Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imago Dei II - A TWC Mod

Default Imago Dei II - A TWC Mod

Mod Download - www.pvpchamps.com/mod.rar
    Original ID Thread - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/....php?p=6873737

MEIOU, a EU3 map mod project, has finally fixed their issues with Nvidia graphics cards. As a result i'm porting this mod into that map. For a look at what this map project offers go to this link
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2&page=1&pp=20

Issues:
    No pressing issues or bugs at the moment.
    Fixes and Additions:
    This will always be save game compatible unless said otherwise.

Ver: 2.6 - In Progress
    Fixed bug with missionaries, various bugfixes.
    Added another path to form Russia, own 20 provinces as a Russian culture nation.
    Returned exploration to what it was in the original Imago Dei. Still working on an alternative.
    Ver: 2.5
    Fixed some bugs with the 2.1 patch, now all 2.1 events and added abilities like colony rage will display properly.
    Minor defines tweaks.

update: Added new Scandinavian tags depending on who forms that nation, added Portuguese tag for Spain.

This will allow you to use the monarch names for those nations when forming Spain or Portugal, among other things such as new flags.

Also fixed a few bugs, this should be mostly bug free now.

==============================================
    Please post any bugs you have to report if you find any.

I decided to take over the Imago Dei mod project and am currently working on new version that i'm going to call, for now, Imago Dei II. This mod will eventually contain other projects and ideas from other mods as well. If anyone has any ideas they would like see in this mod please comment.

This is what i'm working on right now:

Reworking the entire Imago Dei revolt risk system, lowering revolt risks that AIs can't deal with and introducing different sets of issues.

Fixing exploration so that only major real life explorer nations can achieve it easily. Other nations and non-europeon nations can still explore if they meet certain requirements.

Reworking the ID badboy system, removing ridiculous revolt risks and lowering BB tolerance.

New nations to form:
    I'm adding some entirely new events to the game to form nations, adding new nations such as the Byzantines, and other ideas.
    There will be multiple version of the same nation, such as Italy and Spain, depending on who formed it. The monarch names will match that culture and the flag will be different. Here is an example of the italian flag for an Italy formed by Venice:

Tuscany:

Reconquista events and cultural changes. When you form prussia you will convert old prussian culture provinces to prussian, Greece can eject the turks from Anatolia, russians will "colonize" the tartar province they control, etc.

If you have any ideas you would like to see in a mod please post them. I'm open to more people assisting to the mod and want this to be a TWC EU3 fan collaboration.
    Last edited by Kanaric; January 29, 2008 at 03:00 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: Imago Dei II - A TWC Mod

Could you post a link to the original ID thread in the EUIII forum at paradox? It has a full changelog.

I will download this today. Looks good Kanaric.

I will get back to about how the game goes.

One thing I have to ask, can Russia still explore?

I got a PM saying that someone has graphical glitches, if anyone gets anything like that please post. I want to make sure there are no major bugs like that before I post this at paradox.

One thing I have to ask, can Russia still explore?
    I returned, in the recent version, exploration to the original Imago Dei way of doing things. So yes you can explore with Russia.

notvizigothe's Avatar Civis

I downloaded it but it is missing large portions of grapics. I have no backround for anything. Like the advisor's...no pictures nothing just floating text really.

- Not bad. Congratulations. Tell me, was it necessary that you kill all of them? I only told you to scare them.
    - People scare better when they're dying.

[Damn you for making this the venue I must post at!]

- Not bad. Congratulations. Tell me, was it necessary that you kill all of them? I only told you to scare them.

I think I know what the problem is here. The screens help a lot, i'll probably have another version up tomorrow that fixes this.
    [Damn you for making this the venue I must post at!]
    lol i'll make another topic.

I meant TWC...

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Wow guys, im dreaming or this mod is great? The first time i enter here, and it was only a accident....Please can someone tell me what is the mod about?? Is real that we can choose all the nations of the world?? Is albania here?? And is this mod like other TW mods?? Please can u help me some instructions, in how to play the mod?? What do i need to do, just download from that link in the 1st post, and then is ready??....Have a nice day all of u......

EDIT- I downloaded the mod, but dont know how to install it?? I need some help please...Is there any other link to download or what??
    Last edited by Nikron; January 09, 2008 at 08:50 AM.

It is not a TW mod. It is a mod for Europa Universalis 3. Which is a much more in depth strategy game than any of the TW games. Albania is in the game though. You can learn more about the game from http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...play.php?f=323 and you can purchase the game from http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=14

Ok I think I fixed the problem, for some reason this bug will not show up for me to try it and tell me if its fixed.

Rofl...I fixed it myself. Just moved the Interface files into the mod interface files.

I am not totally w/o my talent

I will check though.

Edit: The download link is Timed Out.
    Last edited by notvizigothe; January 09, 2008 at 05:58 PM.

Also...what are the open event IDs?

there are certain files in the interface folder that are modded so just moving it will actually cause a problem with some things like religion icons. When you copy don't overwrite anything and see if that works.

If you want to check if the religion icons are messed up look at Oman or ethiopia. They both have new icons for their religions.

I use the prefix 9000 before any even ID that I add, you should use 8000.

Also when you make an event name the files like this:
    IDII - 90000100 Nation Tag Events.txt
    Last edited by Kanaric; January 09, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

Yea I noticed some of the religious icons are messed. Animism is Calvinist and Sunni are now Hindu...I'll fix that though.

Burgundy is insanely powerful. Massive blobbing by them. Poor Minors, no one protects them. Burgundy would lose 1 province to France and then gobble up 4 from German minors or Italian minors. Now Burgundy is crushing Austria who crushed the Ottomans rapidly. As Castille all my gains have been cores gained by a war which I had a Casus Belli or were gained in defensive wars. Portugal was inherited by England and after crushing England who declared war on me the whole of Portugal revolted and defected to me spare one province. Portugal now exists as the Azores which is a sore name for them now. Considering the sad state of affairs for them.

So far it has some neat little features but it still runs like a vanilla game. With people like Burgundy eating everything as fast as it can.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Hey guys, this mean that i need to buy the game?? Can i download it?? Do u know any link??

It is a pretty cheap game, about 20-25 dollars around town.

(Please do not download it illegaly...)

You can download the game legally off Gamersgate. It is kinda of like a half-assed version of Steam. Of course you have to pay for it though.

One of the things that i've been considering doing was to make the AI aggressiveness set to the lowest setting by default. I wanted to see what the agressive AI does before I did that so I left it as normal for now.

MM uses the lowest setting for that.

Really its hard to control what the AI does since you can program an actual AI for them, you just have to give them "incentives" to be good. Even in big mods like MM nations eat up everything all crazy, like france does in that mod when i've played it.

Imago dei was orignally made by this guy from the Paradox forums and it wasn't ment to be a very heavy mod, it was supposed to really suppliment the game as it was. But I agree with you in that we should try to make them behave.

If you want to try a new game turning the AI aggressiveness down to the lowest setting. It works much better, but the problem there is that I am going to have to create events to make Russia go to war or get generally angry with the Tartars and things like that, without that the AI rarely goes to war and stays like a peaceful western europe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast