Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

There are some clearly disturbed people on these forums.
    The debate about Iulian could of been prevented if only Constantius had lived long enough to put down Iulian's usurpation!
    See what you think of that then my crazy Italian friend

Signature made by Joar

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Dear Constantius, (you are dear, not the real one he was an ogre, killer of his own family!!), I probably have a strange and a little 'Italian' idea of debte or exchange of different opinion, my position is isolated and unic, but saying it belongs to a 'disturbed' person, or a crazy italian friend, it is strange! I feel like in the old URSS where if you had a different opinion from the PCUS you found yourself in a Madhause!!!

If I'm mad why the most historical sources say that Iulian was murdered by Romans? Who is mad? Me? The Sources? History? Com'on accept the 'Nuda Veritas' he was killed by some of his soldiers, who served Constantius before him!!! The istigators of the murder? The two Mafia brothers o.c.! Valens &Valentinian!!! ....but:

VERITATEM TEMPUS APERIT

Gustav Klimt: 'Nuda Veritas'

I really hope that nobody will feel disturbed by the nudity in this image, it is art, amongst the better works of Gustav klimt!

Don't take it too seriously its just humour.
    I study Greco - Roman history , I don' t really have favourites, they are all people that had an impact on the world stage almost 2000 years ago!

Signature made by Joar

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

If that visited me in my command tent I would have a heart attack...

EDIT: The first crazy looking one, not the nice nude one that is. Actually, I'd probably have a heart attack at the second one too... for wildly different reasons
    Last edited by Knonfoda; March 03, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    Yes, but at least I would die smiling

If the second one visited my command tent, I'd be pitching a tent of my own...

After I had put a on her to hide the fact that she looks absolutely bananas, like most red head bishes.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Dear gentlemen please! Remember that these are works of art, masterpieces of the XIX century, of one of the greatest European artist of any time, Gustav Klimt!! A little respect please!! For the Art and for Athena and Veritas, we need them both!!

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius
    I study Greco - Roman history , I don' t really have favourites, they are all people that had an impact on the world stage almost 2000 years ago!
    Yes dear friend, but do you know that the catholic church used the fake historical document known as the 'Donazione di Costantino' (Donation of Constantine) to justify its possession of the central part of Italy until they were kiked in the ass by a Piedmontese Army in 1871?

We must remember that those years in which was murdered Iulianus, the IV century, were the years in which the christian autorities established which were the true gospels and which were the apocryphal ones! These books are the prayer books for catholics and protestants today! And if these persons, who chosed the books of prayers, as to say the cristhian truth, were also the istigators of a political murder, for untold reasosns, this might disturb also today after 2000 years! The story of Iulianus is old but the reasons of his murder are not! they might throw a shadow on our present.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Dear gentlemen please!
    Clearly not referring to me then...

Oh and is that a giant lolly pop she is holding in her hand??
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

There are more than a few examples of political murders in the name of god in history, just take the Borgia's. It is not for us as historians to judge the actions of those of the past, or to take sides in events of the past - but rather like journalists- observe, analyse, explain how and why

Signature made by Joar

Wise words.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes, but at least I would die smiling
    Great jokes, it´s good to start a new day with a humour. Thanks.

And now back to my studies...

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius
    It is not for us as historians to judge the actions of those of the past, or to take sides in events of the past - but rather like journalists- observe, analyse, explain how and why
    Really (quite) wise words Constantius! From these words can I deduct that you do not want to discard the great part of the historical sources about the murder of Iulianus and sustain that he was killed by in unfortunate event?

About journalist and objectivity, I think that the objectivity does not exist, it is utopia, indeed we must pretend intellectual honesty, a clear explaination of the point of view and cultural and political opinions of the writer, and from our try to read all the different position about the single subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian Australis
    Clearly not referring to me then...

Oh and is that a giant lolly pop she is holding in her hand??
    How one might only imagine that I was referring to you my dear gentleman?
    Your interesting suggestions and your deep and serious observations about these works, clearly demonstrate your interest and knowledge about the 'Wiener Secession', the Artistic Movement called 'Symbolism', the works of F. Nietzsche, particulary 'The birth of Tragedy' (1872), the contemporary works of Freud and Jung about the subconscious and the symbols.
    If only for a cultural and aesthetic reason o.c., you are interested in the works of Klimt about the woman naked body , search for his really wonderful artistic sketches about naked fameles bodies, I really cannot post them here, they are too much for these Forums......

From these words can I deduct that you do not want to discard the great part of the historical sources about the murder of Iulianus and sustain that he was killed by in unfortunate event
    Give it a rest Diocle

It is the foult of Divus julianus heraclius semper Aug.!!! I find my Procopius campaign so interesting and entertaining that I started to feel some cruel pleasure in slowly killing the 'two Mafia brothers'!!

Now more seriously this mod is amazing!!! It transforms RTW in the Best RTS ever!!! This mod demonstrates that the PC gaming can be a very serious and fascinating thing, if well built! The descriptions of the characters are fantastic! The units are magnificent, the campaign is immersive and suggestive, the entire atmosphere of the Mod is a Masterpiece! I'm playing TW Games from years, but this is the Best Mod/Game of the entire series, I remember I liked it from its birth but now.......never seen anything better!

I'll repeat:

Somnium Apostatae Iuliani is really an unsurpassed masterpiece!!

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Agrees on that.

But is it just me or does the Iulian faction get wiped out almost 99% of the time when AI?

Maybe give them more AI money..

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Yeah, I've found the Romans fare very very badly in the auto_resolve function of battles, even in situations where they totally shouldn't. Go figure.

Are we speaking only about Iulianus western faction or about all the Roman factions?

I ask this silly question because if the problem interests all the Roman factions probably it depends on the fact that if the Romans were too strong, probably the AI would conquest in few turns the entire map! (We are not in RSII, here the Romans starts with a lot of well developed cities!)

IMHO the Romans have to be human played!

I noticed that when I use the correct historical tactics and maintain the formation I win with easy! If the AI uses the same Roman troops and launch them in its foolish frontal assault then, one against one, there is no hope for the Roman pedites! But this is quite historical!! I like it!!!

Hey, just trying this mod out: is it possible to switch to the normal battle interface (instead of the one that is minimized at the top of the screen)?

You'll find the settings in your preference folder, in the preferences.txt file in the SAI folder under minimal_ui. Set that to FALSE.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Thanks