Page 9 of 504 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan!

Default Re: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan!

Ahahah, I do remember suggesting Cromartie once.

Cromartie High School is a comedy anime and manga about a normal, hard-working student who somehow becomes enrolled into Cromartie, a school full of badasses and delinquents and absolute oddities ranging from an obvious robot, a gorilla, and a mute Freddy Mercury riding a huge horse.

It's dubbed (pretty well) in English, too. The jokes are a bit changed to make better sense to a Western audience as well.

It's hilarious.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Cromartie is so absolutely bloody surreal manga, it's an gem, despite the somewhat limited technical skill of Eiji Nonaka (his caracters are always drawn in the same poses)
    also:

Freddie!

Freddie!

Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    In a cottage cheese cottage in Levittown, New york

Is anyone watching Gundam 00 ?

I am, actually. It's not the greatest show ever made, but I do want to say I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    I am, actually. It's not the greatest show ever made, but I do want to say I'm loving it.
    My feelings are much the same, It was a really good show. But by the time Ep.18 came around, it be came a great show. Ep.19 continued the trend.

Nena needs to die btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus View Post
    Most awesome Gundam series so far. Well, concerning art. Gundam Wing will always be my classic. But Gundam 00 is such eye-candy. Go Exia!
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

Quote Originally Posted by gaius valerius View Post
    Most awesome Gundam series so far. Well, concerning art. Gundam Wing will always be my classic. But Gundam 00 is such eye-candy. Go Exia!

Personally, Its my favorite Gundam series yet. But then again i haven't seen Zeta, which is supposedly great.

Personally, Its my favorite Gundam series yet. But then again i haven't seen Zeta, which is supposedly great.
    I've seen Gundam Wing, Seed and Destiny, now watching 00. 00 is definitely approaching my Gundam Wing experience

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Before it started, I read about the settings and the character, and I expeced it to be a total abomination like SEED Destiny.
    For the first few episodes I was just watching it for "it's so bad it's funny" factor.
    But now I'm actually seriously enjoying the show and I'm anxiously waiting every Saturday.
    Of course it's not perfect or anything.
    It has many plot holes, some bad script writing, ultra-convenient plot devices (the "GN particle") and some of the characters(like some of the crew of Ptolemaios) seems unneeded and looks like 2 dimensional stereotype.
    But I think the show has turned really good in the last few episodes.

I just hope Graham, Sergei and Soma doesn't die, at least in season 1.

About SEED and SEED destiny, are they worth watching at all ?

I watched the first 8 minutes of the first episode of Seed and was like 'This is Mobile suit gundam with less enjoyable animation then the original from the 1980's'

Now About Gundam 00,

Yeah it does have plot holes. Like the whole Azadstan arc.

About SEED and SEED destiny, are they worth watching at all ?

I watched the first 8 minutes of the first episode of Seed and was like 'This is Mobile suit gundam with less enjoyable animation then the original from the 1980's'

Now About Gundam 00,

Yeah it does have plot holes. Like the whole Azadstan arc.
    IMO the first half of SEED is quite enjoyable, although you might not like the whole "emo" part of the main character.
    The last half turns out bad, with plot holes far too many to mention and bad script writing.
    SEED Destiny is just horrible.
    Only the first few episodes is worth watching.
    After that, it's a continuous artillery barrage of animal poop.
    SEED Destiny is consisted pretty much of this.

:characters that is either
    a/despicable yet presented as the good guys
    or
    b/shallow stereotypes
    :cliches(more like a degenerated copy) from past gundam series
    :filled with plot holes
    :story that doesn't make any sense
    :horrible scripts
    :badly drawn animation
    :absolutely ****** ending.

Both SEED and SEED Destiny had a potential to be a great series.
    IMO the setting, characters and premise of SEED was good, and in right hands the show could have been extremely well.
    In a nutshell, SEED series is like a meal that had the best ingredients, but tastes like **** because the cook didn't know how to cook it(you see, the writer of SEED was the wife of the director, who previously had almost zero experience in script writing).

Anticipation of Ep.20 has compelled me to change my Sig/Avy scheme.

Goddamn crazy-ass 'thrones'. Hope exia kicks their butt

Goddamn crazy-ass 'thrones'. Hope exia kicks their butt
    Captain Graham Aker in his uber-customized Flag has already done that

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Captain Graham Aker in his uber-customized Flag has already done that
    And in doing so he almost screwed up his own body Can't wait to see the awesom Aker in a suit that's on par with the gundams, he'll kick ass, but setsuna will always be über!

Anticipation of Ep.20 has compelled me to change my Sig/Avy scheme.

Actually, the Raws of episode 20 are already out, and Nyoro~n's Lolfang has released a work-in-progress subtitle file.

But I already watched it without the subs, it's not hard to pick up what's going on. Suffice to say, it was a good episode.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I've seen Gundam Wing, Seed and Destiny, now watching 00. 00 is definitely approaching my Gundam Wing experience
    Don't watch Gundam G, you definately would regret!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Don't watch Gundam G, you definately would regret!!!
    It's a heretic!!
    Burn him!!

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    Is there any other good animes like Samurai X and Samurai Champloo?
    No.

Although I wasn't really happy with the 'hip-hop' aspect of Champloo the answer to your question remains the same: No.

Although, you might want to check out Peacemaker Kurogane. It takes place during the period, using Kenshin as a benchmark, right before he disappears for 10yrs. One of the better sword fights I've seen in anime takes place during this series.

Afro Samurai actually turned out to be a little better than I thought it would be. If you can get passed the fact that it's in English...

Juuni Kokki is also pretty good too. It's not "Samurai" precisely but it's a nice little watch, some swordplay and a good story. I believe it's based on the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.

Shura no Toki, this is an absolute must see! Think about what Hanma Baki(Grappler Baki) would be like during the late Tokugawa period.

Seirei no Moribito, once again not "Samurai" but pretty good martial fights, sword play and spear work.

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto, this is "Samurai" based...I didn't like it too much. You should check it out though, just to form your own opinion.

Shiguri/Crazy for Death, another "Samurai" based anime and another I didn't like, but check it out to make your own decision.

Hakkenden, also "Samurai" based and another one I'll let you make your own judgement on.

Samurai Deeper Kyo, I'm pretty sure you've seen this already. If not...you know? Check it out...yada yada yada

Sword of the Stranger, a new Samurai movie coming out this spring. Trailers can be seen on Veoh/YouTube. It looks ridiculous...
    I've spent years looking for a samurai anime series that was comparable to Kenshin, no luck yet. It's not even that I think Kenshin is the best Samurai series ever...it's seems like it's the only Samurai series.

I just don't understand it. In the 70's/80's Samurai movies, in Japan, came out all the time. Then when anime became popular...what happened? I wonder why they never began producing Samurai anime? Retarded mecha shows...!?

Oh well, I hope this list might help you find something to your liking.