Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    Hello Julianus Heraclius and SAI team,

I would like to implement a ''scriptless'' version of the mod (like the IBFD ''momma'' mod or The Fall Of Rome mod), in order to see if this enhances stability and memory issues I'm facing. I would like to try this because I have experienced great stability with those two aforementioned mods, which both run without any script; since I am convinced that my problems with SAI are not related to graphics or units issues, but to memory and/or possiby script ones, I'd want to try a ''no script'' version of SAI. I'm not asking that you make one, I just ask which files should I change and in which way in order to play SAI without any script at all, then i would try to change them myself.

Thanks
    Firstly I have checked the scripts using the Script Validator and all seem to be OK. You should make sure that you have the latest Patch 1.2 though.

But if you don't want to activate the full script I would suggest installed the turns per year scripts which are found in the options folder under scripts. These only have the turns per year just like IBFD or you could just no activate the script when loading a game, but then you will be playing only 2 turns per year.

Cheers

Hello JH, thanks for your reply,

Yes I have installed the 1.2 patch today, for the moment I'm trying a Valentinian campaign without activating any script at all, I played four big battles in a long session and all seems ok, I hope it keeps working in the long run.

I had the 1.1 patch before, and I was playing with the simple script, not the full one, and still had problems. Of course I'm not saying that there is fault in the script, I just think that there is a chance that the scripts ''suck'' too much memory from my computer, therefore leading to ctds.

But if the mod works ok without scripts on my pc I'm very happy anyway. Even without the script your mod is my n. 2 favourite (after mighty EB).

Thanks for your suggestions.

cheers
    Last edited by Ulakanakulot; August 09, 2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: grammar

Would it be possible to make an "SAI installation guide", for people who using a Steam version?
    Some people always ask me about that and i cant give an answer, beacause i dont use Steam.
    Last edited by Jupiter Maximus; August 11, 2011 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
    Would it be possible to make an "SAI installation guide", for people who using a Steam version?
    Some people always ask me about that and i cant give no answer, beacause i dont use Steam.
    Try and use this. Hope it helps.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

How can I make the ihatemonday soundmod only include the music and function properly?

Noob question.

How do I re-enable the generic battle UI?
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Go to the game folder, preferences, preferences.txt. Open it with word, edit minimal_ui true to false.

Laetus

Commilitiones,

I need some help with a terribly annoying problem. I would love to play this mod but somehow I can't. I've searched the entire forum for people having the same problems as I have but I seem to be alone. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong and I must admit I'm not as smart with mods and installing them as some of you are. That might be noobish but it is the truth. So I'd really like some help.

This is the case:

I came across IB: SAI a few days ago. I liked the historical setting, the preview and the enthusiasm of other players that play it so I decided to give it a try. I downloaded all three parts and followed the install-instructions in the concerning thread carefully. The install went perfect and the shortcut appeared at my desktop. I double-clicked it (full of excitement to try this wonderful mod!), the intromovie started but when I reached the loading-screen...horror. The game crashed and I was back at my desktop. No error-message, no sounds, nothing. I tried again several times but nothing worked. I redownloaded en reistalled twice but that made no difference. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and I'm frustrated.

All the information you might need or find interesting:

I play the R:TW Gold Edition. The BI add-on is patched to 1.6.
    My main R:TW folder is called D:\Software\The Creative Assembly - Rome.
    Because I play a lot of mods I've created several copies of this folder so that I always have a clean, umodded folder available to install in.
    I wanted to install IB: SAI into one of these copies called D:\Software\The Creative Assembly - Rome kopie
    I downloaded all three parts from the concerning thread and saved them.
    I installed all three parts into the mentioned folder, that is D:\Software\The Creative Assembly - Rome kopie.
    I downloaded, saved and installed the patch into the mentioned folder.
    I checked if the shortcut was directed towards this folder. That was the case.

I am desperate. Please help me. I will never be happy again. No joke!

Much obliged, guys.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Hmm, much as my technical knowledge remains primitive, I would have to say that I am at loss to explain that. Everything seems in order in terms of what you have listed. Hopefully, JH wil be better placed to advise!

LaSalle, I have exactly the same problem as yourself. Thing is though i had it installed a while ago and it worked. Only after I had installed Europa Barbarorum, it refused to work. Even after scrubbing the PC clean of any RTW and related mod folders and redownloading the installation files I am yet to have any satisfaction. Highly frustrating, one I cannot even work out.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by LaSalle.NL View Post
    Commilitiones,

I need some help with a terribly annoying problem. I would love to play this mod but somehow I can't. I've searched the entire forum for people having the same problems as I have but I seem to be alone. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong and I must admit I'm not as smart with mods and installing them as some of you are. That might be noobish but it is the truth. So I'd really like some help.

This is the case:

I came across IB: SAI a few days ago. I liked the historical setting, the preview and the enthusiasm of other players that play it so I decided to give it a try. I downloaded all three parts and followed the install-instructions in the concerning thread carefully. The install went perfect and the shortcut appeared at my desktop. I double-clicked it (full of excitement to try this wonderful mod!), the intromovie started but when I reached the loading-screen...horror. The game crashed and I was back at my desktop. No error-message, no sounds, nothing. I tried again several times but nothing worked. I redownloaded en reistalled twice but that made no difference. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and I'm frustrated.

All the information you might need or find interesting:

I play the R:TW Gold Edition. The BI add-on is patched to 1.6.
    My main R:TW folder is called D:\Software\The Creative Assembly - Rome.
    Because I play a lot of mods I've created several copies of this folder so that I always have a clean, umodded folder available to install in.
    I wanted to install IB: SAI into one of these copies called D:\Software\The Creative Assembly - Rome kopie
    I downloaded all three parts from the concerning thread and saved them.
    I installed all three parts into the mentioned folder, that is D:\Software\The Creative Assembly - Rome kopie.
    I downloaded, saved and installed the patch into the mentioned folder.
    I checked if the shortcut was directed towards this folder. That was the case.

I am desperate. Please help me. I will never be happy again. No joke!

Much obliged, guys.
    try installing it to a different folder{one you make yourself on your d/drive , when you have done that defragg the game directory{or the whole computer} make sure when you instal sai that you put it in with data and bi not inside bi , run check disc for your whole drive and check your direct x settings ,good luck ps...you may have to reinstal rtw gold from scratch it may have developed a problem
    Last edited by GRANTO; August 19, 2011 at 03:49 AM.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I just recently conquered Csetiphon or however you spell it and in the armoury there you can recruit legions! Problem is, they do not have either the shieldwall or javelins and I'm wondering if that's intentional? Also wondering if there's any other cities that are in the barbaricum that have ZoR legions that you can't get inside the Empire?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Maybe those represent the Greeks living in Ctesiphon? IIRC there were quite a few living there, since the Persians needed civilized merchants, engineers, scribes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I just recently conquered Csetiphon or however you spell it and in the armoury there you can recruit legions! Problem is, they do not have either the shieldwall or javelins and I'm wondering if that's intentional? Also wondering if there's any other cities that are in the barbaricum that have ZoR legions that you can't get inside the Empire?
    This unit uses the sassanid imitation legionaires model which only is armed with sword, hence no throwing weapon. From my memory there are no other AoR legionaires outside of the Empire.

So they aren't Greeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    So they aren't Greeks?
    If you want them to be.

Makes sense although that does leave me wondering why they don't have shieldwall... oh well
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    If you want them to be.
    What else could they be if not Greeks or maybe Jews?

http://www.uchronia.net/bib.cgi/labe...?id=forddragon
    This looks interesting I wonder if someone *cough* JH *cough* could make a M2 mod based on it xD haha

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    http://www.uchronia.net/bib.cgi/labe...?id=forddragon
    This looks interesting I wonder if someone *cough* JH *cough* could make a M2 mod based on it xD haha
    Dream on.