Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default Re: Imperium Julianorum Discussion

Historically, they were a spent force by these dates.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I've got an idea: Hypatia of Alexandria as an ancillary. How about it?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse
    Historically, they were a spent force by these dates.
    What are you trying to say, can you clarify? They disappeared by then or what?

How should I create my 20 unit armies? I am very bad with this timeframe, but I think that their are field armies and border armies? What would be the unit composition of each?

Check out this post for army composition using Vegetius and Mauricius as a guide!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142738

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Check out this post for army composition using Vegetius and Mauricius as a guide!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142738
    I remember that thread. It's a hell of a job by the good SBH. Very useful and very well done.

Art by Joar

Oh my this will take some time to read! I will soon, but since I am very poor with my knowledge on this period, can you help me break it down even further? This is the best description I got in my quick skim, but I don't understand exactly what would fill the criteria of 12 units of Roman infantry and cavalry. Sorry to be so poor in this area of history!

12 units of Roman infantry, 5 units of Roman cavalry, 2 units of Gothic spearmen and the remaining guard cavalry of Brennianus himself. One full stack in IBFD.
    Last edited by The10thLegion; February 14, 2010 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Say, I tried to edit the voices for the Roman units, to make
    the Comitatenses units get legionary cohort voices, and auxilia units
    get Auxilia or light auxilia voices, from vanilla RTW, and other stuff.

I can't get it to work, namely, either when clicked on,
    the edited units don't say anything, like before, and when I tried building
    new events.dat/idx files, after the first try,
    IJ wouldn't get past the splash screen, saying "Failed to find sounds database!",
    and then an error about african elephants in the
    descr_sounds_units_ambient.

Any ideas?
    Has anyone had this problem, when editing unit voices?

I humbly have one question. I am playing 355 campaign, year 375 now. I was wondering if anyone had idea about controlling the corruption? Making it lower and stuff..
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

I've been away for a while so how have things changed since patch 3? I understand you're on patch 4 or 5 now! So... yeah. The Lemur Augustus speaks and stuff (I just wanted to say that )
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

Welcome back!

Danke my good man! Anyway I still need to find time to download it.

When comes the Patch 5 ?

It'll be ready when it's done. Like always.

I only aks, cause the Mods said in Feb.

No Problem. Good Work need Time.

I wasn't trying to sound rude, but there's really no point in asking those questions. Sorry if I caused offence.

Ummm Julianus are Germans able to build huge cities and all their units in custom battle in campaign?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    Ummm Julianus are Germans able to build huge cities and all their units in custom battle in campaign?
    Yes, barbarians can build huge cities over time, and no, not all of their units are available in custom battles.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Yes, barbarians can build huge cities over time, and no, not all of their units are available in custom battles.

Cheers

Weird using cheats they can only go to large cities and only in some settlements at that. (bug?) Also I meant if their units in custom battle can all be available in campaign.(maybe in said huge cities?)

For some reason I can't find the launcher for IJ on my desktop or anywhere. Can somebody tell me the name of the launcher?