Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas - Lands to Conquer Gold Released!

Marto's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Merry Christmas - Lands to Conquer Gold Released!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    LTC is the way the game should have been from the start. Good BAI and good CAI.
    Well being a veteran of Shogun, moving on to Medieval, and then seeing what CA did to Medieval 2 I think they've made a wise move finally giving him a job. I stopped playing after buying Medieval 2 because it was such a disappointment - until I found this forum.

I now have some hope for Empire after all but wouldn't touch it without a sound mod recommendation....
    It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.

Plato

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Marto View Post

I now have some hope for Empire after all but wouldn't touch it without a sound mod recommendation....

Darthmod. ETW is unplayable without it.

NTW has good BAI, but lower replayability, I wouldn't recomend it until the prices drop.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Quick question, is this the latest version of Lands to Conquer Gold? Any updates I don't know about?

mine

LTC AI, more script.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Can anyone tell me how to download this? I downloaded it from filefront and it didnt come as an auto installer and when I tried to install it I got the message about windows not knowing where the program came from and asking me to choose a program to open it. The Badongo link dosent work and the uploaded to link just seems to send you to the upload page without an option to download the mod.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Gazz's Avatar Miles

I DL'd, played some time and wew. It's amazing mod, better than Stainless Steel IMO 'cause SS has frozen and CTD'd on me, this hasn't crashed or froze a single time. Great job.

I think SS uses Lusted's AI.

From what I saw from the 3-4 battles I played in Shogun2, the AI there is also similar.

i have question ... in early era ,when town and castles can be upgraded ? is it after year 1210 , or when they enough population
    ?

When they have enough population

I have a quick question - are there any changes to the campaign map? I mean, any added cities or castles? I understand that the distribution of the provinces is changed, so the map is different in that way.

I did read the first post, and thought not ... but I just wanted to be 100% clear about it.
    Last edited by FootSoldier; October 24, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
    "War is an extension of diplomacy, but by other means." Karl von Clausewitz

In the LTC by Lusted no.
    I've made a couple of submods that do change the map though.

hi i have really been enjoying this mod. unfortunately theres some factions like HRE Venice that dont have a family tree option to look at whenever you bring up the faction overview... please is there anyway to fix this problem.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by colo1214 View Post
    hi i have really been enjoying this mod. unfortunately theres some factions like HRE Venice that dont have a family tree option to look at whenever you bring up the faction overview... please is there anyway to fix this problem.

there is a little problem there ie "family members" not getting married but HRE + Venice elect there faction leaders n hiers so theres no "royal family as such, best thing is to make lots of generals and send them off to fight and try and win battles heroicly and hopefuly you'll get asked if you wont to adopt that general and so you'll have another "family member" that can become faction hier or leader.
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    In the LTC by Lusted no.
    I've made a couple of submods that do change the map though.
    Could you (or anyone who knows how to) please tell me how to edit the landstoconquer map? I tried to create a new province with geomod using an independent folder with all the necessary files and moving them to the landstoconquer directory, but it made my game unplayable (it froze when I pressed start campaign).

Thanks in advance

Well, you better check in the editing part of the M2TW forums. From my experience, nobody gets it right the first few times. Before you do anything, have a backup.

Yeah, not having a backup already cost me a day reinstalling everything.
    I have been searching the mapping forums, but nothing I found gets as specific as I need - the fact that the campaign in lands to conquer is located in "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\landstoconquer\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\a_early_campaign" instead of "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\landstoconquer\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign" seems to be the problem, since I suppose geomod relates every other file to the imperial_campaign folder, which doesn't exist (and if it were there, lands to conquer wouldn't recognize it). When I mod the map, descriptions for the campaign itself and for the factions are gone, and the game freezes when I press the start campaign button.
    I know it's boring, but could you help me? You're kind of my only hope. Thanks!

Well, I just use paint.

Yeah, I got it after like a day of tinkering with it. Can't remember what the problem was though. I did manage to mod the map as I wanted to, and created a ton of new units too.

Great great mod! I love it!

I would only make a couple of suggestions. I would like to help making it even better.

I would recommend to add 1 or 2 factions to the Reconquista campaign (Navarre and Aragon, or possibly even France and England), and also many more settlements if at all possible, I could help providing names, character's names and all the information needed, since that's my area of expertise. I would love helping this mod grow!

ps.: I had in mind something like the "Britannia" campaign.

Well, Lusted has moved on from this mod for many years now Salocin. He works for CA now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast