Thread: Platinum patch problem

Default Platinum patch problem

Hello Peeps

I'm new here so bear with me! I recently stumbled upon Rome Total Realism. I enjoyed RTW and Barbarian Invasion but there were flaws. RTR seems to address most of these problems.

I have spent the last few days downloading, installing, uninstalling, reinatalling and reading through the forums but I still can't get the Platinum patch 1.9 to work!

I have the 1.5 version of RTW. I have uninstalled RTW and reinstalled it fresh. I have then installed the 1.9 Platinum full installation but when I load the game up it is unchanged and still says v1.5. I have read all the read me files and cannot work out what I am doing wrong. I am running Vista. I did try manually deleting the "map.rwm" files but this does not help either.

Can someone help as I would really like to play this amazing looking mod!

Thanks

McMonkey

Default Re: Platinum patch problem

RTR 1.9 will not change the VER # displayed under the OPTIONS in the main menu. All you have to do is click on the shortcut, the loading screens are different from the vanilla version. If the shortcut is correct you should be allright. The RTR screens are where you will find the 1.9 ver number.

Quote Originally Posted by McMonkey View Post
    I'm new here so bear with me! I recently stumbled upon Rome Total Realism. I enjoyed RTW and Barbarian Invasion but there were flaws. RTR seems to address most of these problems.
    Hi! Welcome to the forums!
    As said above, the mod does not change the version of your game. It should remain v1.5 for RTW and v1.6 for BI. You play it using the desktop shortcuts the mod creates for itself(depending on whether you want to play it with the BI or the RTW exe). Do you have the simple version of RTRPE or the mod switch version?
    Anyway, besides this, why can`t you play the game? What happens exactly?
    And, if you can, make a thread here about any RTRPE problems:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=436
    I might forget to check this sub-forum anytime soon.

Thanks for the reply guys, been too busy the last day or two to reply.

I used the new RTR Platinum shortcut, game seemed to load as normal. Maybe I was expecting the wrong things! I though the Egyptians would now be realistic Ptolemic Greeks, all the factions would be playable in campaign mode and the map would be divided into smaller regions.

All I have got is the normal vanilla version with the 3 Roman families + the Greeks. The map is the same, the Egyptians are the same, basically it is just the vanilla version!

I'm pretty sure the RTR_Platinum_v1.9_Full_Install.exe installed OK but something must have gone wrong! Could this be to do with Vista's security settings?

Are you running an Activision version of RTW or a SEGA version?

RTR installer defaults to the activision folder; if you have a SEGA version the correct folder is The Creative Assembly. If you have SEAG and accecpted the default Activision install, that could be the problem.

I think that may be it! I have the SEGA version and there are now both folders on my hard drive. Can't believe I did not notice this. Thanks!

Got RTR 1.9 working to a certain point but it crashes when I try to start a campaign or battle. Instead of running two threads I will just post here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...40#post2517540

Your help would be appreciated!

BTW thanks for getting me this far allypup!