Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    Legio Palatinae: Herculiani Juniores and Jovianii Juniores. Comitatenses : V Macedonica. And they look cool and i will conquer the world with them, though maybe not the whole world.
    Wise words frater Serotrio, wise words!

@Captain Frye, you come here with your 44 posts, and then you start talking in the wrong way about a Mod we are playing, with immense satisfaction from years and years!

Well, do what you want, but at least try to play the game before talking and saying idiotic and wrong and laughable crap about one of the best Mods for RTW!

A suggestion for you baby: Don't you like the Mod SAJ? OK! At this point IMO you have two choices:

1) Search for another Mod more suited to you 'aesthetic' tastes ... and free us from your censorious and wrong statements, at the same time freeing yourself from a Mod you don't like.

2) Stay here and advance some serious and documented and intelligent proposal about the units you find wrong, to make them more historically accurate and/or more aesthetically suited to your personal tastes, perhaps it would not be a wrong idea for you, even trying to mod some of them, that is, doing what Sertorio is doing right now!

Diocle, woah bro you serious? Not even answering to this..

Legio Palatinae: Herculiani Juniores and Jovianii Juniores. Comitatenses : V Macedonica. And they look cool and i will conquer the world with them, though maybe not the whole world.
    Ye, I know, I was about to post. But their scale armor is not golden, also their helmet is not particularly my taste. BUT when I play Western Rome I always envy them, because I have to fight against barbarians with my numerii illyricani, and they are not very strong compared to comitatensis.

Golden or metallic grey : who cares ? What thoses guys are wearing is still scale armor. If you want a 3rd century look, wait for RO by the mod masters. And if I follow your post rigth, you do not use the Comitatenses because they are not of your taste ?!

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletianus View Post
    Golden or metallic grey : who cares ? What thoses guys are wearing is still scale armor. If you want a 3rd century look, wait for RO by the mod masters.
    There. Because 3rd century looks on 4rth Century mods are hard to find. Like the rest of us...wait for RO.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Frye View Post
    Diocle, woah bro you serious? Not even answering to this..

Ye, I know, I was about to post. But their scale armor is not golden, also their helmet is not particularly my taste. BUT when I play Western Rome I always envy them, because I have to fight against barbarians with my numerii illyricani, and they are not very strong compared to comitatensis.
    Captain, the Late Roman weapons and armors are awesome, this is unquestionable. The helmets are awesome, the different kinds of lorica are awesome, the swords, the spears, the darts are awesome, the shields are awesome, the embroidered tunics are awesome, the different troop types are awesome, the cavalry units are awesome, the cataphracatarii are awesome, the clibanarii are awesome, the heavy medium cavalry is awesome, the barbarian foederati are awesome, the Hunnic Foederati are awesome, the fact itself you can trace the history of a Legion for 4 centuries and more is awesome, the complex political and military structure of the Roman Empire in the Late Antiquity is awesome, the struggle between the old Roman Gods and the christianism is awesome, the characters of this age are awesome, Julian, Constantius, the family of Constanitinus the bastard, that is the so called, second Flavian Dynasty is dark and awesome, the criminals, the intellectuals, the religious characters, the military leaders and also the common people of this age are all awesome, the Late Roman Empire is a wonderful Age of European History in any respect, all in the Late Empire is simply awesome! so:

- Don't you like the Roman units of the IV and V centuries? Change Mod! It's a simple, easy to do and absolutely quick choice.

- If you stay here and you continue to have troubles with the aesthetic quality of the Roman Late Antiquity, it should be worth asking yourself why do you play a Mod you don't like, using units you don't like, equipped in a way you don't like and fighting against enemies you like more than the units you are actually using .. this weird situation may be a very interesting psychoanalytic issue, that may take you on the hard and fascinating trek of the self-analysis, intended as a noble journey to find the deep and complex nature of your soul.

Good luck!

Golden or metallic grey : who cares ? What thoses guys are wearing is still scale armor. If you want a 3rd century look, wait for RO by the mod masters. And if I follow your post rigth, you do not use the Comitatenses because they are not of your taste ?!
    No, you didn't read my posts right, because I never said I want 3rd century units in a 4th century mod. I want units to be historically accurate and in this mod - they are. My "complaint" was not directed to the mod makers, but rather to the 4th centruy romans, who ceased to be awesome.

wait for RO.
    I am

why do you play a Mod you don't like, using units you don't like, equipped in a way you don't like and fighting against enemies you like more than the units you are actually using .
    I like this mod. But not because of the aesthetic (non-existing)quality of the late roman units. I like challenge and this mod gives me a challenge. This game has a complexity that hardly any strategy game has today. The only real complaint about this mod is that they took away loyalty. I think it was something that made you think before assigning unloyal generals to high tier armies.

Also, Julianus, you still haven't answered my question so I have to repeat myself:

I am seeing what I am seeing. In the recruitment tab they don't have this particular trait. Or do they still kinda have it, you just forgot to type it in?
    Also, british comitatensis have excellent morale, while others have good morale. A typo or?..

