Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The "58BC: Bugs, CTD, Suggestions, donations, etc" Thread

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Default The "58BC: Bugs, CTD, Suggestions, donations, etc" Thread

Please post in this thread everything related to Bugs, suggestions,etc of 58BC.

happy fighting!!

PS: don't forget to read the 58BC guide (which you can download from the original 58BC thread found here

KNOWN BUGS:
    1° small typo in the export_units file is guilty of this unit's name (Equitatus Aedorum-Aedui Cavalry)
    2° "failed to find texture...... EBUNIT_PSYCHO_BRIHETIN_REBEL.tga"

SUGGESTIONS:
    1° Change the name of the "Velites" Unit.
    Last edited by Empedocles; December 27, 2007 at 06:16 AM.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Default Re: The "58BC: Bugs, CTD, Suggestions, donations, etc" Thread

Congrats on the release guys!

Great work!

Thanks, mate. Glad to see you around.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Another mod to add to my shrinking HD ...

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

It's the best mod you can get regarding historical play of the Roman times (of J. Caesar times).

This team deserves a lot of applause. Where is it?

Edit:
    Bugs? There shouldn't be any bugs ...
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 24, 2007 at 10:45 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I'm getting a CTD on the first turn after three or four battles when I load my game and try to activate the script. Also all the legions look the same.

This issue was reported a couple of times during our extensive (very extensive!) beta-testing. The only possible explanation might be a corrupted save-game. Please try to play for more than one turn and then save and tell us how it goes. On the other hand, auto-save is not very good for the game stability.

Concerning legions, the first four you get (VII, VIII, IX and X by King Arthur) are the same. Once you finish the Helvetii mission you will get two additional legions (XI and XII by Limes), that are different to the former. And the same can be applied to the next reinforcements that you will be getting: (XIII and XIV by King Louise Assurbanipal) and (V and VI by Limes). We have pushed the number of models to the limit but, of course, we do not have that many legion models available in spite of the generosity of the artists that have lend us their units.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; December 25, 2007 at 01:44 PM.

Default Some minor things

Velites in all my cities have a recruitment cost of 33745 and construction time 10 turns.
    Heavy cavalry (the one of recruitment cost 1432), is written as "unlocalised placement text" everywhere.
    No CTDs until now. The mod is very very interesting. Good work !

The velites unit is a workaround to avoid the "revolt CTD". So the presence of this unit is disturbing but really necessary. Concerning the cavalry unit, I will give a look at it and add it to the first patch.

Thanks!

Edit: a small typo in the export_units file is guilty of this unit's name (Equitatus Aedorum-Aedui Cavalry) not appearing.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; December 25, 2007 at 02:20 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Well, i read somewhere that a copy and renaming of the saved game can help.

Strange is, that i personally never had have such a bug while playtesting, and also, i never had a problem with saved games ... it is quite confusing to read this again and again with every TW game/mod, equal if RTW, M2TW.

The velites unit is a workaround to avoid the "revolt CTD". So the presence of this unit is disturbing but really necessary.
    Empe, there you have something that could be mentioned in the Guide as well.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 25, 2007 at 01:55 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Thanks for the reply I will start a new game. It wasn't an auto save.
    Last edited by Reeman; December 25, 2007 at 02:00 PM.

Hope you are lucky this time. Thanks for the feedback!

It is released! EXCELLENT!

May i suggest changing the name of the ctd workaround velite unit to something like 'DO NOT RECRUIT, UNIT IS A BUG-FIX'?
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

Uppsss!!!!!!!!

First bug - "failed to find texture...... EBUNIT_PSYCHO_BRIHETIN_REBEL.tga"

Kozak, please give me some more details. As usual, there is no EBUNIT_PSYCHO_BRIHETIN_REBEL.tga texture in the DMB file so it must be another kind of problem. Can you tell which faction did the enemy army belong to and the units that formed it? An screenshot would be very helpful, too . Thanks!

Edit: I think that I have it: please confirm me if this was a battle against the Nervii (the Belgae tribe) and against a stack that appeared after you failed in completing the third mission (capture Nemetocenna and Durocortorum). If it is not so, at least I have found another bug

CVC, concerning your suggestion, your idea already came to my mind, along with creating a custom unit card that indicated that the unit was not there to be recruited. But I thought that it might break the immersion in the game, although having a skirmisher unit that costs 30.000 denari is not game-immersive either, I must confess .
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; December 27, 2007 at 10:24 AM.

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    please confirm me if this was a battle against the Nervii (the Belgae tribe) and against a stack that appeared after you failed in completing the third mission (capture Nemetocenna and Durocortorum). If it is not so, at least I have found another bug
    Yes. Nernii, capture Nemetocenna and Durocortorum

Thanks, mate. Fixed and added to the next patch. Please keep the feedback coming so that we can make this fix as complete as possible.

In order to avoid this bug: succeed in the third mission (against the Nervii) . Now seriously, if you really cannot wait for the patch, I will upload a hotfix as soon as possible.

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

I have 1st CTD in 55 BC

Press "End Turn" button and go to windows table

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

@kozak :
    try to reload it and tell us if it happens again.
    Upload the file to rapidshare and we will look into it.
    have you loaded the script?
    regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

58BC is the best mod for Rome Total War I've played so far.

I also received my first CTD. I'm in Summer 53 BC and I finished my turn. The Suebi offer me a ceasefire. No matter I accept or decline just after the click the game crushed.

I started a new game. After finishing my turn, the Suebi offered a ceasefire and a CTD happened again. This time it was in Summer 55 BC.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast