Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Yes, but as you know both the Vale & Vale bros were christians in RL so, now, .... admit that you forced the historical fresco in a Pagan direction! Admit! Admit! Admit your sin!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    In an old Campaign I forced the heir of Julian to commit 'seppoku', yes, sadly the young was Christian and the Christianity cannot play any role in any Campaign playing Julian! So I sent him in a short cruise on board of a small liburna .... poor boy, the Mediterranean sea was full of pirate ships and enemy fleets, anyway, at least his death was a quick, .... as a click on the mouse!
    Dammit! What's with these other people having heirs of Julian? I know Knon had one in his glorious tale of Julian and have seen it mentioned elsewhere but why not me???? Sadly I have a stack of Christian governors and unfortunately the designated heir is a Christian...though he does have doubts about God...perhaps he can be persuaded that his God may not be so great after all....
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am thinking of changing every unit that has 0-turn recruitment to 1-turn recruitment. What will the consequences of this change be?

Do you think I shall make this change only for the Romans and the Persians or for all the factions?

Also I've had this idea, but I noticed that IMO the game became unstable after I had modified the EDU, so, more for superstition than for real knowledge, I returned to the original EDU.

Anyway I would make the change for all the factions in game, I think that the main changes might be in the AI strategies .... for example the AI is constantly exploiting the '0' turn with the Persians, probably also the Roman factions should manifest a less aggressive stance .... but here comes the main issue.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It really sounds like a superstition I just don't like too many stacks. I will make it for all the factions and we'll see

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

I have the idea the at least for the Barbarian factions, a great part of the recruitment it's scripted so i think that in the end, the player would loose the ability to summon emergency levies, but most of the AI would be less affected by it. Maybe Julianus Heraclius can shed some light on the topic
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I still think Persia's units are over powered for their cost in SAI.

I can literally steam roll East Rome so fast with quality units even if I don't fast expand early on. I can have a multi front war as Sassanids and be fine thanks to the size of my empire and the unit roster.

I also think for the Romans the Limitanei need to be more stronger. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; June 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
    炸鸡

My opinion is that yeah also for me the Sassanids are slightly overpowered but I would be extremely cautious in touching the balance, the risk is that we make the life too easy for the two or three Roman Factions, IMO SAI is like one of those wonderful Bohemian objects made of crystal, exceptionally beautiful but, for this same reason, also extremely delicate and fragile ....

I have started a Julian 355 campaign, during the first two turns i defeated 8 eight germanic armies and cleaned all gaul from their presence, also spent all the money in building roads, however it seems the western empire is in huge debt (-25000 denari per season) so i want to ask all of you veterans how manage this bankrupt economy. Thanks, and loving this mod

In my current Julian campaign (the one in the signature....plug plug plug!) I gritted my teeth and slowly worked my way out of close to 300,000 denarii in the red mostly by raising taxes as high as I could without sparking revolts and moved against Constantius as soon as I could by firstly capturing Ravenna and then having Italy join my side and then from there working my way eastwards. The more settlements you capture, the greater your tax base becomes (obviously...). It may be tempting to disband troops to save money but to me that is counter productive.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Laetus
    briey France (Gallia Belgica prima:Roman empire)

Hello there
    I play imperium Procopi I regained the Eastern Empire. My problem is that my empire is 90% pagan and recruit officers are still 90% Christian. Is this normal?

Yes sadly, IMO it's f..... normal!

Sadly we have to be very, very, very careful in recruiting agents and generals, you have to look at the percentage of Christian faith in the panel of the town, then you must kick out all the christian spies, assassins and diplomats with christian faith as characteristic, then .... you can only pray & hope in the favor of Mithras Pater!

Guys help if a version 1.0 and 1.2 on the torrent? I would appreciate a link

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I was thinking about doing an AAR for Persia, but I cannot decide on the best date to start. What would be the most interesting starting time?

hi, i would really like to try this mod but i can't find a working link to download it...all 3 ones in the main download page came back with file deleted. Does anyone have a working mirror for the last version?
    Thanks.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The modb one works.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Tullius Tiro View Post
    The modb one works.
    thanks i didn't noticed there were other mirrors choices on modb..downloading now!

How stable is this mod, compared to EB or RSII?

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Very.

St. Imperator's Avatar Civis

Is invading the east (as Rome with the default unified empire campaign) a sensible plan? I feel like the wealth of the east would really bring in the Denarii, as well as get rid of a nasty opponent.