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Also, Julianus, you still haven't answered my question so I have to repeat myself:

Also, british comitatensis have excellent morale, while others have good morale. A typo or?..
    I have to confess that it is an omission in the attributes line for the unit. It is missing the attribute "hardy" which is why is does not have good stamina and why it may break earlier than other comitatensis units.

To fix that go into your export_descr_unit.txt file, found in the data folderm and go to where the Legio Comitatenses Lanciarii Gallicani Honoriani is listed. You will find the line:
    attributes sea_faring, can_sap, frighten_mounted

change it to read:
    attributes sea_faring, can_sap, hardy, frighten_mounted

That should solve their problem. Again apologies for not picking this up earlier because I was focusing on their morale and not on their stamina.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    I have to confess that it is an omission in the attributes line for the unit. It is missing the attribute "hardy" which is why is does not have good stamina and why it may break earlier than other comitatensis units.

To fix that go into your export_descr_unit.txt file, found in the data folderm and go to where the Legio Comitatenses Lanciarii Gallicani Honoriani is listed. You will find the line:
    attributes sea_faring, can_sap, frighten_mounted

change it to read:
    attributes sea_faring, can_sap, hardy, frighten_mounted

That should solve their problem. Again apologies for not picking this up earlier because I was focusing on their morale and not on their stamina.

Cheers
    Ok, thanks. Will this be save game compatible?

Ok, thanks. Will this be save game compatible?
    Yes, it should be.

Which factions are playable in this mod ? Are there any new units ?
    Empire Total War Imperial Destroyer MOD videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHwf...o1jzaF1nzdfd1A

Quote Originally Posted by tono4850 View Post
    Which factions are playable in this mod ? Are there any new units ?
    Why don't you check out the Main Page and find out.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Nailed it!

Thanks. I found it finally. I am glad I have found this mod, beacuse itīs really unique. Is it possible to use DarthMod formations with it ?( I dont like AI formations, thereīs too much blobbing. (units going through each other)
    Last edited by tono4850; April 01, 2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Empire Total War Imperial Destroyer MOD videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHwf...o1jzaF1nzdfd1A

Can this mod be played on windows 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Yes, I'm playing it on Win 8, and it's ..... awesome!

... the Mod I mean is awesome, even if also Win8 is awesome (at least for me! I belong to the exclusive club of the Win 8 fan boys, we are few but ... we are the best!)

In my campaing, I think Julianus would be know as "Julianus the Demolisher", because I demolished all non-pagan temples, even the monumental ones, such as Antiochia's Octogonal Cathedral and the Basilica Sancti Sepulchri. I even demolished mithraism temples! The only non-pagan temple I didn't demolish was the Church of the Holy Apostles, for I considered it worthy enough to continue standing.
    Last edited by Architect of Doom; May 06, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

Laetus
    briey France (Gallia Belgica prima:Roman empire)

It is possible that Valens change religion?
    I started the campaign Valens, I restore paganism and wondering if there will be an impact on the heirs of Valens.
    I know that the campaign Valentinian, with the majority paganism, Gratien is a Christian, Valentinian II is pagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect of Doom View Post
    In my campaing, I think Julianus would be know as "Julianus the Demolisher", because I demolished all non-pagan temples, even the monumental ones, such as Antiochia's Octogonal Cathedral and the Basilica Sancti Sepulchri. I even demolished mithraism temples! The only non-pagan temple I didn't demolish was the Church of the Holy Apostles, for I considered it worthy enough to continue standing.
    Same here!

But I had my good reasons (or what I thought they were good reasons ...), in fact when I recruited a spy, an assassin, a diplomat or a General I always got Christian characters, this was annoying, for moral reasons but also because their damn presence in the towns increases in a tragic way the Christian component of the population so, after a while my public order became low, now, this is absolutely inadmissible because in my Pagan Empire the Emperor Iulianus needs to fight on at least two different fronts and my finances slowly begin to suffer for the situation, so .... I have to admit that my policy about religious building is grim and ferocious.

Sadly I discovered later that, even destroying all the Christian buildings, sometime you continue getting Christian characters! IMO the main risk is for the heir to the purple! Keep all the Christian characters far away from the baby, place him in the most Pagan town of the Empire and put close to him all the Pagan guys you can and ... hope in the Gods' favor!

In an old Campaign I forced the heir of Julian to commit 'seppoku', yes, sadly the young was Christian and the Christianity cannot play any role in any Campaign playing Julian! So I sent him in a short cruise on board of a small liburna .... poor boy, the Mediterranean sea was full of pirate ships and enemy fleets, anyway, at least his death was a quick, .... as a click on the mouse!

@Maximus: Mamma mia! How did you dare to change the religion of one of the two 'Godfathers'?

Laetus
    briey France (Gallia Belgica prima:Roman empire)

What? For Valentinian II, I have nothing to change the game did only
    I was glad I had a good heir.