Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Which do you prefer: EB or RS2?

Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post
    After the miserable failure of R2 I was thinking about getting back into playing RTW more in my spare time. However, I have played the vanilla game to death, mainly online, so I'll probably be playing on some mods to keep things fresh and for the new units and better gameplay. Since EB and RS2 seem the most popular mods out there, I was wondering which one people preferred and why. I've only ever played EB and XGM before, so I want to know what other mods people seem to like.
    If you want to experience something new try this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by warhawk77 View Post
    My favorite part of RTW has been the strategic map movements and this Mod has reinvented the game for me. It's like an all new game, but still familiar enough to make the game easy to jump into. I can see me playing this for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicov55 View Post
    It's been a month since I downloaded the mod and I really enjoy it. The variety of buildings, the polytheism, the building cards, ancillaries and special features, the individualized settlements are awesome and can only be found in this mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    This is a great mod. Very stable. Lots of new units. More mercenaries. I like what you have done with the factions and the provinces. This is how Rome Vanilla should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    Looks interesting. I'll be sure to give it a try soon. I definitely like all the island settlements in the Aegean.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahn85 View Post
    Thank you! It looks and plays fantastic so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Asukav of Epirus~ View Post
    Well I've always liked the mods that have the vanilla style, so far I see this meets and adds a thousand things more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1981 View Post
    I know I said this in the past with other mods, but this is one of the best mods I have played for Total War. I played the game for 5 hours last night up to the early morning and it was lots of fun. I will probably be playing the game for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggaabbrr View Post
    My God... You have the best artwork and best cozy looking map compared to all the mods I have tried. You are the best designer ever. Everything feels very in place. I feel 10x better playing this mod than EB, EB2 or others. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    This mod is absolutely gorgeous, every faction's starting position and family tree are so carefully thought up, so captivating. And buildings! Never ever in RTW I was so happy with managing my empire progress in detail. Thank you for such a brilliant work!
    Last edited by Philadelphos; July 12, 2015 at 04:58 AM.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Hey I just reinstalled RTW again. However I keep wondering that the game is so.. unbalanced, with clear "useless" units and "over powered" starting positions.

Is there a RTW mod that tackles this: and makes all campaigns similar in difficulty/have no civilizations be stronger than the rest?

Any mods that include the first triumph? i looked at frre but that doesn't work for steam.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I want to play Barbarian Invasion again, but never was able to find a mod for it that I liked. I dont want anything elaborate really.

What I want for Barbarian Invasion:
    -A few new units, preferably for all factions.
    -Most if not all factions playable.
    -Beta version Goths. I saw screenshots before the expansion came out with a nicer version of Gothic spearmen. They had white with dark orange shields and no helmets I think. I gues the entire faction looked different? Either way I prefered that appearance and was disappointed with how they looked in the actual game.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I want to play Barbarian Invasion again, but never was able to find a mod for it that I liked. I dont want anything elaborate really.

What I want for Barbarian Invasion:
    -A few new units, preferably for all factions.
    -Most if not all factions playable.
    -Beta version Goths. I saw screenshots before the expansion came out with a nicer version of Gothic spearmen. They had white with dark orange shields and no helmets I think. I gues the entire faction looked different? Either way I prefered that appearance and was disappointed with how they looked in the actual game.
    May I suggest the Invasio Barbarborum series of late roman mods.

debux's Avatar Senator

I don't think that the IB series counts as "(not very) elaborate"... I haven't played it yet, but from what I've seen, it's a pretty elaborate total conversion.

You might want to try Goth's All Faction's Mod, which from what I remember, was like an expanded BI. Can't remember much of this mod though. I can assure you it won't have beta gothic spearmen, I doubt that anybody has those skins.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

hi, i need a mod that fixes the campaign AI so that they stop backstabbing me. for example, i play as parthia and i'm attacking seleucids and so is egypt so we ally together then in next few turn egypt arrives with 3 stacks and backstabs me. also, i would like a mod that adds a non-aggression pact to diplomacy if possible and if not just the first thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfslayer92 View Post
    hi, i need a mod that fixes the campaign AI so that they stop backstabbing me. for example, i play as parthia and i'm attacking seleucids and so is egypt so we ally together then in next few turn egypt arrives with 3 stacks and backstabs me. also, i would like a mod that adds a non-aggression pact to diplomacy if possible and if not just the first thing.
    No matter what you do to it AI will always back stab you if they have nowhere else to expand or if they find your territory easier to conquer.

I am looking for a modification for Rome: Total War or Rome: Total War- Barbarian Invasion that would suit my needs. One that would specify religions, sort of like in the upcoming Attila seen in here: http://s020.radikal.ru/i710/1409/a2/564379d26586.png

To clarify, basically a mod that would specify on the religion names and such. Example being how in Barbarian Invasion the Western Roman Empire starts as "Pagan", rather than being specific on what kind of Paganism. Example:

Barbarians would be Germanic, Western Romans would be Graeco-Roman, Huns would be Tengri, etc...

If anyone knows a mod that does this, or includes it, please let me know.

Is there an ENB Series mod for RTW? I can not seem to find one on Google but I have seen it in RS 2.6; Is there any way to use it with the vanilla game?

Hello guys!
    Is there any way to change city square morale boost in first rome?
    Or it is hard coded that every defending unit standing on it will be unbreakable and will fight to the last man?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by FritzOfGermania View Post
    I am looking for a modification for Rome: Total War or Rome: Total War- Barbarian Invasion that would suit my needs. One that would specify religions, sort of like in the upcoming Attila seen in here: http://s020.radikal.ru/i710/1409/a2/564379d26586.png

To clarify, basically a mod that would specify on the religion names and such. Example being how in Barbarian Invasion the Western Roman Empire starts as "Pagan", rather than being specific on what kind of Paganism. Example:

Barbarians would be Germanic, Western Romans would be Graeco-Roman, Huns would be Tengri, etc...

If anyone knows a mod that does this, or includes it, please let me know.
    i would try the Invasio Barbarorum mods, especially Somnium Apostate Iuliani which includes various religions.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Hello all.Looking for a nice small mod that balances the game,make Egypt Ptolemaic Egypt and have a that awesome vanilla feel.

Hello crazyroman!
    I recommed to you the Extended Greek Mod (XGM).
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Mod-%28XGM%29

Hi
    looking for biggest map with too many cities mod. any recommendation. like whole world map.
    any such mod?

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looking for mundungus or something like that. Expands the map to the max possible areas and adds a few more cities. To my knowledge many of the larger mods already use it or their own custom map to achieve similar results.

Rome Total History 2.0 is out with huge improvements.

Details here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/newth...tthread&f=1981
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Thanks philadelphos. Gonna play rome total history. looking forward to try it.

Hey, first post. Hopefully this is the right place to post this, and I'm sorry if it not.
    I'm looking for a probably non-existent individual mod that tracks the stats for generals(battles won and such) and units (kills, battles, etc.).
    I appreciate any help I receive!

Hi guys, i remembered RTW and want to play some mods again. I remembered how annoying the stacks were though. So i gotta ask..Any interesting campaign mods with anti-stack features ? Is there anyone with few meaningful battles that really matter if you win or lose ?