Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New skins

Default New skins

Danova in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=548 has created
    the Ornamentum mod. This mod has new skins for England, Scotland and Denmark. Very nice skins. I have his permision to convert his skins for SS. So i create a converted ''battle_models.modeldb''.
    The download link for the mod is http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136437
    Download the mod install it in a differed directory and install manual the skins in SS.
    It has also some Byzantine skins. They are very pink. I don't recommended.
    The modeldb is compatible with Mini-Mod from Ateagina and Enhancement-Pack from Nickman777.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: New skins

There are a few good ideas there but I dont like most of it, too bright and unrealistic colors rather often.

The reskinned upgraded arquebusier looks great though, and the idea of using the unupgraded arquebusier model for siegecrew of cannons seems like a good idea.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

hmm models of norse scots and english look fine thy even look great, but for some reason i am gonne stick with the original units. maybe you can ask kk if he wants to use them in his update of ss???
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

I like them alot, especially the billmens, how kindly of you to share this!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ificratis View Post
    Danova in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=548 has created
    the Ornamentum mod. This mod has new skins for England, Scotland and Denmark. Very nice skins. I have his permision to convert his skins for SS. So i create a converted ''battle_models.modeldb''.
    The download link for the mod is http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136437
    Download the mod install it in a differed directory and install manual the skins in SS.
    It has also some Byzantine skins. They are very pink. I don't recommended.
    The modeldb is compatible with Mini-Mod from Ateagina and Enhancement-Pack from Nickman777.
    So what should I copy to make them work? Is there an instruction?

I'm not 100% on it but i think you should copy the unit_models (_units, attachmentsets) and the UI (units, unit_info) for new units card(all depending on what units you want).. you find all this beneath the ornamentum directory.

acel337's Avatar Libertus

Anyone managed to get this working yet? I would very much appreciate a noob friendly instructions, thanks!

Update:

I've just copied over under unit_models: /_units & /attachmentsets and also under UI: /units /unit_info. So what am I supposed to do with the attachment from Ificratis "battle_model.zip" ?
    Last edited by acel337; December 26, 2007 at 09:13 AM.

My PC spec: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Asus P5Q Deluxe, 8Gb, ATi 4870 512Mb, X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI Express and a BIG hard drive.

Cant get it to work either.. i CTD when trying to start a battle..

acel337's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    Cant get it to work either.. i CTD when trying to start a battle..
    I managed to get it working following your instruction. Another step I took was to copy the unzipped file "battle_models.modeldb" into "c:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel\data\unit_models".

Try also re-installing latest Echad fix pack: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134046

The skins for Longbowmen are nice.

My PC spec: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Asus P5Q Deluxe, 8Gb, ATi 4870 512Mb, X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI Express and a BIG hard drive.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by acel337 View Post
    I managed to get it working following your instruction. Another step I took was to copy the unzipped file "battle_models.modeldb" into "c:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel\data\unit_models".

Try also re-installing latest Echad fix pack: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134046

The skins for Longbowmen are nice.
    Oh, Thanks! I update the Fix Pack as soon as the new fixes became available. I really wanted new skins for longbows... Wouldn't the changing of modeldb file conflict with internet hotseat games, if other players don't have it changed?

Quote Originally Posted by acel337 View Post

Okej, but i might know whats causing my problem to crash;
    this mod isnt compatible with ordo teutonicus mod, that changes the teutonic skins including some northen europe skins..

Indefinitely Banned

I think all the mods changing modeldb, need it to be merged by hand. Author of this thread wrot:

Ask him to make it compatible with Teutons, or merge yourself.

cool
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

I think you can use Ordo Teutonics skins manualy with existing modeldb and it should work with SS. It works for me. Can't wait to get home ant try this mod with SS. !! Stupid work after christmas!

A ctd from modeldb happens when the file has syntax error (in load of the main game) or a texture missing (in the load of the battle). Fortunately the error log say what texture are missing.
    You don't need to copy the files from UI, because you don't have any new units. Just new textures.
    Mine modeldb is compatible ony with the mods who i wrote. Is only for those units. If you have any others units inside you have ctd in the load of the battle.
    The modeldb inside has textures for merc stratioti if anyone want to use.
    Be free to use it, edit or fix any error.

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    There are a few good ideas there but I dont like most of it, too bright and unrealistic colors rather often.

The reskinned upgraded arquebusier looks great though, and the idea of using the unupgraded arquebusier model for siegecrew of cannons seems like a good idea.
    Thats what I want..the arquebusier cannon gunners ;-)

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

There is a huge difference between the bmdb above and my ss one...hrmm..I could merge but it would take a while.

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Venetian archer new skin is causing CTD.

Hmm what lines from modeldb do i need to copy to get the billmen skins only? I tried it out my self but i ended up in several failures. copied everything with "bill" under "_units" and everything with "eng" under attachments..

Thanks for this Ificratis.

Noob question: Anyone have any idea whether the Viking Raiders, Swordstaff Militia, Huscarls skins etc will work for Norway as well as Denmark? If not can I import them in some way?

Obviously the colouring/shields will be Danish but the skins are so good I could put up with the historical inaccuracies
    Last edited by Yelü Dashi; December 28, 2007 at 04:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast