Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ottoman Heavy Infantry Mod

Default Ottoman Heavy Infantry Mod

A few months ago, I released an Ottoman skin pack, the product of my experiments with skinning, a skill I had just recently acquired. So now, I am doing the same thing with modelling. These new meshes are nothing ground-breaking like BC, just something to bulk out the vanilla Turk roster.

Download link
    Here is a pic as well

Only the meshes are included in the archive; the skins are a separate download (look at the bottom of this post) and without any entries in the EDU, EDB or model.db file you can customise the stats of the two new units to your heart's content!

The mace-armed unit is comprised of the "dismounted_quapukulu" meshes and the sabre-armed unit is comprised of the "serdengecti" meshes.

By the way, if you want to use the skins from my Ottoman skin pack, here is the thread link :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126252

Now, go and oppose those European heavy infantry units!

UPDATE: Here are some pics of the newly modelled Janissary units. The sabre and shield armed Janissaries are further down the page in post 6, and below are the Kesici Silakharda Musellah and Janissary artillery crewmen.

UPDATE 2: Here is a pic of the Tufenki musketeers.

UPDATE 3: The next version, 0.2, has been released. Check page two near the bottom for my post detailing the explanation of the files. The archive you need to download is "ottomans.rar".

http://hosted.filefront.com/willis657/
    Last edited by TWoxy; January 15, 2008 at 02:44 PM.

Default Re: Ottoman Heavy Infantry Mod

+Rep,Wonderful Units.
    but i think im OK with JHI in Vanilla.

Talking of JHI, I will be releasing several variants of them on this thread soon, if all goes to plan. I am working on the sabre and shield armed Janissaries right now.

Hi Sabre. A good start imo I like the colour sceme for the units.

I would like to see the sword that the Janissary Musketeers weild over another one of those scimitars.

Also JHI with shields and the Janissary headgear would also be very cool .

I'll see what I can do .

Done! I'll get a pic up soon. BTW, I know if you go off the time of my last post that mesh-editing just took eleven minutes, but seriously, swapping body parts and weapons between two meshes is easy with GoM's converter and Milkshape. Don't let anyone tell you it is a long and time-consuming job, because it isn't.

UPDATE: Right, they are done. Here is the image, but I am afraid I didn't change their sabres to those broadswords because I can't find any references to the Janissaries using such broadswords. If you can, we'll talk. Anyway, here they are!

Last edited by TWoxy; December 30, 2007 at 05:07 AM.

Well, I know they used this sword. I also know the Ottomans didn't use Scimitars.

Last edited by whhyy; December 30, 2007 at 07:01 AM.

Mmmm, still, I don't like the broadsword, the blade is too... Broad . Too much like a European bastard sword. I'll have a go at modelling new weapons like that sabre. Thanks for the pic by the way, +rep.
    Last edited by TWoxy; December 30, 2007 at 09:43 AM.

Its a Jatagan, its the the Blade when you talk about Ottomans.

When I said the blade was too broad, I was referring not to the pic that whyy posted, but the sword in-game that the Janissary missile troops wield. As for the Jatagan, I'm not sure I would be able to scratch-model that yet, so I'll have to make do with the scimitar, however inaccurate it may be.

Here is a pic of the Tufenki musketeers; a regular gunpowder unit as opposed to the elite Janissaries.

BTW, does anyone know how I can get the thread name changed? I think this is going to turn into a fully fledged unit addition mod. If anyone would like to help out as a historian, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by TWoxy; December 31, 2007 at 06:14 AM.

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

cool units+rep!

I like the Tufenki musketeers

I can contribute research in the form of pictures.Just to give you some ideas

Courtesy of Total War Turkiye,(via my friend Boztorgai Khan):

*Heavy Cavalrymen

-Timarli Sipahi: Land-owning cavalry which trained from local tax-farming management ............. [Turkish= Tımarlı sipahi]
    - Cebeli-s: Cebe means armour and Cebeli means armoured man. They were low-ranked sipahis .. [Turkish= Cebeli]

*Light Cavalrymen

-Akinjis (Lightly Armoured Efficient Cavalry, Akinji means Raiders) ............. [Turkish= akıncılar]
    -Musellems (Light Cavalry from first period) .......................................... [Turkish= müsellemler]
    -Crackers' -in Turkish Deliler- (For their fearless and brave efforts in the first line of battle, and with their frightening animal clothes, the crackers name had been given. They wore from bear, lion, wolf, hyena skin............................................................................................... [Turkish= deliler]
    -Farisan: Border Cavalry which in service in border forts and garnisons) .... [Turkish= farisan]
    -Land Levends: The Vizier's or State Governor's Cavalry ......................... [Turkish= kara leventleri]

*Heavy Infantry that from dismounted Heavy Cavalry

-Timarli Sipahi Footman....................................................... [Turkish= yaya sipahiler]

*Other Heavy Infantries

-Sekbans ......................... (arrow- bow- sword- mace- axe)
    -Janissaries ...................... (arrow- bow- sword)
    -Serdengecti :They were attackers and werent come again. Serdengecti means like who wants to die in battle with glory. They were bravest and courageous soldiers with their great swords.

*Light Infantry

-Footmen (first period infantries) ...................................................................... [Turkish= yayalar]
    -Azabs (Low ranked soldiers that they fights in the front line in battle) (kinds of them are archer azabs, castle guardians and armoured azabs)
    -Besliler -Fivemen (Castle Infantry) .................................................................... [Turkish= beşliler]
    - Derbenter-s - They guards the mountain passes. Border Fort Infantry .............. [Turkish=derbentçiler]
    -Grenadiers ............................................................................................ [Turkish= kumbaracılar]

*Heavy Weapons

-Catapults ................................................................... [Turkish= mancınıkçılar]
    -Artillery (or cannoneer) ................................................ [Turkish= topçular]

*Auxiliary Troops

-Hotheaded Militiamen. (They were untrained and ill disiplined armed villagers.) .... [Turkish= başıbozuklar]
    - Alperen-s (They were the Muslim Knights and most of them had an Islamic Order) . [Turkish= alperenler]
    - Alpghazi-s (Experienced Muslim Knights.) ....................................................... [Turkish= alpgaziler]

Militias

Aseses (Militias) ........................................................... [Turkish= asesler]

- Sisters (First Period Horsewomen Warriors) ..................... [Turkish= bacılar]
    - Yoruk-s (First Period Turkoman Cavalry Militia) ................ [Turkish= yörükler]
    - Sarica-s (Light Cavalry Militia) ..................................... [Turkish= sacalar]

------------------------------------------
    units which can not be added to the game:

sea levents (sea warriors)
    sea azabs (sea infantries)
    Last edited by Babur; December 31, 2007 at 06:46 AM.
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Thanks Chaghatai.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre657 View Post
    Thanks Chaghatai.
    no problem
    Last edited by Babur; December 31, 2007 at 07:05 AM.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Chaghatai Khan View Post
    cool units+rep!

I like the Tufenki musketeers

I can contribute research in the form of pictures.Just to give you some ideas

Courtesy of Total War Turkiye,(via my friend Boztorgai Khan):

*Heavy Cavalrymen

-Timarli Sipahi: Land-owning cavalry which trained from local tax-farming management ............. [Turkish= Tımarlı sipahi]
    - Cebeli-s: Cebe means armour and Cebeli means armoured man. They were low-ranked sipahis .. [Turkish= Cebeli]

*Light Cavalrymen

-Akinjis (Lightly Armoured Efficient Cavalry, Akinji means Raiders) ............. [Turkish= akıncılar]
    -Musellems (Light Cavalry from first period) .......................................... [Turkish= müsellemler]
    -Crackers' -in Turkish Deliler- (For their fearless and brave efforts in the first line of battle, and with their frightening animal clothes, the crackers name had been given. They wore from bear, lion, wolf, hyena skin............................................................................................... [Turkish= deliler]
    -Farisan: Border Cavalry which in service in border forts and garnisons) .... [Turkish= farisan]
    -Land Levends: The Vizier's or State Governor's Cavalry ......................... [Turkish= kara leventleri]

*Heavy Infantry that from dismounted Heavy Cavalry

-Timarli Sipahi Footman....................................................... [Turkish= yaya sipahiler]

*Other Heavy Infantries

-Sekbans ......................... (arrow- bow- sword- mace- axe)
    -Janissaries ...................... (arrow- bow- sword)
    -Serdengecti :They were attackers and werent come again. Serdengecti means like who wants to die in battle with glory. They were bravest and courageous soldiers with their great swords.

*Light Infantry

-Footmen (first period infantries) ...................................................................... [Turkish= yayalar]
    -Azabs (Low ranked soldiers that they fights in the front line in battle) (kinds of them are archer azabs, castle guardians and armoured azabs)
    -Besliler -Fivemen (Castle Infantry) .................................................................... [Turkish= beşliler]
    - Derbenter-s - They guards the mountain passes. Border Fort Infantry .............. [Turkish=derbentçiler]
    -Grenadiers ............................................................................................ [Turkish= kumbaracılar]

*Heavy Weapons

-Catapults ................................................................... [Turkish= mancınıkçılar]
    -Artillery (or cannoneer) ................................................ [Turkish= topçular]

*Auxiliary Troops

-Hotheaded Militiamen. (They were untrained and ill disiplined armed villagers.) .... [Turkish= başıbozuklar]
    - Alperen-s (They were the Muslim Knights and most of them had an Islamic Order) . [Turkish= alperenler]
    - Alpghazi-s (Experienced Muslim Knights.) ....................................................... [Turkish= alpgaziler]

Militias

Aseses (Militias) ........................................................... [Turkish= asesler]

- Sisters (First Period Horsewomen Warriors) ..................... [Turkish= bacılar]
    - Yoruk-s (First Period Turkoman Cavalry Militia) ................ [Turkish= yörükler]
    - Sarica-s (Light Cavalry Militia) ..................................... [Turkish= sacalar]

------------------------------------------
    units which can not be added to the game:

sea levents (sea warriors)
    sea azabs (sea infantries)

Yeniceri´s ?

Very Nice List Chaghatai Khan.
    Last edited by Boztorgai_Khan; December 31, 2007 at 09:16 AM.

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Indeed good list Chaghatai Khan.

+ Rep for both Khans.

Yes, thanks for the info. Any chance of some images that I can work from?

I am struggling for units to make, so if anyone wants a particular Ottoman unit including in the mod, now is the time to ask. In fact I will release version v0.2 pretty soon.

loads of pics

Last edited by Babur; January 01, 2008 at 06:56 AM.

Sorry Chagatai, but the images do not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre657 View Post
    Sorry Chagatai, but the images do not show up.
    I removed the pictures which didn't show up.

I hope these pics show up:

Last edited by Babur; January 01, 2008 at 07:04 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast