Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online Storys

Default Online Storys

Hey you guys what was the strangest/Funnyiest story that has ever happened to you when playing multi-player online.

Default Re: Online Storys

when i first started playing, i played against a guy using carthage, and we played on a map where he made a fort...his general unit was in there, and my flaming onager shot over the wall right onto his general's horse lol

Strangest thing that happened to me was someone who called me gay because I play 10k, no rules.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

Probably when I meet this guy that played as The Selecud Empire, the rules were: no missiles, no art and no elephants.

So I meet there army and they had a Elephant general. Luckily I already had choosen some pigs and destroyed their general with pigs

I laughed for 5 minutes for some weird reason

i played against Roman Spartans,Chariots and Pharaonic Archers

Busy!!!

The first time i played online i got got absolutely ripped apart by a square of hoppilites with cretan archers in the middle (a n00b square). Its not that strange but its funny how bad i was then - i just charged my elephants (i was carthage) straight into the hoppilites, lol.

12345abcd3
    She was no ordinary girl, Oh Inverted World

Don't worry about the world ending today, it's already tommorow in australia

rep me, I rep you.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    i played against Roman Spartans,Chariots and Pharaonic Archers
    I played with KT Toasty once and he had hoplites as Rome....

He said he expects me to have sense of humour if i want to play him...i was like " wtf " then when i saw hoplites LOL!
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

weirdest? Joined a game just for fun, a milion denarii, so i picked scythia...other guy got some armenia, parthia or other horse based nation. I spent really lots lots of money and was surprised to see him spent like 3-4k denarii. THen the battle he simply charged all his units into mine, and in about 15 seconds mass rout occured for his army. I remember trail of dead horses from my army line til his retreat part of the map

Quote Originally Posted by Selifator View Post
    Strangest thing that happened to me was someone who called me gay because I play 10k, no rules.
    That has happened alot to me as well, normally I just block them.

Weirdest thing, seeing a egyptian noob box
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head

"U CAN NEVER PREDICT THE UNEXPECTED"

´strangest thing:RTG telling 5different stories why he left CoH

Busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    ´strangest thing:RTG telling 5different stories why he left CoH
    There was actually twenty four, the one about the spaceships and flying pigs was the best one.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head

"U CAN NEVER PREDICT THE UNEXPECTED"

riiiiiiiiiight...
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

I played this game today when this guy comes out and takes The Greeks. I am expecting a Hoptile Spam but instead he spams Greek Cavalry . A entire army made upp of Greek cavalry

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

I have a few stories:
    1) One player told me to skip the Deployment screen. His reason was that he didn't want anyone to have a good formation. But once the battle started, I moved my troops into formation anyway.

2) This battle happened a long time ago; my opponent put his general with one of his British Light Chariots (I think), and as it got closer to my army, my very first volley of archers killed him. My opponent was laughing too.

3) Any time I listen to those pre-battle speeches, I'm pretty amused. It's basically like "Soldiers, you're probably all going to die!" *thunderous applause*
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

one of the first multyplayer games i played i was playing 2v2 and we had 100k
    and one of my enemies had an army of hastati
    lmao
    I Have Not Yet Begun To Fight

JOHN PAUL JONES

Decanus

MY first ever online game, it lasted about 1 minute, parthia vs greece. he saw my army and terminated the game after saying i had too many arrows

I once hosted a 10k game and this guy comes in and picks the macedonians, I pick my army and then I notice that he has only 300 men, so we start the battle and I look at his army, he had only three units of peasants, no upgrades, maybe he thought it would be a good strategy to waste my time.
    ---When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with---

---What's brave, what's noble, let's do it after the high Roman fashion,
    And make death proud to take us---

---When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools---

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalbarc View Post
    I once hosted a 10k game and this guy comes in and picks the macedonians, I pick my army and then I notice that he has only 300 men, so we start the battle and I look at his army, he had only three units of peasants, no upgrades, maybe he thought it would be a good strategy to waste my time.
    There's one guy online who does that all the time (ButterFlyDeath). Don't let him join your game unless you want to see how fast his troops can run off the battlefield.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Haha I didn't know such shenanigans existed in the RTW world. :laughing:

This guy made an army of gold gold berserkers.....20 units.

It was on 1 million den.

Anyway all he did was taunt.

The game begins and I arrange my pikemen into a V formation with lots of cav on the sides.

Anyway he charges in and destroys the tip. I surround his berserkers with the rest of my pikes and charge my cav. He goes down killing 50 men out of around 1500.

No survivors.

He leaves game and calls me a fag.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast