Page 4 of 504 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan!

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan!

any good historical, war, realistic anime

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I'd like to see a good realistic mech based anime like the 08th MS team.

The gundam wing type stuff annoyed me, with a single mech taking out hundreds of other mechs of the same size. And they might as well have just been starfighters for as little as they used their legs.

I wish there was an anime set in the battletech universe. I think there was an animated show a decade or so ago, but I think that was more of a kids show (I'm not positive though).
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Roy Mustang View Post
    any good historical, war, realistic anime

Zipang, definitely.

But usually those three things don't turn up at once in anime. Usually just two out of the three..

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55

The gundam wing type stuff annoyed me, with a single mech taking out hundreds of other mechs of the same size. And they might as well have just been starfighters for as little as they used their legs.

I wish there was an anime set in the battletech universe. I think there was an animated show a decade or so ago, but I think that was more of a kids show (I'm not positive though).
    You could try Turn A Gundam. The Big O too, if you haven't seen it on Cartoon Network already. The same for Blue Gender.

The giant robot action in Full Metal Panic! is a bit more believable than in Gundam.

Dismounted H@Xx0rZ's Avatar Centenarius

Even though I like all the gundams ever made in the UC timeline, I can only really suggest the original MSG.

Can someone verify for me if Sher Khan has me on his ignore list?
    Current Threat Level:

Also, join the CLC!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=223

watching zipang now..........................

wow forget KMS Bismarck,

an autgyro landing in the Yamato, cool.......................

Corsair dive bombers being blown by the awesome aegis system of Mirai HAH

even Nimitz's fleet ir even Yamamoto's cant beat that

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted H@Xx0rZ View Post
    Even though I like all the gundams ever made in the UC timeline, I can only really suggest the original MSG.

Can someone verify for me if Sher Khan has me on his ignore list?

I don't. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    I just watched Graves of the Fireflies and Im so embarassed to admit that I cried like a baby watching it. I guess Im just too sensitive.

Actually just give me a nice anime with historical background. Samurai is preferable but others are okay, too.
    I recommend Shigurui
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigurui
    if you don't mind excessive gore or crazy/fanatical people.
    It's fairly realistic, it has quite an intriguing story line and the characters are motivated through the value system of 17th century Japan rather than that of now.
    The original comic is still continuing, and the anime ends only half way and is somewhat short(only 13 episodes) but it's in top quality and 2nd season is in making.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

Macross Zero
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Zero
    might be good.
    The story is boring but it has one of the most amazing and realistic dog fights I've ever seen, although the Valkyrie(the mech in the show) is more of a transformable jet fighter than a mech and spends only a limited time as robot.
    If you liked Macross Zero you might try Macross Plus
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_plus
    It's older than Macross Zero but the graphics is far from out dated, has more interesting characters, great dog fight scenes, great music and it has the coolest looking mecha in human history, the YF-19.
    Last edited by Juggernaut; December 28, 2007 at 01:17 AM.

Im watching Death Note right now and **** it is good!

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

what about Honey and Clover LOL!!!

yeah I;m already at epi...4 of that Pumpkin thingy
    i see a kubelwagen, a mauser, german, russian inspired tanks and some pretty nifty rank insignia based on the Japs before ww2 (like in FMA)

as i was saying any good war, hisotrical, realistic anime
    not necesarily all 3 but atleast the war part is there..........minus the mechs
    ony mechs i like are......................zoids

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

I've watched the entirety of Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop, as well as parts of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Knowing that I enjoyed all these things thoroughly, what should I check out next?
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    In a cottage cheese cottage in Levittown, New york

Watch the whole of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus View Post
    Watch the whole of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    And repeatly watch it three times until you finally get the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    And repeatly watch it three times until you finally get the whole story.
    Yeah.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Aw what a cool thread. Sher, these are my favorite shows in no particular order.

Ghost in the shell movies- like the philosophy, characters, the setting and the cyberpunk athmosphere.
    GITS series- same as above, just without the philosophy cause there isnt much.
    Akira- like the setting, style and epicness.
    Ninja scroll- like the animation.
    Ergo proxy (Zomg everyone see this if you havent!!)- love the cyberpunk setting, characters and the script itself.
    Serial experiments Lain- love everything except the repetitive nature, should have been a movie.

Sher, I dont know if you're in the category of people that find some of the animes above full of pretentious pop philosophy and anoying, but I love it. Anyway can you recommend me something? Everyone I know IRL that watches anime are mostly Narutards etc so I wont get anything from them.

It is a pseudo-realistic anime, spoiled only by the tendency for the main character to shed her clothes in gunfights, presumably so that she can turn invisible. Why this wouldn't work with her clothes and armor on was never explained and frankly makes no sense.
    Its called thermo optical camouflage and she doesnt take off all her clothes, she leaves the thight suit, the texture and pigment of that suit makes her invisible when activated, If she activated the suit with armour on the effect wouldnt work... it all makes sense.

Edit- **** I forgot I loved cowboy bebop series too for the humorous entertainment. Also I loved animatrix- the second reneissance and the segment with the girl and the cat(forgot the name) were my favorites.
    Last edited by Hattori; December 28, 2007 at 08:08 PM.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

If any of you liked Death Note even a tiny bit, you should check out "Monster"...

In fact, you should give it a try even if you don't like anime, because its more like an animated movie, than anime. What I mean is, people's looks are based on their country of origin/race, emotions are portrayed realistically (no gigantic teardrops or blood-red faces), there is no magic, the action takes place in real places and is loosely based on history, etc. The only part which people who don't like anime might still hate is that its long - 74 ~20min episodes long; though to give it credit, most episodes contain completely new material and are not just the continuation of one scene like in DBZ.

Anyways, really recommend this one for anyone.

Just to comment on Death Note... I though the first 10-15 episodes were great, but they are the only reason I watched the last 20 or so, which leave me with an overall mediocre impression at best.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I don't know, to me, Death Note is sooooo boring that I put volume 1 back after I finish.

Dammit! after the 16th episode Death Note turns so gay that it becomes unwatchable! It seems like the original writer was suddenly killed by a death god and some random guy took his place.
    Last edited by jankren; December 30, 2007 at 07:08 AM.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    Zipang is also a novel historical anime, based around a Japanese Self Defense Naval ship named the Mirai. Through some strange phenomenon out at sea, it is trasported back in time to World War II's Pacific Theater, and is inevitably drawn into the conflict.
    I'm reading the Zipang manga in bookstores as they get tranlsated. It's great, though I'm now lost in the plots and should read them all in a single session....
    Oh, and I second Drak's advice on Monster.
    Last edited by Sidus Preclarum; December 30, 2007 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidus Preclarum View Post
    I'm reading the Zipang manga in bookstores as they get tranlsated. It's great, though I'm now lost in the plots and should read them all in a single session....
    Oh, and I second Drak's advice on Monster.
    Are you reading them in French or English ?

Anyway, Has anyone else Seen the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ? I've been watching it and i absolutely love it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus View Post
    Anyway, Has anyone else Seen the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ? I've been watching it and i absolutely love it so far.
    It seems people either hate it or love it...and I'm the latter.
    Although I definitely wouldn't want to meet someone like Haruhi in real life.