Thread: disasters

Default disasters

Dear SV
    I must say that now I can claim to have extensively played your mod. What has interrupted my gaming experience is that disasters such as earthquakes and storms are quite often. Bearing in mind that a siege is not an easy thing in SV and requires time and valuable units, I think that losing your King, heir and two nobles out of 5 during a siege is rather too much and too often. Also if you forget someone i ship for two turns, he is also a serious nominee for storm victim.
    I have minimoded this aspect for myself but maybe you should tweak it in the next release also.

Respect

ConstanntineVII

PS: I know that this may sound as too much work but have you considered the adoption of BigMap for the next release? I mean the use of BigMap favours stone forts the most. Otherwise it is quite probable to just crowd the map and have constant siege battles.
    Last edited by ConstantineVII; December 20, 2007 at 05:50 AM.
    ΝΙΨΟΝΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑΜΗΜΟΝΑΝΟΨΙΝ

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: disasters

What has interrupted my gaming experience is that disasters such as earthquakes and storms are quite often.
    Well, that depends on the area you are acting ... hmm, and i at least haven't experienced this in an exagerated manner, strange. It would help if you can define this issue in regard of your played era and faction and the areas of these desasters, to judge a bit more about that.

As for storms, it is quite realistic, that a lot people lost their life in the sea, as the ships were in no way very high-sea capable. It was rather a lot luck, if the ships reached a far away target-coast, and of course dependent on the experience of the captain and the crew.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

As DV can attest, this also vexed me while implementing the unit balancing. I also had alot of dead family members, until I stopped carelessly throwing them into street battles vs infantry. This is where the infantry have the advantage.

In my last battle at Tunis, I had to withdraw my General because he was the only one left in the unit. He was forced to sit back and watch the rest of his army win for him.

I always keep a few non character knight types available for situations like this.

Regarding bigmap, I intend to resize the current map....once I find the time.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

I think you misunderstood SV. I meant loosing all these people NOT in the battle but beacuse of an Earthquake.

BTW I was playing Venice and tried to regain Chios (which is actually Mytilene) island from the Turks. During the 6 turn siege I faced two earthquakes and 2 storms!! (one of them killed my onboard priests who had to get back into the ships in order to give space for my troops to land and siege the city)
    ΝΙΨΟΝΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑΜΗΜΟΝΑΝΟΨΙΝ

Yes, I misunderstood. I noticed alot of storms, and especially floods in the desert areas, strange....

I'll check into this when I get a chance.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I playtest recently a Kingdoms mod, and there every second turn a ship is reduced due to a storm in their ports ... that's really exagerated ... strange, i never noticed a too high rate of desasters in SV/M2 :hmmm:
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

ive noticed that in certain areas in africa an earthquake occures every 5 turns or so but im not sure and in the the isles off of greece storms occur almost every turn