Thread: Socius Romanus Norma! (Allied Rome Party)

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Default Socius Romanus Norma! (Allied Rome Party)

Welcome friend!

We are the voice of reason in the senate, the moderate and the intelligent - we are of the Romans that believe in human rights, we are against slavery of kinds.
    We discourage capitalism, instead we favor farms and public services over great ugly agoras.
    Any talk of racial supremacy over any other civilization is arrogant and opinionated, we will not sit by and watch the other parties ethnically cleanse regions north of the Po river.
    We are the voice of moderation and peace, so I ask you great senator - will you join us? For we are Socius Romanus Norma!

Members;
    Decius Loreius Ancus
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default Re: Socius Romanus Norma! (Allied Rome Party)

Good luck friend Senator!We,the Constantia et Concordia party,are always happy to promote righteous ideas like these expressed by the most noble allied Romans..

ooc:and the intelligent... Bit arrogant? Or do you mean to imply that all Romans aren't as bright as your followers...:hmmm:

ooc2:Hell,thats Winter's lines!

ooc3:Check the posts count...spooky(it was 666 posts back then...)
    Last edited by Kritias; December 19, 2007 at 12:35 PM.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

sanada's Avatar Decanus

I think you should not read so much into it my friend

Romanus rolls off the tongue you see, easier to pronounce

Leader of the Constantia et Concordia, we welcome you, you may notice the Socius Romanus Norma have no leader

well,if that is so,if your' not the boss,why then don't you do yourself a favor and convert to the Constantian Cause?I am just saying...just saying...

ooc:Just kidding..
    Last edited by Kritias; December 19, 2007 at 01:05 PM.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

What is your stance on slavery?

We don't have any specific stance...I believe that in regular occasions slavery must be avoided but in specific situations,when the senate decrees it so,it can be acceptable like in conditions when our cities are depopulated by war or in urgent need of workforce.In any other case,I say that the slaves are position of the state,not the individual - slavery is a necessary evil,not a show off tool.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Slavery is an evil, it is not necessary - we cannot burden other people with the wrongs we have created!

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

wealth is measured by the slaves you own and those that work it... how ould our young learn if not from the pedagogues? Who would clean the sewers if not those most deserving? Surely you can see that Roma relies on her servants. Our legions would not be at their strength if all you offered was a few denarii. A legionaire looks forward to the spoils of war my good senator.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Wealth is measured by gold and spices, not by human life's! Are you implying a Greek is more 'worthy' to scrub the sewers because he was born in a different land?
    Our legionaries are paid wages, they are disciplined soldiers, not a gang of thieves to be let loose on innocent women and children.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Rex View Post
    wealth is measured by the slaves you own and those that work it... how ould our young learn if not from the pedagogues? Who would clean the sewers if not those most deserving? Surely you can see that Roma relies on her servants. Our legions would not be at their strength if all you offered was a few denarii. A legionaire looks forward to the spoils of war my good senator.
    I agree with you, Senator Sabinus. Conquered people must do what no Romans ever deserves to do, not even the lowliest punk! And that is, to clean the sewers for us; who will do that? Who will do that once wars demans all of our able-bodied Romans to war, and there will be very few to harvest the fields and work in the cities?

I'm a supporter of Slavery in most situations. We can discuss specific regulations for treating slaves if that's the case, but a Slave is a mark of Roman power. Every Slave is a tribute to the strenght of Rome and her magnificent armies on the battlefield, for having crushed an enemy and sent their people to work for US.

Senators, while I believe that Romans must have a job, I do agree that the lowliest jobs should be given to the State slaves when they start coming. And maybe other jobs, if there are little Roman free citizens to do them. But I do stress that I'll defend the right of every Roman to work his plot of land, and to have his job, as humble as it seems! Slavery might be an useful tool, but let'sn not be engulfed by the waves of Greeks and barbarians whom we will conquer. We must preserve our Roman identity, and for that, we need working class Roman citizens, not foreign slaves!
    Last edited by Marie Louise von Preussen; December 20, 2007 at 02:19 PM.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

sanada's Avatar Decanus

I agree with you, Senator Sabinus. Conquered people must do what no Romans ever deserves to do, not even the lowliest punk!
    Are you saying that we - as Romans - are superior to every other race?

Quote Originally Posted by sanada View Post
    Are you saying that we - as Romans - are superior to every other race?
    If we, Romans, are victorious in all fronts, against all enemies and civilizations, so that we're capable of capturing thousands, millions of them, then I see the reason for Slavery. That is, that we have been victorious on the battlefield, and as such, we acquired the Conqueror's right over the lives of the conquered peoples. They have lost their freeedom, now they belong to us as much as the spoils we have won!
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

I believe that both senators are implying that the slaves have their uses;For one,they will carry on some jobs undignified for a free citizen but still necessary to the public - as is the cleaning of sewers.

Do not mistake them,Senator;Superiority of one nation is just philosophical rabble;The strength of the state is an entire different thing and that is what both senators aim for...

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

I smell treason. Do not mistake what the enemy will do to you should they have you in their grasp. I have heard many stories of baby-killing and pillaging, raping and so forth. Is this what you will have for our women and children? Enslave the world if it will make Roma stronger
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

sanada's Avatar Decanus

I am disbanding this party, if any one wishes to continue you it, please take up from where I left off.