soon to be released

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Thanks I didn't have it on huge settings. It looked like it just changed things around. I didn't like it at first but now I'm getting in to it

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Thanks I didn't have it on huge settings. It looked like it just changed things around. I didn't like it at first but now I'm getting in to it
    Also if u want a challenging slow campaign play it with the garrison + 4tpy script activated

How do you activate it?

Marcus Orentius's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    I assume u r talking about SPQR modification made by LT There r loads of info in the link below but basically this mod tweaks every aspect of RTW to make it very challenging to play the Roman faction. u r suppose to play HUGE settings and the battles r truly epic reencarnation of the ancient times. u'll find urself playing multiple barbarian armies on 5K-10k men battles The campaign is also well balanced and u need to use good long term strategy to manage a large empire... u need to conquer 155 provinces to win the game... try it, it's well worth it... SPQR version 6.3 is soon to be released

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32
    That paragraph is ugly for obvious reasons.

Do tell

Marcus Orentius's Avatar Tiro

Spelling and grammar.

Commander_Vimes's Avatar Campidoctor

Well who cares about spelling and grammar this is a gaming forum not a classroom

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Orentius View Post
    Spelling and grammar.
    no comments

Obviously you have not been reading game forums long enough! We can either write everything in perfect English or we abbreviate words and write it faster… What matters is that the person asking the question gets a plausible answer and understands it. After all like thousands of people in this forum English is not my first language but as you can see I can write it with proficiency

@ccllnply
    the link below shows u how to activate the script
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83011

Thanks but I uninstalled the mods I found the campaign boring. Elephants are way too strong they just seem to stand in the middle of a unit and men go flying and straight away 2 cities are besieged I know some people like that but I like to know whats going on before I get attacked. Its a good mod God knows I wouldn't be able to make anything close to it but its just not for me.

Default Re: Chivalry: TW

I THINK ITS OUT NOW