Thread: Good News About the Patch

The latest from Shogun at the .com as of December 10th:

The Patch

I know some of you are getting inpatient and feel we are not keeping you informed, we do not want to rush the patch out before it is ready. We have been reading the forums from Day 1 and want to make sure that we address as much as possible. The patch is extensive in the issues it addresses which include battle map AI, AI, UI issues, balancing, multiplayer, and general bugs (to name just a few).

Up till now we have been hesitant to issue a date for the patch as we have not wanted to give out any misleading information. We now feel confident enough to say that the patch will be out no later than the middle of January. However bare in mind that it will need to go through QA which is an exhaustive process and this is why we only get the one chance to get it right. Please bear with us as we have been working very hard to make this patch as good as it can be and I know it will be worth the wait.
    To discuss this, click here.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

NIce to know, thanks sib

At least they are putting effort into it and it should be good, im prepared to wait.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Good work takes patience.

NinjaCool's Avatar Ordinarius

Though we would get it sooner, oh well...

Creator of Historic Battles MOD for RTW

i thought we would be getting it sooner, but at least knowing a rough date stopped all the guessing and hourly trips too the forum :

WOW, This is awesome news.
    "Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!"

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

Wow, they mannaged two paragraphs this week.

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Addressing the U.I. ey...nice. :smile

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Glad to finally hear some further info on the patch. I had been hoping for a patch delivery as an Xmas
    pressie from CA, but oh well. Guess we'll just have to wait a little longer.

I cannot wait for this patch.... I have stopped playing this until the patch comes out. I have filled the void with Halo 2 on Live and busting out X-Com UFO defense. They will keep me occupied until Jan.