Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Milanese to Genoese proposition

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Milanese to Genoese proposition

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfcp11 View Post
    I think only a name change is in order. Colours, regions, and roster are fine as is.
    I love green, but not that shade... And calling a faction Genova, but it having a Milano's coat of arms and banner is just wrong... AND having a white-red-gold coat of arms and green faction is stupid.

So I first thought to change a faction to gold, as we have too much white and red factions, I'm silent to three of them being white-red and Templars have red cross on white background, so made Genoa gold-amber, whatever.
    Last edited by Echad; January 01, 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Don't see a point - it will be right before the end of a game!
    The transition time would be in the year 1409. The game timelime goes from 1080 to 1560, this is far from being "right before the end of a game".

The only inconvenience this could bring is an increase in the mod size (textures, units, coat of arms, etc).

This could make faction evolution more interesting, and provide a better experience for certain factions.
    Last edited by numerosdecimus; January 01, 2008 at 08:38 PM.

Genoa was also a big supporter/ally of Byzantine, as has been previously stated here, as such it doesn't make much sense to have Constantinople as a victory condition. (if I recall it is for Genoa/Milan) I think a better idea would be to have Venice as a victory condition as a way of signifying their control over the Italian city states. I realize that that makes one easy victory condition by having Venice so close, but it's really no different than the Templars/Egyptians looking for Jerusalem.

Indefinitely Banned

What about Venice and Rome? Or even better Venice and Yerushalayim, as Genoa was supporting the crusades.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by numerosdecimus View Post
    The transition time would be in the year 1409. The game timelime goes from 1080 to 1560, this is far from being "right before the end of a game".

The only inconvenience this could bring is an increase in the mod size (textures, units, coat of arms, etc).

This could make faction evolution more interesting, and provide a better experience for certain factions.
    I think we can appreciate that if you'll do it... Also a transfer of Templars into the KoJ as they capture Jerusalem will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Echad View Post
    What about Venice and Rome? Or even better Venice and Yerushalayim, as Genoa was supporting the crusades.
    Venice and Rome would be cool, displaying their control over the whole of Italy. Or perhaps Venice/Sicily. (edited because I somehow failed to realize Messina wasn't included)
    Last edited by kasimmorathi; January 01, 2008 at 09:27 PM.

This whole thing looks really cool Echad. I liked the Venetians in my previous campaign, so I'll be sure to check this out once I've got SS sorted out. There's no Milanese/Genoese replacement for Venetian Heavy Infantry, though, is there? Those guys are the best, w/ their AP hammers. I suppose the Genoese Xbows outclass Venetian archers, though, so it balances out.

Indefinitely Banned

I didn't changed the units... They are still Milan!

Sarpedon's Avatar Civis

Went to the library and there is NOTHING save cursory Italian history information on Genoa in the early middle ages. I'm going to order a cheap used amazon book I hope to get the history, titles, characters and will post what I can come up with.

----
    Here is the book, hopefully it should answer all things military and history involved with the start of the game. I'll get right on historical writeups and leaders when it gets here.
    http://www.amazon.com/Genoa-Genoese-...9285724&sr=8-1
    Last edited by Sarpedon; January 02, 2008 at 08:56 AM.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Cause it was boring. All the fun started with Jaffa and Antioch. All we need is to give them a strong starting position and let them expand their reign.

Indefinitely Banned

I've already done a reskin of peasant textures, which are used for most basic units, such as spear militias and peasant archers.

Stay tuned, I'll post a preview when I'll do some more!

Sarpedon's Avatar Civis

Echad,
    First edition of the new faction looks great. I wish I could do more to help with the data and graphic components.
    I'll draft some unit possibilities and stats taking what has been gone over already run them by the forum anon.

Indefinitely Banned

Well, everyone should do his job, that way we can make sure everything will be of prime quality... I'll do some graphics and packing/releasing/combining/testing stuff... You do research, someone agreed to help with creating new units. If I'll do all the graphics myself it will took pretty long, since I've got some other things to do as well. Anyone can help? At least with pointing out ALL the Milan-related files (both directories and filenames) that feature their coat of arms design or extensive green uniform, so I will at least not miss anything!

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Last edited by y2day; January 02, 2008 at 11:25 AM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

http://www.totalwar.org.pl/gallery/I...1300%20-06.jpg

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/10940...es/illus04.png (this image isn't that good, you have to amplify it in order to see minimably well).

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/10940...ges/fig016.png

(this one is my special gift ) http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

http://www.mainlesson.com/books/abbo...2/zpage094.gif

In some ways these images should be seen as an inspirational basis for creating new units, not an actual accurate portray of the unit/units.

Indefinitely Banned

Guys, wait for new units, it's all good, but we need to remake the existing ones first! Either some of you start actually doing something or find someone to! I won't make new units, I'll waste my time on somthing else.

Indefinitely Banned

Hi guys, I've got the first preview of the units - these are peasants, italian militia and spear militia of Genoa fighting appropriate units of Venice:

Is that my brain or they have milanese banners?

Indefinitely Banned

No, your brain is alright, KK still hasn't sent me the new banners...

Guys - the color is alright, or I need to redden it a bit? I mean that the units look gold and the shields are amber... Purely aethetical, the colours are ok?

For me they are just fine.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast