Thread: Troubleshooting when executing CAE

Icon4 Troubleshooting when executing CAE

Greetings!

This is my first time trying to fix a mod to mtw2 and I downloaded/installed the 1.3 patch, and also tried to download the 1.3 bugfix, however it gives me a error msg when trying to extract it to the target map. It ways something about that it cannot identify the file sort.

Anyway when I try to execute CAE without the bugpatch, it startsup for a few seconds and then it turns down and leave me back at the desktop. Im not a vista user so theres no problem about that.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: Troubleshooting when executing CAE

Quote Originally Posted by Maccan2 View Post
    Greetings!

This is my first time trying to fix a mod to mtw2 and I downloaded/installed the 1.3 patch, and also tried to download the 1.3 bugfix, however it gives me a error msg when trying to extract it to the target map. It ways something about that it cannot identify the file sort.

Anyway when I try to execute CAE without the bugpatch, it startsup for a few seconds and then it turns down and leave me back at the desktop. Im not a vista user so theres no problem about that.
    Hello Maccan2,

If you have downloaded CAE recently meaning when it began to be hosted on rapidshare instead of filefront,you don't need to download and install CAE bug-CTd fixer since it had already been uploaded to the mod's installer.

Also mind that installing them over eachother somehow causes a start up ctd,since I recall another CAE player reporting the same case as yours.Strange that you weren't able to download it,and that it's not installed.

To use CAE is very simple..

You need to have patch v1.2 installed.And you run the installer.Then you play it.If your mtw2 is installed under your games directory change the installers installing directory..
    Shine on you crazy diamond...