Thread: Need Some Help

Default Need Some Help

Hey there guys. Long time lurker of TWC and I'd first like to start off by saying I absolutely love your mode.

However, after playing it for some time i've seen some problems with it. First off, let me say i'm an avid user of the cheats for the campaign. I decided to give the Teutonics a try yesterday and noted that when trying to use the create_unit command many units, despite perfect spelling and the likes, would not spawn. Yes, I checked the export_units file and decided it would be too much work to track down the proper name of every Teutonic unit. Anyone who has time and skill on their hands that can give me a list?

Also, I noted that the Kwarezm, every time I play the campaign, would not move from their spot. Note, I normally play on Easy because i'm lazy. Their huge army would move to the side of their mountains, build a fort, garrison, and sit there. Is this because of the low difficulty level or a bug with their aggressiveness?

And finally, at one point I dedicated about a week of time to the Mongols and conquered all of Europe. Everything. And noted a lack of any video or anything. Keep in mind I did this before those two settlements below the Moors were open yet as well as the Americas. Is this typical?

Default Re: Need Some Help

Not sure but I'll take a few shots at what I've learned from playing.

The unit cheat could be happening because of how the "eras" are set up. For example if you try to make the city guards before the mongol event it might not allow it. Try just creating a simple unit such as the mounted nights that are available right off the bat. I could be totally off here, but that's the only reason I could imagine it not working.

As for the Kwarezm, they seem to behave like that no matter the difficulty. I have noticed that if they manage to hang around they will start to expand, espicially when they get elephants and immortal units. I've played as them before and after you get past the first era they start to really become capable and deadly.

And finally, never played through as the mongols. After taking over so much so easily I just stopped. So sorry, no answers or ideas.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: Need Some Help

Quote Originally Posted by LordofLordiness View Post
    Hey there guys. Long time lurker of TWC and I'd first like to start off by saying I absolutely love your mode.

However, after playing it for some time i've seen some problems with it. First off, let me say i'm an avid user of the cheats for the campaign. I decided to give the Teutonics a try yesterday and noted that when trying to use the create_unit command many units, despite perfect spelling and the likes, would not spawn. Yes, I checked the export_units file and decided it would be too much work to track down the proper name of every Teutonic unit. Anyone who has time and skill on their hands that can give me a list?

Also, I noted that the Kwarezm, every time I play the campaign, would not move from their spot. Note, I normally play on Easy because i'm lazy. Their huge army would move to the side of their mountains, build a fort, garrison, and sit there. Is this because of the low difficulty level or a bug with their aggressiveness?

And finally, at one point I dedicated about a week of time to the Mongols and conquered all of Europe. Everything. And noted a lack of any video or anything. Keep in mind I did this before those two settlements below the Moors were open yet as well as the Americas. Is this typical?

Hello LordofLordiness,

Welcome to the CAE subforum.It's always good to hear that another mtw2 player enjoys CAE.Now I will answer your problems.

It's not relevant for me whether you use cheats or not,that's totally your preferance.You've checked for the right file the edu,to seek the unit's dictionary in order to enable the create unit cheat.

Teutonic unit ownerships are indicated as Saxon in the edu.So you can track them by their Saxon ownerships.Please do specify the unit or units that you seek so I will tell you what you should type in the console.,

Unfortunately that's Kwarezmians problem.The expanding system in mtw2 works whether there are rebel provinces or not.If there aren't any rebel provinces this bug happens and the AI gets stuck.I need to create 1 more province for the Kwarizmians to expand,and continue their expansion.

In the vanilla most of the Mongol units have no upkeeps.Their maintenance is free.I haven't changed that so that's probably you ended up conquering all of Europe However I will assign them upkeeps since a weird situation had been reported,AI tends to build dozens of captains with single units..

I hope these answers will suffice,if not ask more.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...