Thread: Borders trespassing penalty question

Icon5 Borders trespassing penalty question

I just have a little question concerning game mechanics, and was not sure where to post it, may be here someone who knows game files could help...

I have the following problem - i was playing with mods for sometime, spending time in tuning them, changing ai files (e.g. with XAI ), primary one being SS_5.1. When finaly I decided to play it I discovered, that border trespassing penalty have (seemingly) disapeared, and whenever I cross neighbour`s border our relations aren`t hurt. It doesn`t appear in any mod. And it looks like ai "likes" to cross my border too with no reason (just wandering in small groops at times, or waging wars with its enemies on my territory ).

I thougt it was a problem with mods, but later I checked vanilla, and this penalty has dissapeared there too! No popups with "relations worsened", and relation don`t change... but I didn`t touch MTW basic files, only mods!
    (i must mention, that I test everything in first few turns after starting any campaign).

The question is - what could be wrong with it, and whether it is possible to correct this, may be by changing some files? The nightmare of reinstalling is last resort...

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: Borders trespassing penalty question

There never was trespassing, on land even in vanilla. There were only penalties for occupying things that are built in the province..and they are still in there.
    There is no way to mod it. Unfortuanately
    Last edited by xeryx; December 25, 2007 at 09:36 AM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

That is strange... If I recall correctly in my first game with Darth Mod 1.4D (as it is) when I sent crusading army through Europe as Castille and crusade suddenly ended, every turn that army spent on other kingdom`s territory our relations worsened. Or may be that was not penalty for border crossing, but for something else...

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

There are a few rules about trespassing (at least in Darth Ages)

i cant remember all of them but here you have an example, from high penalty to low penalty

- Crusade/Jihad army moving into target territory
    - Non crusade army moving into enemy territory
    - Non crusade army moving into neutral territory
    - Crusade/jihad army moving into diferent religion territory
    - Non crusade army moving into allied territory
    - Army fleeing through neutral territory
    - Army fleeing through allied territory

Well It seems I may have misunderstood, the trespassing? The way I understood the Vanilla FS file was you received penalties for occupying Build objects and such. I don't recall seeing any specifically for tresspassing? That was Vanilla. Niamad's FS file is way more advanced. This could also be a higher function of the AI? Maybe Naimad can clarify ?
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

The rules i moded were about moving troops accross foreign territory.

Dont know about others..

Quote Originally Posted by Naimad View Post
    The rules i moded were about moving troops accross foreign territory.

Dont know about others..
    In which files could I find this rules? or it is too tricky to mod?

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Faction Standing fie..

Transgresions Block

That is awesome!! Naimad!! I need to have a closer look at your file!! Maybe you could build a readme explaining the differences between yours and the "vanilla". Quite, honestly your file works so well, and we would like to know what your innovations are. This is very important, don't be so modest

Hi - sorry for necroing that thread here, but where can I find the files that allow trespassing penalties to work?

I tried downloading "The Darth Ages", but the downloads of that mod seems to be removed and also copied the trangression section of the darthmod into my own descr_faction_standing file but that does ...... nothing.