View Poll Results: Which is the best of the tournament factions (10k denarii)?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Greek City-States

11 64.71%
  • Numidia

3 17.65%
  • Thrace

1 5.88%
  • All are evenly matched

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Thrace-Numidia-Greece 10k Tournament (Sunday, January 6, 2008)

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default The Thrace-Numidia-Greece 10k Tournament (Sunday, January 6, 2008)

The Thrace-Numidia-Greece 10k Tournament (Sunday, January 6, 2008)

“He who does not carefully compare his own forces with those of the enemy will come to a disastrous end.”
    - Maurice (from The Strategikon)

Time for a triple-faction tournament on a rather fun map. The three invited factions are: the Greek City-States, Thrace, and Numidia. All 3 of these factions are deceptively deadly. For a fun change, we will be using the Macedonian Ruins as the tournament map.

Here's a quick glance at the 3 tournament factions:

THRACE

NUMIDIA

THE GREEK CITY-STATES

TOURNAMENT DETAILS

DATE
    - January 6, 2008 (Sunday if you‘re in North America or Western Europe)

TIME
    - 2:00pm EST (US East Coast)
    - 7:00pm London, UK Time
    - 20:00 Berlin Time

- all players will meet in the Competitive (server)

RULES FOR THE TOURNAMENT
    1) Players, please fill this out:
    - Tournament Name:
    - Your Favorite Faction (Numidia, Thrace, Greece or all 3):
    - Additional Comments:

2) the game is Rome: Total War (version 1.5)
    3) denarii level: 10,000
    4) map: MACEDONIAN RUINS
    5) In-Game Rules: no corner-camping
    6) Do not restrict the movement of the camera
    7) Unit Size should be "Large" unless someone's computer can't handle it.
    8) 1 vs 1 tournament
    9) After you finish your battle, please wait for me to assign you your next opponent
    10) After a battle, both players will report the results to me. Please tell me which factions were used by both players, and who was victorious.
    11) Please save your replays! I might ask you to e-mail them to me after the tournament. My e-mail is prince_of_macedon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

The winner of this prize will receive only one reward: you will be hailed as a master of strategy! Only a master of strategy will survive this tournament!

TOURNAMENT COMBATANTS:
    SELIFATOR

Tournament name: [TWC]Selifator
    Tournament faction: Greek City States
    Additionall comments: Huzzah! At long last we may compete again!
    EVAN_2009

Tournament name: Evan
    Additionall comments: W00t.
    ROMAN14

Tournament name:{NTWC}Roman500[1stFC]
    Tournament faction:Greek Cities
    Additionall comments:This will be Great (If for some reason I cant make it I will PM you prince)
    LEONIDASOFSPARTA

- Tournament Name: }{AoE}{-Leonidas-|Leg2-LC|
    - Your Favorite Faction (Numidia, Thrace, Greece or all 3): Numidia
    - Additional Comments:Numidians pWn you all...
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; December 30, 2007 at 05:00 PM.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Default Re: The Thrace-Numidia-Greece 10k Tournament (Sunday, January 6, 2008)

So just be their tommorow 3:00pm for me. Just one question are people that are on this forum only going to be able to play?

Tournament name: [TWC]Selifator
    Additionall comments: Huzzah! At long last we may compete again!
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman14 View Post
    So just be their tommorow 3:00pm for me. Just one question are people that are on this forum only going to be able to play?
    Actually, the tourney is scheduled for NEXT NEXT Sunday (not tomorrow). The date is January 6, 2008. If you're in East Asia or Australia, that date will be the day after (since they're a day ahead of us).

And yes, only forummers are allowed. I once allowed public players to come in, and they caused such a ruckus that I will never allow them to join again (unless I actually know them).
    - Prince

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Gotta love the forumers!
    EDIT
    Just realized that this means I can't take the scythians online that much! "Sniff"
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Tournament name: Evan
    Additionall comments: W00t.

Quote Originally Posted by Selifator View Post
    Gotta love the forumers!
    EDIT
    Just realized that this means I can't take the scythians online that much! "Sniff"
    Don't worry - not many people are getting their favorite faction for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_of_Macedon View Post
    Actually, the tourney is scheduled for NEXT NEXT Sunday (not tomorrow). The date is January 6, 2008. If you're in East Asia or Australia, that date will be the day after (since they're a day ahead of us).
    That was dumb of me for some reason I thought it was tommrow.

And yes, only forummers are allowed. I once allowed public players to come in, and they caused such a ruckus that I will never allow them to join again (unless I actually know them).
    - Prince
    Ok yhea thats good.

Tournament name:{NTWC}Roman500[1stFC]
    Tournament faction:Greek Cities
    Additionall comments:This will be Great (If for some reason I cant make it I will PM you prince)
    Last edited by Roman14; December 29, 2007 at 04:21 PM.

Very nice - it looks like Greece will be the popular faction for this tourney
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman14 View Post
    (If for some reason I cant make it I will PM you prince)
    I hope you make it, but yeah, just let me know.

what happens when we play eachother and we have chosen the same faction? :hmmm::hmmm:

You'll have to decide who gets the desired faction. No one's getting assigned a faction for this tournament.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; December 29, 2007 at 08:25 PM.

- Tournament Name: }{AoE}{-Leonidas-|Leg2-LC|
    - Your Favorite Faction (Numidia, Thrace, Greece or all 3): Numidia
    - Additional Comments:Numidians pWn you all...
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm currently away visiting some relatives in the states and I don't know if I will come home before the 6th ( I am bad on remembering those kind of stuff ).

But if I am home before that I join in

Cool, welcome to the States

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

Thx Prince

I come home to Sweden ( were I live) on the 5th I think and I will see if I can come. I might be tired and jump over but I will try to come

You know you can't resist!

You guys getting some practice in? I can't wait to see the replays from this

UPDATE: I cannot make this tourney (which sucks cause the factions are awesome) because I have a high school soccer(football for all non-americans) game.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_2009 View Post
    UPDATE: I cannot make this tourney (which sucks cause the factions are awesome) because I have a high school soccer(football for all non-americans) game.
    That sucks! You should tell everyone to have the game on Saturday instead

I will be there.
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast