Thread: Norway skins?

Default Norway skins?

Beautiful work, guys. Really appreciated.

Noob question: Do you have any idea whether the Viking Raiders, Swordstaff Militia, Huscarls skins etc will work for Norway as well as Denmark? If not can I import them in some way? (I'm using SS 5.1)

Obviously the colouring/shields will be Danish but the skins are so good I could put up with the historical inaccuracies

GubZol's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Norway skins?

Quote Originally Posted by Yelü Dashi View Post
    Beautiful work, guys. Really appreciated.

Noob question: Do you have any idea whether the Viking Raiders, Swordstaff Militia, Huscarls skins etc will work for Norway as well as Denmark? If not can I import them in some way? (I'm using SS 5.1)

Obviously the colouring/shields will be Danish but the skins are so good I could put up with the historical inaccuracies
    What kind of colour you believe for Norway, or the Vanilla colours ar good?

For speed I would say use the vanilla colours, the old Norwegian flag (in the 13th century) was probably red with a yellow lion in the middle but CA follows Norway national colours: red/blue, which is fine.

Someone recently made some really nice Viking shields and posted them on the SS forum or somewhere (will try and find it !).

If you use the vanilla colours/textures it should be fairly simple to mod your wonderful skins for Norway in SS 5.1 ? I've tried it myself but the battles_models.db is so confusing, please please help me do this, I've just started a campaign !

Don't worry guys I've managed to do it myself

It involved complicated messing with the battle_models.db. quite a learning curve. Just download Winmerge and that will make things easier. I left in some of the Norway textures for the huscarls but mainly used your ones as they are so similar. Hope you won't mind. I won't producing any mods with it, but I know lots of peps might want to do same (using SS) so PM and I'll try and help.

Again, mucho kudos for these skins. they put CA to shame !

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

now we work on a british campaign.
    we make the english and scottish units, and we convert the danish units into norwegian.
    This moment...

Great news. Look forward to playing with them ! how about the Welsh/Irish?

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

Actually, the best skins for Norway would be red with a golden lion. More historical correct.

thanks mate!

And, if you want to distinguish them from the English in terms of colours, you could just make the red colour slightly darker. If you know the colour above normal red in paint, you get the picture

When will this be ready for Norway by the way? I can't wait. Meanwhile, how do I use the Danish skins for Norway?

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Union arms of Haakon VI as king of Norway and Sweden, c. 1380, from the Gelre armorial: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:GelreNorge.jpg

Dark red would indeed be historical correct. Go here for more.

Cheers
    Last edited by Recon; February 18, 2008 at 01:26 PM.

Union arms of Haakon VI as king of Norway and Sweden, c. 1380, from the Gelre armorial: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:GelreNorge.jpg
    Not fitting for the era. It would be unwise to base the skins on a coat of arm's that lasted during the reign of one king.
    The correct one is the same coat of arms as we use today, just without the crown on top of it. Reason I suggested a slightly darker red than flashing red;
    1: England has flashing red and golden
    2: Flashing red looks cartoonish, making it more filthy/darker would make it more realistic.

i betcha KK will post here in a sec

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

I would realy like to have this skins in PDER mod, but i cant figure the model. bat:hmmm:
    So if anybody have this skins in PDER, will be very nice if u can share this files