Thread: Hordes for RTW 1.5

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Default Hordes for RTW 1.5

To use this mini mod, you need to run RTW using the BI.exe. Instructions for setting this up are included.

This mini mod allows Briton, Gaul, Germans, Dacia, and Scythia the ability to horde. Each faction has four hording units, for now. If there are requests, I can add more units later. To add the mini mod you will need to copy the appropriate text to the correct text files.

The BI abilities can now be activated by adding the appropriate tags like shield_wall, schiltrom, can_swim and power_charge to units in export_descr_unit.txt. The needed TGA files for shield_wall and schiltrom to display on the battle page properly are included.

Hope you enjoy it, Vegas_Bear

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1785

Default Re: Hordes for RTW 1.5

I've set up this mod, on 1.6 but if I use a hording faction, the game does not start and goes to the desktop.

If I remove from descr_sm_factions.txt the added section of
    horde_min_units 60 etc lines

then that faction loads fine.

Also to be more helpful, the readme needs to be more descriptive to include one of your posts about shieldwall:

"Go to - C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data and look for UI folder. Might not see it if you didnt unpack your files. If not there create a UI folder in data folder. Inside UI folder create the following folders - barbarian,
    carthaginian, eastern, egyptian, greek, roman, and slave. Inside each of the
    newly created culture folders, make a interface folder. Now paste the
    battlepage_03.tga inside each interface folder."

is this needed for other files as well?