Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

Default Re: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

So in the first two turns, the first two battles I experience CTD, after that I looked up the CTD section of the main page, and I gotta ask. Is this mod worth it?

I get the distinct impression that the campaign is gonna be CTD intense and that I can't really do that much about, especially for the post-battle CTDs which are the worst by far.

I am playing the Procopius campaign with vanilla vegetation and sounds.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; November 27, 2018 at 02:29 PM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So in the first two turns, the first two battles I experience CTD, after that I looked up the CTD section of the main page, and I gotta ask. Is this mod worth it?

I get the distinct impression that the campaign is gonna be CTD intense and that I can't really do that much about, especially for the post-battle CTDs which are the worst by far.

Yes, the problem of the CTD, especially the post-battle CTD, is a big problem, but in my opinion this is the best Mod I've ever played, this is not just a Mod, this is a time travel.

Now the point is if you are really interested / involved in the history of late antiquity, particularly in the tragic and fascinating age in which something could still be changed and not everything was already lost, then, if this is the case, if you really love Iulianus, his family, Libanius, Ammianus Marcellinus, Maximus of Ephesus, Hypatia, the two mafia brothers: Valens, Valentinian and all the major and minor characters who formed "La Comédie humaine" of those incredible years, like the hordes of social climbers, self-made men , sycophants, murderers, brave barbaric warriors, valiant, loyal and unfortunate soldiers, philosophers, intellectuals, rebels, dreamers, scoundrels and scammers, sweet magicians and murdering priests, victims and perpetrators, great generals, traitors and brigands, mystics and filthy hypocrites, ready to sell their mom for thirty denarii, well, then let me say that this damned Mod is a MUST for you, CTDs or not!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

This is apparently a memory issue and related to having multiple armies on the field at once. Some people have more issue with it than others. One option is to change this. To do this go to the preference.txt file found in the preferences folder inside the SAI folder. Go to the line "UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD" and change it from

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE

That should greatly assist with the post-battle CTD's though will reduce your battle experiences somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    This is apparently a memory issue and related to having multiple armies on the field at once. Some people have more issue with it than others. One option is to change this. To do this go to the preference.txt file found in the preferences folder inside the SAI folder. Go to the line "UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD" and change it from

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE

That should greatly assist with the post-battle CTD's though will reduce your battle experiences somewhat.
    For some bizzare reason I thought I already did this, now I am ashamed for posting, anyway I will try to play it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Yes, the problem of the CTD, especially the post-battle CTD, is a big problem, but in my opinion this is the best Mod I've ever played, this is not just a Mod, this is a time travel.

Now the point is if you are really interested / involved in the history of late antiquity, particularly in the tragic and fascinating age in which something could still be changed and not everything was already lost, then, if this is the case, if you really love Iulianus, his family, Libanius, Ammianus Marcellinus, Maximus of Ephesus, Hypatia, the two mafia brothers: Valens, Valentinian and all the major and minor characters who formed "La Comédie humaine" of those incredible years, like the hordes of social climbers, self-made men , sycophants, murderers, brave barbaric warriors, valiant, loyal and unfortunate soldiers, philosophers, intellectuals, rebels, dreamers, scoundrels and scammers, sweet magicians and murdering priests, victims and perpetrators, great generals, traitors and brigands, mystics and filthy hypocrites, ready to sell their mom for thirty denarii, well, then let me say that this damned Mod is a MUST for you, CTDs or not!
    I am "tasting" this era and I like it very much, but no matter how much I like it CTDs are an impassable wall for me. I just can't bear to play several battles during the AI turn and all of it to be ruined by one CTD.

EDIT: I am out of ideas, just try to attack Araxius with Valens, the army is not that big and on my settings its "normal" sized troops, the battle gets to deployment screen and always ctds. Here's the save, if anybody wants to try to see what is the problem.

Vanilla Veg and Sound, Forced Dipl.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; November 28, 2018 at 12:13 PM.

Now that shouldn't happen. May I suggest you delete the mod and reinstall it to see if that changes things.

Now that shouldn't happen. May I suggest you delete the mod and reinstall it to see if that changes things.
    I guess down the line I will have to do that.

Whatever I do something about the Valens'es army makes the game crash in the campaign... Other battles are also really CTD prone, it just breaks my heart I cannot enjoy this mod, I hope its just the current system I am using.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; December 09, 2018 at 12:09 PM.

Whatever I do something about the Valens'es army makes the game crash in the campaign... Other battles are also really CTD prone, it just breaks my heart I cannot enjoy this mod, I hope its just the current system I am suing.
    I loaded your saved game and found I could load the battle with Valen's army okay. I still believe you should delete the mod and reinstall it again. Cheers

I loaded your saved game and found I could load the battle with Valen's army okay. I still believe you should delete the mod and reinstall it again. Cheers
    I re-installed and I am 90% sure I found the issue for the CTD at the start of a battle. Its turning off unit shaders, that's it. And that is with RS2 vegetation.

Now I have some additional questions, how do the people here feel about Ragimund's Horde Changes and Minimal Recruitment Option?

But now I have another weird problem, during the campaign the Advisor keeps popping up, with IB:SAI script message.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; December 10, 2018 at 07:42 AM.