Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Default Re: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Thank you for creating such a cool mod!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RexMaxim View Post
    No. I mean the remedy against crashes. I have on my pc the patch 1.2 + fix from julianus, but crashes is still very often.
    my rig is awfull ,but by fiddling around with the vegetation options and strat models...deleting the map.rwm ...do that till you find the winning combination for your rig...since a while now i play totally(!) ctd free ...also wait 10-15 seconds before you click to exit battles.

thanks for the advice!!!
    They say that there is a final version from 2013 in one file. Where can I download the final version of this mod?
    I'd add that transition from Windows 7 x32 to Windows 7 x64 helps to overcome CTD.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by RexMaxim View Post
    thanks for the advice!!!
    They say that there is a final version from 2013 in one file. Where can I download the final version of this mod?
    I'd add that transition from Windows 7 x32 to Windows 7 x64 helps to overcome CTD.
    Check out the download section in the main page.

Hi Guys, now I want to play this very interesting mod, but the links aren't working. Have you got others link for the download??
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio II Gothic View Post
    Hi Guys, now I want to play this very interesting mod, but the links aren't working. Have you got others link for the download??
    Thanks!!
    Try Mirror 2 (Moddb). That should work.

Well, I tried second mirror, and happened this message:

"The file you have selected (IB_-_SOMNIUM_APOSTATAE_IULIANI_V1.0_Install.exe) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying."

Very amazing mod that I've spent quite a lot of time playing and am eagerly awaiting the Alex version with upgrades that you're working on.

One question I had was regarding the foederati mechanics on the large Julian campaign (365 one). I know you start with some Frankish and Ghassanid buildings that represent them, but in the building browser I saw ones for the Picts, Goths, Huns, etc. What is the mechanism by which you can build those buildings? Are they tied to the conquest of specific settlements or getting those factions to become protectorates?

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Victor1234 View Post
    Very amazing mod that I've spent quite a lot of time playing and am eagerly awaiting the Alex version with upgrades that you're working on.

One question I had was regarding the foederati mechanics on the large Julian campaign (365 one). I know you start with some Frankish and Ghassanid buildings that represent them, but in the building browser I saw ones for the Picts, Goths, Huns, etc. What is the mechanism by which you can build those buildings? Are they tied to the conquest of specific settlements or getting those factions to become protectorates?
    Well for starters it's been a while i posted here. So i'm glad to see this still is going on Julianus and i'm looking forward for restitor orbis.

Secondly andwearing to the question posed i think it's related with the option of the full script. If you have that active eventually you will receive a note from the advisor informing that a foedus as been made between the empire and other factions.
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Just wondering if anyone would like to play multiplayer battles (on steam)?
    Last edited by Ognjen Todorović; February 15, 2015 at 05:17 AM.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I would enjoy playing a few games if you were still interested? I may be a bit rusty though! My Steam name is Macedonica.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Salve!
    Good morning, esteemed friends, after a long period away I feel the need to return to the fold. But I only have a Steam version these days. Two questions then if I may? Firstly how does one install via steam? Secondly I caught sight of an Alex exe version is that ready or in development? Ironically it is the release of Attila that has brought me back.
    Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    Salve!
    Good morning, esteemed friends, after a long period away I feel the need to return to the fold. But I only have a Steam version these days. Two questions then if I may? Firstly how does one install via steam? Secondly I caught sight of an Alex exe version is that ready or in development? Ironically it is the release of Attila that has brought me back.
    Thank you for your time.
    Welcome back, check out question 4 in this link.

The Alex version is in development.

Thank you very much, that was painless! I look forward to Alex version, then, not forgetting RO

Sorry, double post, but nobody has been here since. I am contemplating a new campaign, as much as I am liking aspects of Atilla, it as yet does not reach the immersion of SAI. A question though, am I mistaken or was there a 12 tpy option or perhaps it was a submod?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

IIRC, 12 tpy script was a part of first release but than was abandoned due some flaws it had.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    IIRC, 12 tpy script was a part of first release but than was abandoned due some flaws it had.
    Oh, thank you thought perhaps I had confused mods

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    The 12tpy script has been fixed by Ragimund Von Wallat for the 365AD campaign. He was able to fix the movement issue. I assume it will be able to be used for other campaigns.

Where do I find it then? I really want a slow immersion campaign to last months to keep going back to, between papers and reading. Like a novel, where the characters develop over time.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    I really want a slow immersion campaign to last months to keep going back to, between papers and reading. Like a novel, where the characters develop over time.
    Think that it was exactly what I was dreaming about, when I've read that CA had decided to produce Rome2TW and then announced Attila! I'm definitively an idiot!