Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Default Re: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Can someone explain, why Gothic Foederati Infantery units, whose stats are higher than those of "average" legio armatura, are recruited in 0 turns?..

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Methodios View Post
    Can someone explain, why Gothic Foederati Infantery units, whose stats are higher than those of "average" legio armatura, are recruited in 0 turns?..
    Well these troops are considered to be battle hardened heavy troops and being foederati can be recruited quickly if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Ah sorry my dear, anyway Caesar is a good exemple! He was a genius! A great leader and a epic General! but also a very good ethnologist and writer!
    How does your campaign proceed? Still having problems with enemy's machines and cavalry? I now have Italy and Greece and I do not attack Valens! I prefer to kill his brother first!
    I have Italy, Greece up to Sirmium and Salonae as well as Rhodes and Crete, Asia Minor minus Trapezus, and I have Cyprus, Antioch, and Tyrus.

I had actually recruited a Roman general at Constantia by the name of Galienus, only to have him be assassinated by filthy Persians . That's 2 generals that died in this fashion. After they killed Galienus I recruited 2 assassins and gave them their 'just desserts.'

I'm working on booting the Sassanids out of the lands that are rightfully ours. I also aim to protect what's left of the Blue Romans and am content with letting them have Egypt for now.

I won the campaign as soon as I captured Mediolanum. The movie was blank though.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Well these troops are considered to be battle hardened heavy troops and being foederati can be recruited quickly if necessary.
    Yeah, but, for instance, frankish foederati are tough guys too, but I recruit them in 2 turns.
    Anyway, don't you think, it makes the game somewhat disbalanced? I realize now, where all the ERE armies come from to make a party next to Marcianopolis and Serdica...

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Methodios View Post
    Yeah, but, for instance, frankish foederati are tough guys too, but I recruit them in 2 turns.
    Anyway, don't you think, it makes the game somewhat disbalanced? I realize now, where all the ERE armies come from to make a party next to Marcianopolis and Serdica...
    Good point. Will look into it for the next Patch. Cheers

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    I have Italy, Greece up to Sirmium and Salonae as well as Rhodes and Crete, Asia Minor minus Trapezus, and I have Cyprus, Antioch, and Tyrus.

I had actually recruited a Roman general at Constantia by the name of Galienus, only to have him be assassinated by filthy Persians . That's 2 generals that died in this fashion. After they killed Galienus I recruited 2 assassins and gave them their 'just desserts.'

I'm working on booting the Sassanids out of the lands that are rightfully ours. I also aim to protect what's left of the Blue Romans and am content with letting them have Egypt for now.

I won the campaign as soon as I captured Mediolanum. The movie was blank though.
    Yes but Gaul? Now I'm having some serious problem to advance in Gaul! The Valentinian traitors are still well alive!.....About Valens, probably I will remain on the defensive until I'll had taken Gaul!
    My finances do not allow two fronts........maybe if the Gods will give me a special gold gift , I might try but........

I'm gonna give procopius campaign some proper attention tonight hopefully.
    If I can watch game of thrones too

I want Valentinian to keep africa, spain, gaul, and britannia for now.

It is really a wonderful campaign! But it takes a great amount of time to eradicate the traitors brothers! Years of hard battles and long campaigns, and I'm speaking only for the West, because on the East I'm only defending Anatolia!

I'm trying to re-take the East cause I don't want the Sassanids to get any stronger. They've already destroyed the Arabs and the Indians, and they kicked the Armenians out into the steppes. They're now slowly moving towards eradicating my allies the Kidarites.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I personally enjoy the Constantius campaign the most 12TPY

Signature made by Joar

But is it playable the 12 turns option?

I tried but I had terrible problems to move the characters! The 12 turns is the best option but is not perfectly functioning as julianus explained......

Yeah, I find that movement points deteriorate to nothing when you're in enemy territory. I keep having to switch generals in my armies, and a few have been abandoned in Asia minor

Still havn't made it through the first turn. played for an hour or so last night. Still working through several battles. I picked a fight with the Alimani cause I guess Julianus didn't kill enough of them back in '57. And the Quadi seem intent on crossing the Danube. And I suppose Shapur won't wait for long

I have to say, I love the variety in the generals' units.

One observation, I love the variety of religious buildings. But there is no "othodox" Christian building. There is the Arian shrine. But what about other Christian brands? Perhaps a Nestorian shrine in the East and maybe just a "Nicean" building to represent the prevailing orthodoxy, such as it is. But, again, well done.

Has any of you guys tried this mod on ALX? It seems incredibly more stable than on BI, I fought repeatedly huge battles and had no CTDs! Was it open field, with reinforcements coming from a city, with reinforcement coming from a besieged city, with the enemy armies completely wiped out or not, with the enemy generals killed or not! Plus, there are no more stupid Gaelic invasions in Frisia, or Saxon invasions in Caledonia...

It's true, there are no more shield walls, schiltroms or swimming dudes, but so far it was well worth!!

Yes it is a good suggestion but in which way SAJ can work on Alex?.......and the shieldwall is very, very, very, very, very important in this age expecially against the persians!

I had to edit some files to make it work, although custom battles don't.

Yeah I know shield wall is very important, but I gave up my previous campaign because I couldn't fight any kind of big battle without crashing.

Anyway in RSII I found a little submod that added the Shieldwall for the Roman Legions also in Alex....if my memory is still good. It could be interesting trying to add SW to Alex, I think Alex is a better engine and probably we could resolve the issue of the hundreds of small units that AI is not able to retrain in BI.

right, I remember that submod too! I'm gonna see if something can be done about it

Spartan you are a good guy!!!